[ORP] Walking around Imperius

Moderator: Community Team

Grazilda

Re: [ORP] Walking around Imperius

Post by Grazilda »

I looked at the General without changing the expression on my face. He thinks of me as a fool. I must be more wary, I thought. I pondered at his words and at his offer. It has been a while since I faced someone using my weapon, save for the savage beasts that I've killed for food or for survival. He's a General and by all means a strong one. What was the probability that he was here to kill me like a savage animal? Can he be trusted? He talked about promise as if he knew me when obviously he does not. I looked at him.

"Your offer of information with a promise of silence is what baffles me. For what General would give such vital information to a total stranger? Nonetheless, I accept your offer of a sparring match only. The rest of your offer or invitation will depend on what happens next. However, I'd rather that we do the sparring match in a neutral place and not in your territory," I told him. If he was smart enough, he would not question my terms.
Mazork

Post by Mazork »

"Oh, I will not be giving out any true military secrets," he said, waving a hand nonchalantly. "Just information that would be available for you if you were an ordinary soldier among our ranks."

The woman was still as wary as a wild animal meeting a human. It was strangely cute, actually. Mazork found himself curious about her, not only as a potential recruit, but also as a potential friend. Achieving the latter would probably be a challenge of an entirely different scale, but that had never stopped the orc before.

"I have never considered the training ground my territory, it is a place where everyone in the town is free to come and train. Of course, we have our own within the military district, but sometimes I just want some time out of there. Nevertheless, if you have other ideas, I will listen."
Zahara

Post by Zahara »

She had decided to take a walk around the town to see what all was there. Walking through, she saw several places of interest, but continued walking. People were conversing, shops were selling their goods, and people were rushing where they needed to go. She finished her exploration of the town, and turned to head back home.
Grazilda

Post by Grazilda »

I pondered for a moment yet my eyes followed every movement made by Mazork. I was about to open my mouth for a reply when another stranger passed by without word. I waited for the stranger to do something and when the stranger moved on, I paused until no one can hear what I was about to say except for Mazork. "A promise is something so fragile yet so important yet you are ready to impart it to a stranger. But we can deal with it when the time comes. For now, we focus on the sparring match. There is a hill not far from here. The hill is an open-field type. Thus, no surprises can be done by either of us. It gives us both a fair chance. Sounds good?" I asked.

From the looks of the General, I may end up severely battered after the sparring match. Nonetheless, I know that I can survive it. I can use the fact that he was recruiting me in the Fenian army to guarantee that I'll come out of this alive. It is merely a sparring match, after all. But I've learned not to trust people too much, particularly if one can find me as easily dispensable.
Mazork

Post by Mazork »

Mazork took off his helmet, placed it under one arm, and scratched his head with the other hand. It seemed an explanation was needed. But that could be done while they walked.

"Lead the way," he simply said.

"Among my kind, promises are not fragile," he explained while they walked. "For an orc, a promise is as strong as an oath to a human. Only an orc who has given cause to be distrusted is demanded an oath - and should he break it, chances are he would be killed."

He lowered his voice as they came to a street that wasn't so empty. "I have had to get used to the human way of taking promises lightly, but I am still reluctant to demand oaths from others. Of course, in effect, should you be found out abusing my trust, you would be branded a traitor and brought to court just as if you had sworn an oath. The difference is, I would bear a part of the responsibility, and my status might be revoked."
Last edited by Mazork on Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vulkan

Post by Vulkan »

Vulkan walked about town within his Plate mail with sword at his side and shield across his back the streets on the primary militia route wondering if todays staff where keeping up on the pace as well as taking notes on the walls conditions and possible next day repairs, he saw a few people scattered around as he headed towards the markets.
Thanks for the signature and in memory of its creator Chelle (RIP)
Rieron

Post by Rieron »

Rieron watched with interest from a secluded building nearby a busy street as the Orc, Mazork, and the human named Grazilda conversed with one another while they walked through the roads. Due to his sensitive hearing he could listen to most of the conversation and make out what was being said between them despite being a couple of meters away. It was clear that the orc wanted to recruit the human into his army however Rieron was not about to let that happen especially since the orc followed a creature that was a coward to his standards. Rieron had traveled to Imperus with his cold one after hearing about Grazilda on the tavern recently and decided to search the human to see if she would fit in with the fighters he liked to surround himself with.

Slowly the druchii walked out of the building over to Mazork and Grazilda as they approached his location with a dark grin on his face. "I don't think you will want to do that human.. The Orc knows he will be able to win against you in a match regardless of the conditions and wants to show off his power to cause awe within you.." Rieron interrupted abruptly to cause pause on their movements as he strolls closer to them and came within their picture sights. When he was just a few feet away from her, the druchii scanned Grazilda without much discretion before saying in a low but deep voice "For once the rumors are true.. You do have the appearance of a warrior.." briefly he glanced at Mazork thinking the orc was starting to sound boring with all his talks about promises and whatnot then back to Grazilda "Pardon.. Perhaps I should introduce myself, I am Master Sorcerer Rieron of House of Dalakoi, pleasure to make your acquaintance human.. I am the death dealer who will show you what a true warrior is and where real power lies..if you so choose it of course.. Rieron said with a hint of cockiness in his voice as he stared at Grazilda with a devilish smile.
~Mated to Scarlet~ |Father to Ryker, Narezza, and Aeron| Master Sorcerer, Sargent, and Priest of Cork ~Drachau of Tsera Fuerte~ "Pain is erased when inflicted upon others."
Grazilda

Post by Grazilda »

When Mazork told me to lead the way, I stepped back and let him walk before me, instead. I must leave no room for an unexpected attack from the orc. Then, I quickened my pace and walked beside him, his hand movements were fully watched by my eyes.

I listened to Mazork talk about promises and death. I did not say anything and let the General explain his story. I did not agree nor disagree with him. At least I did not let him know of my sentiments. Such sensitive information about trust was something that I'd rather not impart on a stranger, particularly one who was bigger than me.

As we walked on an occupied street, my hand was on my dagger, ready for an attack. I was always ready for an ambush in those types of places. I made sure that I can watch Mazork's every movement, especially his hand partially hidden by the helmet that he held. "And you take responsibility for the fault of your subordinates." I told him.

A creature was nearby, who was clad in armor and identified himself as Sheriff Vulkan in the tavern earlier and my body was ready for battle. I was more aware of my surroundings as the creature with plate mail and sword walked on his way without a word.

I had the feeling that I was being watched and I walked slowly, like a creature calculating its steps and ready to pounce an unseen enemy. When suddenly, a druchii slowly walked towards us and talked as if he was invited to the conversation. Two strange creatures before me and this made me fully-alert. I stepped back and calculated my distance between this creature called Rieron and the orc Mazork should they both try to kill me in that instant.

I let them talk. "I'm Grazilda," I replied to his introduction but after that, I did not say a word, but I assumed a fighting stance just in case.
Last edited by Grazilda on Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mazork

Post by Mazork »

Mazork knew whom he was facing even before the druchii introduced himself. Rieron's description was in a number of reports that passed through the general, the druchii was one of the people most closely watched by the Fenian spies. The orc revealed his impressive canines in a savage expression and magic flared in his eyes, responding to his excitement. His body tensed up, ready to spring into action, and his hands itched to grab the axe on his back, but he resisted the urge.

"Rieron..." he growled menacingly. "The most infamous druchii around. It seems you are as unpleasant as I heard. You do have some nerve to show your face here, though. The only reason I am not trying to take your head yet is because there is no standing order to take you down... at the moment. What is your business here?"
Last edited by Mazork on Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grazilda

Post by Grazilda »

I looked at Mazork and witnessed the change from his calm and peaceful looks to a menacing one that I expected from an orc. And there seemed to be some magic in his eyes---literally. If that was white or black magic, I was not able to figure it out. At least not yet. And I looked at Rieron with his devilish smile and Mages know if he's actually trying to be dashing.

I looked again from the Orc to the Druchii. And I suddenly managed to laugh. "My, my! This actually sounds better than a love triangle. And I can't believe I'll see myself in this situation. I thank you both for your polite introductions. I really do. Rarely do creatures approach me. Nonetheless, it seems like you two have to deal with each other first. Settle your issues with each other and then get hold of me when you're both done," I said.

I knew that I basically gave myself a death sentence with what I said. However, life's like that and one has to be prepared to dance with death and get away with it. "I'm no one's pawn and I refuse to serve anyone mindlessly. I am not a domesticated pet. I only join a group that is in line with my philosophies and standards in life. As of the moment, I am bored with your exchange of negative words against each other. I'd rather let actions speak better than words," I told both creatures.