[ORP]Morghains Territory

Moderator: Community Team

Victorious

Re: [ORP]Morghains Territory

Post by Victorious »

She looked at Morghain and could feel her eyes go through her but she was confident she would overcome her difficulties and make herself proud and Morghain. She stood up from her seat, "Thank you for seeing me." She then looked at her Captain and waited for him to lead them to safety to her own territory or at least out of Morghain's territory. She was very impressed with Morghain's territory.
Protector of the Te'sorthene Roma|Married to Katara Dalakoi|
Finlay

Post by Finlay »

it looked like Sebastian would suffer through another boring night, with nothing else to do other than go on a quick hunt, or stay home doing little things to keep his mind occupied. That might look like going over his spending, reading a few passages from a few books, cleaning his dwellings, but it would just be another boring night for Sebastian. That's what it was looking like, at first, but he decided after pacing in his home for a few moments, that he would visit his masters lands. He swore loyalty to her mostly out of a fit of weakness, when he first came back to the lands of Fenia, and looked back on the decision with a bit of regret, his master was his master however. Sebastian didn't mind a bit of blind loyalty, in fact, he hated thinking for himself to a lesser extent, so this was a fine gig to him. He followed his masters directions until stumbling across a gate, with a few gruesome decorations on it, and Sebastian had a strong feeling that this was the right place. He wouldn't call out for somebody though, he just stood outside the gate, waiting for somebody to walk by and let him in. He truly didn't mind if he spent most of the night out here, it's not like he had anything better to do.
Morghain

Post by Morghain »

She'd gone for a brief sojourn into the city to see what there was to see and what was about. Now she was returning home, her sharp eyes roving across the land as she flew. As she came to the gates that allowed creatures monitored access to her lands, she spotted a figure standing their, seemingly without direction or purpose.

Redirecting her flight path so that she was out of sight but down wind of him, she confirmed it as the one named Sebastian whose oaths she had not long ago taken. She found him an odd little creature but like able enough so far as she could tell. Settling atop the gate, she gazes down and addresses her unexpected guest.

"My, my, my there is a lost little lamb sitting at my gates. What shall I do with you, lost little lamb?"
Finlay

Post by Finlay »

Sebastian had a lot of thoughts passing through his head as he waited in silence for somebody to appear. There wasn't much variety to what he thought about, though. He always thought about the same few things, books and hunting. Lately he had been thinking of a few people he had begin to call his friends. Sebastian was far from a social creature but their were a few souls that he felt a little attached to.

After some more waiting Morghain appeared and Sebastian looked at her, smiling, and said in response to her,
"Whatever needs doing, master."
Morghain

Post by Morghain »

Raising her brow, she stands from her crouched position and steps off her perch. Spreading her wings just enough to slow her decent, she drops to the ground, landing with a soft thump next to Seb. Though she'd spent some time in discussion with him as they'd travelled from his previous town to Imperius as well as discussion in the taverns, he was stgill a vampire that piqued her curiosity. He was quite contrary to her understanding of vampire kind.

She raises her hand to beckon him towards the gate which open to her as though automatically. As they walk, she begins to question him,
"You have mentioned on occasion that you are a creature who enjoys reading a wide range of topics. Are you also capable of teaching some of what you have learned?"
Finlay

Post by Finlay »

Sebastian followed Morghain through the gate smiling. He was happy to be with his master. He nodded at her words and waited for her to finish speaking before saying, "I value knowledge, which is the main motivation for my reading. What topics do I need to teach? I believe you mentioned your sons want to learn military strategy. I am not great in that area, but I can try my best. And you wanted one of your children to be groomed to like books, I think you mentioned, but please correct me if I am wrong, master." Sebastian went quite and awaited a response.
Morghain

Post by Morghain »

She could not help but smile as they walked. She had never heard her newest acquisition more animated than when he talked about his books. It had occurred to her during one of her ponderings, that book learning could prove just as much a weapon in the right hands as a creatures claws or fangs. She was not particularly inclined on exploring those avenues past what she found useful for herself but she could ensure that her children at least had the opportunity to be introduced to the world those pieces of paper covered in scrawled thoughts represented.

As they walk along, she is reminded of another amusing thought..it'd been a long, long time since she'd actually walked up this part. She'd forgotten what the view was like from this angle. She rather pitied those who were bound to the ground and could not appreciate the beauty and freedom of flight. As Sebastians words trailed to an end, she contemplates briefly before replying.
"It has come to my attention that the right knowledge at the right time can mean the failure or success of a venture. In my Seethe, each member contributes to the good so far as they are able. Lending their strengths where they are suited and relying on others where they are not. No one member is more or less important than any other as all have their roles in ensuring the success of the whole. In saying that, I would like you to teach my children and any of the rest of the Seethe who wish, skills that will enable them to move seamlessly within society and perhaps finding means in which they may contribute to the family in other ways. Each of my children are different in temperament, my oldest son, Damian is strong of will, a leader. He is bigger, stronger and faster than his siblings. He, I think, will be a great leader of men. A General perhaps.

She stops speaking there, knowing she had gone on for some time and had not given Sebastian time to ask questions. So taking this moment as she continues to walk up the long narrow incline, she looks to him to judge if he understood what she was saying so far.
Finlay

Post by Finlay »

Sebastian let out a low, "Hmmmm..." After hearing Morghain speak. He remained silent for some time, perhaps half a minute, whilst constructing his thoughts, trying to figure out what to say next. "To speak simply, master," Sebastian began, "To be truthful, that is, reading has always been little more than a pass time for me. I am sure, compared to most of your seethe, I am not a skillful creature. I rarely meet with failure while hunting, of course, but I do not take challenges upon myself. I am not sure what I can teach any, when it comes to... Book smarts, that would be deemed useful. Now, what are the plans for this night, master?" Sebastian finished speaking and let his mind wander. There were many thoughts lingering in his head that kept pulling at him, seeking his attention. After catching himself get side tracked he shook the thoughts away and focused his attention back on Morghain.
Morghain

Post by Morghain »

She frowns as she listens, obviously displeased at what she is hearing. Over and over she'd heard him wiggle his way out of committing himself to any task. He really was a complacent and...dare she say..lazy creature. This would not do at all. " This is not the impression you gave me when I allowed you to enter my Seethe, my Sebastian. I made it clear that I would allow only those who are of use to the Seethe to enter it. Am I to believe you lied your way in? I allowed you my protection under the understanding that you would teach my children. As for what my plans are for the night, for now you will meet with Nathan and my Captain so that we may determine just what use you may be to us or if you are to be sent away from us..."

Her sentence trails off to almost a threatening growl, trying to impress upon Sebastian the seriousness of his position. She would not allow a creature that would rely on the rest of the Seethe without contributing to its well being to remain with them. He would be a weakness that could be exploited against them and without the benefit of some sense of ownership or service to the Seethe, he would be more likely to quickly fold should pressure be applied.
Morghain

Post by Morghain »

A rather long time later...

Curiosity had finally achieved what other temptations had failed at....brought her down from her Ayrie for more than a passing visit.

Strange and intriguing rumours were on the wind about a coming uprising of supposed Zombies on a scale she had not heard of since the Necromancer still rambled the Temple hallways. Had another come to attempt to take his place of power?

As others who had heard the rumours were doing, she wanted to know more about these tales so that she could determine what preparations she needed to make.

Her first stop was the Cathedral. But that visit ended up being less than satisfactory as some of the older clergy still remembered the days before her transformation, when she was younger and more mischievous. She'd broken many a sacred window here then so many of the conversations she came across as she pretended to work within the Cathedral would stop abruptly. Bent,grey haired old men in robes that could have fed the masses a whole season, glared silently at her with censure in their eyes.

Of the younger set..well they weren't much better. Her views on the supposed deities were well known. It looked like the young followers of those gods were wondering if those they served would rain holy fire upon her head for daring to set foot in this sacred centre. ...or if they thought she was there to feed from them, steal all the precious treasures and destroy whatever was left over...suffice to say, the only thing she did overhear was useless gossip from a peasant saying that the Marquess was studying to raise a zombie army. She'd wanted information about someone raising a zombie army but accusing the Marquess was ridiculous. With a snort of derision, she shelved that bit of information and left at the end of the day with a measely 7 freznics in hand.

The next day she went out to the mine. Small, cramped and wet, she didn't like it anymore now than she did when she was younger. ..except now she'd be washing the dust and grime out of her feathers for days to come...she knew there was a reason she'd stopped coming here as soon as she could....there weren't even creatures down here to hunt to keep her amused. She only hoped her time here would be better spent than the day before.

At the end of the day, all she had to show was dust and dirt from head to foot..including in places she'd yet to work out how it even got, 13 freznics and an amusing tale about someone in Bravia wanting to summon the Dragon to destroy the castle over there..again.

As she made her way home, she wondered what tomorrow would bring..as well as whether or not her clothes would stand up all by themselves when she took them off.