*Imperius Cathedral, Diocese of Saint Kaylia

Moderator: Community Team

Bhenithius

*Imperius Cathedral, Diocese of Saint Kaylia

Post by Bhenithius »

This thread is the forum representation of our IG city cathedral. I encourage my fellow cathedral appointees to post their masses here as well. I encourage citizens to as well to use this thread too. Let's bring some life back to our forum :)

"Hello All. I am Lord Bhenithius Agesarian, Baron of North Mogwire Shire and your newest Deacon here at our glorius Imperius Cathedral. I hope to be a welcome addition here with you all.

As my first sermon, I will keep it short.

Community. That is one of the most valuable assets that any nation of peoples can harness. It is more powerful than financial wealth, military might or even magics dark and light. Yet, it is also the most unstable and unpredictable of assets. A community can crumble in upon itself if not nurtured and tended like it deserves. We live in a world filled with all manners of creatures ranging from humanoid to dragon to undead and beyond, so it is easy to see how so many different minds will clash at times and spread turmoil throughout the community. Negativity spreads like a diesease and remaining positive is the only cure. So how can we each do our little part in keeping our community strong?

Patience, understanding, compassion and cooperation. These are all tools each of us possess within ourselves and it costs nothing from us to use them.

When you see your neighbour, shopkeeper, friend or stranger, try to greet them with warmness and ask them how their day is. When you see someone looking down and sad, take a moment out of your day and ask them if they are well. When you see travellers from other lands, make them feel welcome by being courteous and polite. All of our individual attitudes are an expression of our land called Fenia. Let us not dishonour this greatest of Kingdoms by allowing our negative side show through.

Thank you all. Now let us reflect...."
Last edited by Bhenithius on Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bhenithius

Re: Imperius Cathedral, Diocese of Kaylia

Post by Bhenithius »

Anessen wrote:If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too:
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or, being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise;

If you can dream---and not make dreams your master;
If you can think---and not make thoughts your aim,
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same:.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build'em up with worn-out tools;

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings,
And never breathe a word about your loss:
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings---nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much:
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And---which is more---you'll be a Man, my son!
(Poem attributed to author, rudyard kipling)
Misty wrote:You are what you DO, not what you say ...

Do you find yourself talking about the things you'd like to do 'one day', but continually find reasons why now is not the right time? If so, maybe it's time for a rethink. Remember the moments in your life when you really wanted something (a car, house, dress, job) - was the right time an issue then, or did you just go for it? While you might not always have got what you wanted, you took action at the very least. Now it's time to review your 'dreams' file and ask, what have I seriously done recently to make those dreams a reality? If nothing - dump them or at the very least say, it's now or never!), Why? Because they weigh you down and become yet another reason tobeat yourself up! It's okay to let go of your dreams and find new ones. It doesn't mean you have failed, quite the opposite, it means you are evolving.

Go in peace my Friend.
Tigerlily wrote:The Rope

The night fell heavy in the heights of the mountains and the man could not see anything. All was black. Zero visibility, and the moon and the stars were covered by the clouds. As he was climbing only a few feet away from the top of the mountain, he slipped and fell in to the air, falling at great speed. He could only see black spots as he went down, and the terrible sensation of being sucked by gravity.

He kept falling, and in the moments of great fear, it came to his mind all the good and bad episodes of his life. He was thinking now about how close death was getting, when all of a sudden he felt the rope tied to his waist pull him very hard. His body was hanging in the air.

Only the rope was holding him and in that moment of stillness he had no other choice other to scream: “Help me God.”

All of a sudden a deep voice coming from the sky answered, “What do you want me to do?”

“Save me God.”

“Do you really think I can save you?”

“Of course I believe You can.”

“Then cut the rope tied to your waist.”

There was a moment of silence and the man decided to hold on to the rope with all his strength. The rescue team tells that the next day a climber was found dead and frozen, his body hanging from a rope. His hands holding tight to it. Only one foot away from the ground.

And We? How attached are we to our rope will we let go??? Don’t ever doubt about the words of God. We should never say that He has forgotten us or abandoned us.
- short storey attributed to http://www.sermoncentral.com
Last edited by Bhenithius on Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bhenithius

Re: Imperius Cathedral, Diocese of Kaylia

Post by Bhenithius »

"Friends, neighbours, countrymen, women and creatures. It is a great honour to speak before you again in our beautiful cathedral. As with last week's sermon, today I will be continuing on with the topic of Community and Unity...

Us. Every man, woman and creature. We are all One. From Lowly Beggar to Mighty Monarch. One body made up of many. Each with their own place and their own part to play, no matter how great or small. For it is the humble feet that keep the Body in motion. It is the sturdy legs that keep the Body upright. It is the strong arms that wield the weapons that protect us. It is the wise head with it's seeing eyes, hearing hears and smelling nose that steer us into the safest path....

When the foot stubs itself, is it not the mouth that cries out in pain? Is it not the hands that put down the sword to massage the soreness away? Do not the legs lift higher in the future to avoid another stubbing?

In this manner, we are One Body, each part dependent upon the next. To lose any limb impedes the whole...

Let us not forget this.

Thank you."
tigerlily

Re: Imperius Cathedral, Diocese of Saint Kaylia

Post by tigerlily »

The Ant and the Grasshopper

In a field one summer's day a Grasshopper was hopping about, chirping and singing to its heart's content. An Ant passed by, bearing along with great effort an ear of corn he was taking to the nest.

"Why not come and chat with me," said the Grasshopper, "instead of toiling and moiling away?" "I am helping to lay up food for the winter," said the Ant, "and recommend you to do the same." "Why bother about winter?" said the Grasshopper; "we have got plenty of food at present."

But the Ant went on its way and continued its toil. When the winter came the Grasshopper found itself dying of hunger, while it saw the ants distributing, every day, corn and grain from the stores they had collected in the summer.

Then the Grasshopper knew..

MORAL: WORK TODAY AND YOU CAN REAP THE BENEFITS TOMORROW!

Go in peace my friends
tigerlily

Post by tigerlily »

The Sandy Cat

THE sandy cat sat by the kitchen fire. Yesterday it had had no supper; this morning everyone had forgotten it. All night it had caught no mice; all day as yet it had tasted no milk. A little grey mouse, a saucerful of milk, a few fish or chicken bones, would have satisfied it ; but no grey mouse, with its soft stringy tail behind it, ran across the floor ; no milk was near, no chicken bones, no fish, no anything. The serving-maid had been washing clothes, and was hanging them out to dry. The children had loitered on their way to school, and were wondering what the master would say to them. The father had gone to the fair to help a neighbour to choose a horse. The mother sat making a patchwork quilt. No one thought of the sandy cat; it sat by the fire alone and hungry.

At last the clothes were all a-drying, the children had been scolded, and sat learning a lesson for the morrow. The father came from the fair, and the patchwork quilt was put away. The serving-maid put on a white apron with a frill, and a clean cap, then taking the sandy cat in her arms, said, "Pussy, shall we go into the garden?" So they went and walked up and down, up and down the pathway, till at last they stopped before a rose tree; the serving-maid held up the cat to smell the roses, but with one long bound it leaped from her arms and away-away-away.

Whither?

Ah, dear children, I cannot tell, for I was not there to see; but if ever you are a sandy cat you will know that it is a terrible thing to be asked to smell roses when you are longing for a saucerful of milk and a grey mouse with a soft stringy tail.

Go in peace my friends - did anyone see where the kitty went???
Misty

Post by Misty »

How to Get over Regrets:

1. You can’t change what happened as yesterday is gone - but you can make some choices so the future turns out better.

2. We all have regrets – it is part of being human. There’s no-one who is perfect, or who does things perfectly.

3. See it as a life lesson, and something you can learn from. Good can come from your regrets if you’ll let them change your ways.

4. See yourself as a new person … As a person you believe in …. As someone you are proud of, and as someone who you like.

5. Practice self-compassion and give yourself a break. You still deserve to be loved … it doesn't matter what you've done.

6. That was then – and this it now …. Let it go and look ahead. For you can’t change your future if you’re always looking back.

Go in peace my Friend
tigerlily

Post by tigerlily »

The Devoted Mother (week one)

A mother duck and her little ducklings were on their way to a lake one day. The ducklings were very happy following their mother and quack-quacking along the way.

All of a sudden the mother duck saw a fox at a distance. She was frightened and shouted, “Children, hurry to the lake. There’s a fox!”

The ducklings hurried towards the lake. The mother duck wondered what to do. She began to walk back and forth dragging one wing on the ground.

When the fox saw her he became happy. He said to himself, “It seems that she’s hurt and can’t fly! I can easily catch and eat her!” Then he ran towards her.

The mother duck ran, leading the fox away from the lake. The fox followed her. Now he wouldn’t be able to harm her ducklings. The mother duck looked towards her ducklings and saw that they had reached the lake. She was relieved, so she stopped and took a deep breath.

The fox thought she was tired and he came closer, but the mother duck quickly spread her wings and rose up in the air. She landed in the middle of the lake and her ducklings swam to her.

The fox stared in disbelief at the mother duck and her ducklings. He could not reach them because they were in the middle of the lake.

Dear children, some birds drag one of their wings on the ground when an enemy is going to attack. In this way they fool their enemies into thinking they are hurt. When the enemy follows them this gives their children time to escape.

Go in peace my friends
Misty

Post by Misty »

Always remember, we all have our own opinions and beliefs.
We have different ways in dealing with life's troubles and joys.
To survive our differences without hurting each other is what Goodness is all about.

Go in peace my Friend.
tigerlily

Post by tigerlily »

Don’t desire to walk when you have wings to fly

Once upon a time there lived a generous, kind-hearted king. He was fond of birds and animals and had a huge bird sanctuary in his reign. He disliked harming the animals and birds and even did not kill them for the sake of eating meat.

Owing to his generosity and kindness towards birds, he was gifted two beautiful falcons by his fellow businessman. Those two falcons belonged to a different place and lived in a different climatic condition.

The king thanked the businessman and ordered the head of the bird trainer to provide all the facilities to those beautiful falcons and make them feel comfortable in their country.

The head trainer took the birds and provided all essentials to help the birds adapt to the atmosphere. Gradually, the birds got adapted to the country’s atmosphere.

One day the king wanted to see the falcons fly as he heard that one of those falcons fly to great heights at a very high speed.

The king was quite surprised and rewarded the bird trainer with handful of gold coins. He enquired about the other falcon. The bird trainer stated with regret that the other falcon did not move even a step from the day one and just sat on the branch. The trainer also added that he tried everything best he could do and still he failed to make this bird move.

The king consoled him and told the trainer that he would bring someone more experienced than him or an old man who knew about falcons.

The king announced about his requirement to make the falcon move and fly. Hearing this announcement, an old man reached the King’s palace and assured him that he would make the bird fly like the other one.

The king asked the head trainer to take the old man to the sanctuary to train the falcon and he told that he would visit them the next day to see if there was any change.

The next day, the king was very surprised to see the other falcon fly like the first one to great heights in rapid speed. The king was too happy and rewarded him handful.

The king asked what he had done to make the bird fly in a day. The old man simply replied, ‘I just cut down the branch of the tree where the falcon used to sit.’

Many of us are like this. We have wings to fly, we know how to fly, and where to fly still we sit doing nothing or doing something that makes us inferior to others.

Don’t try to walk when you have wings to fly!

Go in peace my friends
tigerlily

Post by tigerlily »

Love and The Time Story

Once upon a time, there was an island where all the feelings lived: Happiness, Sadness, Knowledge, and all of the others, including Love. One day it was announced to the feelings that the island would sink, so all constructed boats and left. Except for Love.

Love was the only one who stayed. Love wanted to hold out until the last possible moment. When the island had almost sunk, Love decided to ask for help.

Richness was passing by Love in a grand boat. Love said, “Richness, can you take me with you?”

Richness answered, “No, I can’t. There is a lot of gold and silver in my boat. There is no place here for you.”

Love decided to ask Vanity who was also passing by in a beautiful vessel. “Vanity, please help me!” “I can’t help you, Love. You are all wet and might damage my boat,” Vanity answered.

Sadness was close by so Love asked, “Sadness, let me go with you.” “Oh . . . Love, I am so sad that I need to be by myself!” Happiness passed by Love, too, but she was so happy that she did not even hear when Love called her.

Suddenly, there was a voice, “Come, Love, I will take you.” It was an elder.

So blessed and overjoyed, Love even forgot to ask the elder where they were going. When they arrived at dry land, the elder went his own way. Realizing how much was owed the elder, Love asked Knowledge, another elder, “Who Helped me?”

“It was Time,” Knowledge answered.

“Time?” asked Love. “But why did Time help me?” Knowledge smiled with deep wisdom and answered, “Because only Time is capable of understanding how valuable Love is.”

Go in peace my friends