*Imperius Cathedral, Diocese of Saint Kaylia

Moderator: Community Team

Misty

Re: Imperius Cathedral, Diocese of Saint Kaylia

Post by Misty »

Once upon a time …

A very poor man lived with his wife. One day, his wife, who had very long hair asked him to buy her a comb for her hair to grow well and to be well-groomed.

The man felt very sorry and said no. He explained that he did not even have enough money to fix the strap of his watch he had just broken.

She did not insist on her request.

The man went to work and passed by a watch shop, sold his damaged watch at a low price and went to buy a comb for his wife.

He came home in the evening with the comb in his hand ready to give to his wife.

He was surprised when he saw his wife with a very short hair cut. She had sold her hair and was holding a new watch band.

Tears flowed simultaneously from their eyes, not for the futility of their actions, but for the reciprocity of their love.

Moral of the story: To love is nothing, to be loved is something but to love and to be loved by the one you love, that is everything.

Go in peace my Friend.
Misty

Post by Misty »

Once upon a time, there was a man who worked very hard just to keep food on the table for his family. This particular year a few days before Christmas, he punished his little five-year-old daughter after learning that she had used up the family's only roll of expensive gold wrapping paper.

As money was tight, he became even more upset when on Christmas Eve he saw that the child had used all of the expensive gold paper to decorate one shoebox she had put under the Christmas tree. He also was concerned about where she had gotten money to buy what was in the shoebox.

Nevertheless, the next morning the little girl, filled with excitement, brought the gift box to her father and said, "This is for you, Daddy!"

As he opened the box, the father was embarrassed by his earlier overreaction, now regretting how he had punished her.

But when he opened the shoebox, he found it was empty and again his anger flared. "Don't you know, young lady," he said harshly, "when you give someone a present, there's supposed to be something inside the package!"

The little girl looked up at him with sad tears rolling from her eyes and whispered: "Daddy, it's not empty. I blew kisses into it until it was all full."

The father was crushed. He fell on his knees and put his arms around his precious little girl. He begged her to forgive him for his unnecessary anger.

An accident took the life of the child only a short time later. It is told that the father kept this little gold box by his bed for all the years of his life. Whenever he was discouraged or faced difficult problems, he would open the box, take out an imaginary kiss, and remember the love of this beautiful child who had put it there.

In a very real sense, each of us has been given an invisible golden box filled with unconditional love and kisses from our children, family, friends and God. There is no more precious possession anyone could hold.

Go in peace my Friend and no matter what, if anything, you celebrate I hope you are safe and with loved ones.
Misty

Post by Misty »

Those who make compassion an essential part of their lives find the joy of life. Kindness deepens the spirit and produces rewards that cannot be completely explained in words. It is an experience more powerful than words. To become acquainted with kindness one must be prepared to learn new things and feel new feelings. Kindness is more than a philosophy of the mind. It is a philosophy of the spirit.

Go in peace my Friend.
tigerlily

Post by tigerlily »

The Three Kick Rule

Mr. Han was a lawyer. He loves fishing and hunting. It was a clear Saturday and he decided to spend his day fishing and hunting. He drove a long way to reach the forest and a lake was located near the forest. He decided to try his chance in fishing. Unfortunately, he could not catch even a single fish. He decided to return home. Suddenly he saw a rabbit moving around in the nearby area.

He shot the rabbit and the rabbit fallen down on the ground inside a fence of a garden. The lawyer had a quick glance in and around the garden and he saw nobody was there.

He jumped inside the garden, grabbed the rabbit and when he was about to climb back the fence, he was caught by the garden owner.

The garden owner and lawyer argued for the ownership of the rabbit.

The lawyer told he shot the rabbit and it belonged to him.

The owner argued, the rabbit grew in his garden and it was lying in his garden. So it belonged to him.

The lawyer shouted at the owner, ‘See, I’m a lawyer! I can sue you in the court and get you severe punishment!’

The owner decided to teach a lesson to the lawyer. He said, ‘Okay. I’ll kick you three times with my strength. You again kick me three times with your full strength. Let us continue this until you or me request to give up! The one who gives up lose the game and the other one wins and owns the rabbit!

Lawyer agreed to the ‘Three Kick’ rule and he was confident that he could win it! Apparently, the lawyer looked bigger and stronger than the garden owner.

They then argued on who should kick first. The decided on tossing a coin and the garden owner won the toss. He decided to kick the lawyer first!

The garden owner kicked him on his stomach, his legs and face! The lawyer groaned in pain and before he starts kicking the owner, the garden owner said, ‘I give up! It is all yours. Now, enjoy the rabbit!’

Never underestimate anyone and never become overconfident on your talent and powers. A big blow on the right place on you can bring you down.

Go in peace my friends
tigerlily

Post by tigerlily »

Health is Wealth

Once upon a time, there lived a generous and kind-hearted king. But, the people weren’t happy with their king. Because, the king was too lazy and would not do anything other than eating and sleeping.

He spent days and weeks and months in his bed either eating something or sleeping. He almost became inactive. The king became a potato couch and the people started to worry about the king.

One day he realized that he couldn’t even move his body, unable to move his foot. He became very fat and his enemies made fun of him ‘fatty king’, ‘bulky king’ etc.

He invited specialized doctors from various parts of his country and offered them generous rewards to make him fit. Unfortunately, none could help the king gain his health and fitness. Since the king was very cordial to his fellow people, many suggested renowned doctors to help him. He spent enormously but everything went in vain.

One fine morning, a holy man, (Rishi) visited the region of the King. He heard about the ill-health of the king and told the minister to meet him at his place. When the minister met him, he informed the minister that he could easily cure the king. Hearing these promising words, the minister became very happy. He requested the king to meet the holy man to get rid of the ill health.

The holy man resided at a distant place. Since the king could not move his body, the fatty king asked the minister to bring the holy man to the palace, but the holy man refused and ordered to come to meet him.

After strenuous efforts, the king met the holy man. The holy man encouraged him and said he was good and very soon the king would gain his health. He asked the king to come for treatment every day from the next day of visit. Also the holy man told the king that he would treat the king only if he came on foot to his place.

The King was unable to walk even a few steps on the road, but accompanied by his followers, he reached the holy man’s place. Unfortunately, the holy man was not available there and his devotee requested the king to come and meet him the next day for treatment.

This was repeated for two weeks and the king never met the holy man, never had any treatment. Suddenly, the king realized that he felt a lot lighter, lost considerable amount of weight and felt more active than before. He realized the reason why the holy man asked him to reach his place by walking.

Very soon, the king regained his health, and the people were very happy in his kingdom.

The King had a lot of wealth, but no amount of wealth could make him healthy.

Health is Wealth!

Go in peace my friends
tigerlily

Post by tigerlily »

Life Worth Saving

It was hot and dry summer. The beach was crowded with the people as they gather to beat the heat. There were so many people, from kids to aged people, enjoying the ambience at the beach.

There was a group of 20 boys aged between 12 to 15 years trying to be adventurous. They intend to hire a yacht, but due to tides, the yacht rides were prohibited on that day. Still, the boys were enjoying the most in the sea.

Suddenly the boys challenged themselves about racing in the sea. The one who swims and moves farther in the sea win the race and deservers a huge treat from the group. The boys agreed, except a few.

A boy in the group warned them not to play with danger, as the waves weren’t constant, they fluctuate. Some didn’t hear their warnings and started their race.

Suddenly, the waves from the sea elevated and few boys in that young group struggled to manage themselves to reach the shore. However, three boys, who considered themselves very brave decided to move deep into the sea for more thrill and fun! They determined to beat the tide and swim further.

While many people warned them, they continued to swim, far beyond the shore. All of a sudden, one boy was missing from the group. Away from the group the boy was unable to cope with the rising tides and the other two shouted for help.

No one dared to help the boys as the tides were so alarming. The crowd in the shore moved back to safe place.

From the crowd at the beach, one brave man consoled those two boys. Then he rushed to rescue the little boy who was swept out to the sea. Fortunately, he saved the boy’s life with so much effort. He brought him back to the sea shore after so many struggles. At first the boy was unconscious. Then after the first aid, he became conscious and opened his eyes. He saw the man who saved him from drowning in the sea. The boy said, ‘Thank you so much uncle, for saving my life. I’m so grateful to you. Thanks a lot.’

The man stood silently for few seconds and told him, looking deeply into his eyes, ‘Good on you child! You got a savior and your life is now renewed. You are born again. Make sure that your life is worth saving!’ and left the place!

The boy understood the man’s words.

Let us live a life that really worth something!

Go in peace my friends
tigerlily

Post by tigerlily »

The Wooden Doll

THE wooden doll had no peace. My dears, if ever you are a doll, hope to be a rag doll, or a wax doll, or a doll full of sawdust apt to ooze out, or a china doll easy to break anything in the world rather than a good strong wooden doll with a painted head and movable joints, for that is indeed a sad thing to be. Many a time the poor wooden doll wished it were a tin train, or a box of soldiers, or a woolly lamb, or anything on earth rather than what it was. It never had any peace; it was taken up and put down at all manners of odd moments, made to go to bed when the children went to bed, to get up when they got up, be bathed when they were bathed, dressed when they were dressed, taken out in all weathers, stuffed into their satchels when they went to school, left about in corners, dropped on stairs, forgotten, neglected, bumped, banged, broken, glued together, anything and everything it suffered, until many a time it said sadly enough to its poor little self," I might as well be a human being at once and be done with it !" And then it fell to thinking about human beings; what strange creatures they were, always going about, though none carried them save when they were very little; always sleeping and waking, and eating and drinking, and laughing and crying, and talking and walking, and doing this and that and the other, never resting for long together, or seeming as if they could be still for even a single day." They are always making a noise," thought the wooden doll; " they are always talking and walking about, always moving things and doing things, building up and pulling down, and making and unmaking forever and forever, and never are they quiet. It is lucky that we are not all human beings, or the world would be worn out in no time, and there would not be a corner left in which to rest a poor doll's head."

Go in peace my friends
tigerlily

Post by tigerlily »

The Proud Red Rose

One beautiful spring day a red rose blossomed in a forest. Many kinds of trees and plants grew there. As the rose looked around, a pine tree nearby said, “What a beautiful flower. I wish I was that lovely.” Another tree said, “Dear pine, do not be sad, we can not have everything.”

The rose turned its head and remarked, “It seems that I am the most beautiful plant in this forest.” A sunflower raised its yellow head and asked, “Why do you say that? In this forest there are many beautiful plants. You are just one of them.” The red rose replied, “I see everyone looking at me and admiring me.” Then the rose looked at a cactus and said, “Look at that ugly plant full of thorns!” The pine tree said, “Red rose, what kind of talk is this? Who can say what beauty is? You have thorns too.”

The proud red rose looked angrily at the pine and said, “I thought you had good taste! You do not know what beauty is at all. You can not compare my thorns to that of the cactus.”

“What a proud flower”, thought the trees.

The rose tried to move its roots away from the cactus, but it could not move. As the days passed,the red rose would look at the cactus and say insulting things, like: This plant is useless? How sorry I am to be his neighbor.

The cactus never got upset and he even tried to advise the rose, saying, “God did not create any form of life without a purpose.”

Spring passed, and the weather became very warm. Life became difficult in the forest, as the plants and animals needed water and no rain fell. The red rose began to wilt. One day the rose saw sparrows stick their beaks into the cactus and then fly away, refreshed. This was puzzling, and the red rose asked the pine tree what the birds were doing. The pine tree explained that the birds got water from the cactus. “Does it not hurt when they make holes?” asked the rose.

“Yes, but the cactus does not like to see any birds suffer,” replied the pine.

The rose opened its eyes in wonder and said, “The cactus has water?”

“Yes you can also drink from it. The sparrow can bring water to you if you ask the cactus for help.”

The red rose felt too ashamed of its past words and behavior to ask for water from the cactus, but then it finally did ask the cactus for help. The cactus kindly agreed and the birds filled their beaks with water and watered the rose’s roots. Thus the rose learned a lesson and never judged anyone by their appearance again.

Go in peace my friends
tigerlily

Post by tigerlily »

The Hidden Treasure

This is a short story about how hard work rewards?

There was an old man living in his village. He had four sons and they were very lazy. The old man fell sick and was counting his last days in bed. He worried a lot about his sons’ future as the young men hesitated a lot to work. The sons believed that luck would favour them.

The old man’s health deteriorated every day and decided to talk to his sons about their future. However, his sons did not listen to him. The Old man played a trick to let their sons realize the importance of work.

One day, the old man called all his sons and let them sit near him in his bed. He said he had a treasure box with gold coins and expensive gems for them and wanted to share the treasure equally and lead a happy, prosperous life. The young men were very happy and asked where his father placed the treasure. The old man replied them ‘I cannot exactly remember the place where I had hidden the treasure from the others. However, the treasure box is buried in our land. I’m really not sure about the place where I had hidden the treasure box.’

Even though the lazy young sons were happy, they were sad that the old man forgot the place where the treasure was hidden. After a few days, the old man died. The sons decided to dig the land to find the treasure box.

They worked very hard and dug their land. They could not find any treasure box in the land. They decided to dig a spot in their land that remained a bit different from the rest of the area. The sons believed that the treasure was buried in that spot. They dug the specific spot so deeply, got nothing but water.

A passerby who noticed the dug land and water flowing from a spot talked to the sons about agriculture. They sowed vegetable seeds and planted greens and flower plants in their land. Since the land became very fertile with abundant water, within a few weeks the land became a fertile garden with nutritious vegetables and greens. The young sons sold the vegetables at a good price and earned a good amount of money.

Then they realized that it was the hard work that was mentioned as ‘Treasure Box’ by their father. They defeated their laziness, worked hard, earned more money and lived happily.

Hard Work Always Pay
tigerlily

Post by tigerlily »

Over the Porridge

THEY sat down to eat their porridge. The naughty little girl turned her back upon her sister, and put a large spoonful into her mouth.

“Oh oh oh!" she cried, "I have burnt my tongue."

“Eat it slowly," said the good little sister. She took up her porridge carefully, and after blowing it very gently, and waiting for a minute or two while it cooled, ate it, and found it very nice.

"I shall not eat mine until it is quite cold," said Totsey, getting cross.

"Then it will be nasty," said the good little sister, still going on with her own porridge.

"Oh, dear," said Totsey, "if I eat it too hot it burns me, and if I eat it too cold it's nasty. What shall I do?

“Take it as I do mine," said the good little sister. "It is the right way."

“There are two wrong ways and only one right way; it isn't fair," sighed the naughty little girl. "And, oh! my porridge is so nasty." Then she asked, “Did you ever eat your porridge too hot and burn your tongue?"

"No," answered the good little sister; "I never ate my porridge too hot and burnt my tongue."

“Did you ever eat your porridge when it was quite cold and very nasty?”

"No," answered the good little sister again; "I never ate my porridge when it was quite cold and very nasty."

"Well, I have," said Totsey ; " and so I know about two things that you do not know about." And the naughty little sister got up and walked away, and the good little sister sat still and thought about many things.

Go in peace my friends