Peasants Requests

Moderator: Community Team

Zachrin

Peasants Requests

Post by Zachrin »

A group of peasant arrive at town hall hot, sweating, and wielding wheat forks. They seem very upset about the heat and the stillness of the air. They seem to call out for action.

"Mayor, we need money to deal with this crisis. How much will you give us to help us or shall we be ignored?"

[OOC: This is an RP event for mayors and others to interact with. Mayors will have until March 31st end of day before reset to give an answer. The money will be taken from town hall and the response of the peasants posted here and in the TH event log]
This world is but just a canvas for our imagination - Henry David Thoreau
Michael

Re: Peasants Requests

Post by Michael »

Michael sat in his office working on his daily tasks when he heard a ruckus outside his window. He sat up and walked over to have a look. To his surprise he saw a crowd of Peasants gathered outside wielding wheat forks and looking extremely upset about something.

He proceeded to walk out onto the balcony to address them all. As he left his office and stepped onto the balcony, the roar of the peasants struck him like a lightning bolt. There was so much noise Michael could not make out clearly what was being said but heard them mention that they were upset about the heat and the stillness of the air. so he decided to address them.

Fellow Men, Woman and creatures of all shapes and sizes, I see some of you, seem to be troubled by the weather Michael shouted out from the Town Hall Balcony. His words echoing around the Town Square. The Peasants began murmuring to each other before the Mayor heard one shout at him...."Mayor, we need money to deal with this crisis. How much will you give us to help us or shall we be ignored?"

We are all affected by this still hot weather. If money could solve this problem i would happily solve it for all of us. Unfortunately with all the money in the world, we cannot control the weather. I ask that you join me and the entire Town in prayer to the Great Mage of our lands for better weather. If we all attend our Mass Service in the Towns Temple with enough prayer im certain the Great Mage will hear us and bless us with a fitting response to our request. What say you my fellow Imperians? Will you support our town in Prayer to the Great Mage?

Michael looks upon the crown of peasants awaiting his answer, hoping that his words do not spark an aggressive response but a peaceful one.
Morghain

Post by Morghain »

The gossips around town had hummed of a mob of peasants making its way towards the town hall. Curious as to what the hubbub was about, she'd lazily flown over them as they made their way through Imperius' streets. Soon enough, they stop in front of the Town Hall and begin bleating their demands.

As she hears what they are wanting, she can not help but smirk in amusement and says to herself "Really, little sheep? Change the weather to suit you? The seasons will do as it will regardless of the whims of the mortals under its sway. It is not beholden to any laws but its own. Do you think there would be no consequence to meddling with something so fickle as the weather?"

She is further interested when she hears Michaels reply. This time she laughs outright, surely the man jests as that solution would only appease idiots. Pray to the Mages? It would do the man better to remind the creatures that we live near a forest with trees that provide shelter from the harsh sunlight. Or perhaps there are other more practical solutions that could be offered than appealing to the Mages. Silly, weak sheep....
Zachrin

Post by Zachrin »

The peasants murmur among themselves. Several voices seem to come forth:

"We need money to buy stuff for sacrifices to the Mages"

"Sacrifices?!? Sacrifices won't cover my head or wet my tongue. I need drinks!"

"Drinks?!? We need hats and shelter and stuff that will cool us down!"
Michael

Post by Michael »

Hearing the words of Morghain...Michael thinks to himself she clearly knows him really well. But she makes an excellent point about the forrest trees.

As Michael hears the requests from his fellow people he cant help but take from his own purse and add to the Town Hall in order to help out the peasants.
Mar 31, 16546:38 pm Michael has donated 2 straw hats to the town.
Mar 31, 16546:36 pm Michael has donated 500 Freznics to the town.
My fellow imperians, as we wait patiently for better weather from the Great Mage of our land, i will Take from my own pocket to help you as much as i can. In the meantime, i do recommend running towards our forests. We have more than enough shade there, if you don't like the tree thats giving you shade, chop it down and choose another. Let us be patient, the weather is bound to change eventually.
Morghain

Post by Morghain »

As far as she was concerned, the King and by extention, the Mayors that were his representatives, had more than sufficiently provided food, shelter and meaningful employment to the people. She felt the demands made by the peasantry was nothing but greed but she understood it was the duty of the mayor to deal with situations such as this as they thought best. So she sat. She watched. And she waited.

Where previously only one group of peasants had gathered, now there were two groups and this one was larger than the last. It was as yet unclear if this group came to lend its support to its fellows or if they were here to offer a different opinion, but their presence and the uncertainty of their intentions unsettled her. In weather like this, tempers could easily become heated and frayed. Conflict would ensue, leading to the wasted spilling of blood that should be savored at leisure. She suggests to Michael in a low tone, loud enough for him to hear clearly, but too quiet to travel to the peasantry,
"Perhaps it would be prudent to bolster the towns protections and ensure the guards are alert in case one of the sheep should foolishly think themselves a wolf..."

Until she was certain that things would not become unpleasant, her attention would remain here. Other considerations could easily wait until things were somewhat more settled.
Zachrin

Post by Zachrin »

The peasants rejoice at the offering given by the mayor. A few seem to fight over the hats, but some seem to be willing to take turns. A brawl had to be broken up, but most were seen leaving towards the tavern to buy drinks. A song broke out among some of the peasants:

"In the days of heat,
Michael can not be beat!
He hears our words
For him, we'd pick up our swords

Our love for Imperius grows
Just as the drinks glows
Praise be to the mayor
For giving us favor

Raise a glass or two
We don't have to be blue
Cheers to Michael!
Our Mayor, Our Hope!"
Michael

Post by Michael »

After hearing the rejoice from the peasants, Michael heads back into his office and gets back to work.