*Imperius Cathedral, Diocese of Saint Kaylia

Moderator: Community Team

tigerlily

Re: Imperius Cathedral, Diocese of Saint Kaylia

Post by tigerlily »

The Wooden Horse

“COME and have a ride," the big brother said. “I am afraid," the little one answered; " the horse's mouth is wide open."

"But it's only wooden. That is the best of a horse that isn't real. If his mouth is ever so wide open, he cannot shut it. So come," and the big brother lifted the little one up, and dragged him about.

"Oh, do stop!” the little one cried out in terror; "does the horse make that noise along the floor?"

“Yes."

"And is it a real noise?"

“Of course it is," the big brother answered.

“But I thought only real things could make real things," the little one said;” where does the imitation horse end and the real sound begin?

"At this the big brother stood still for a few minutes.

"I was thinking about real and imitation things," he said presently. "It's very difficult to tell which is which sometimes. You see they get so close together that the one often grows into the other, and some imitated things become real and some real ones become imitation as they go on. But I should say that you are a real coward for not having a ride."

"No, I am not," the little one laughed; and, getting astride the wooden horse, he sat up bravely. "Oh, Jack, dear," he said to his brother,” we will always be glad that we are real boys, or we too might have been made with mouths we were never able to shut!"

Blessings to you all.
Misty

Post by Misty »

Life is full of nothing other than moments and choices, and each one is massively profound, because it determines our experience and it's fullness or lack. In a single moment lies the greatest power of all...The power of choice.
And what do we choose?
Our choices create an instant response and shape our future immediately...
Tis the game of life and in each moment we win ... or we lose.
We win love or lose love, Win respect or lose respect, Win trust or lose trust, Keep integrity or lose integrity, Keep moving forward or lose momentum, keep friends or lose friends....and on it goes...

Go in peace my Friend.
tigerlily

Post by tigerlily »

The Duck Pond

SO little Bridget took the baby on her right arm and a jug in her left hand, and went to the farm to get the milk. On her way she went by the garden-gate of a large house that stood close to the farm, and she told the baby a story:-

“Last summer," she said,” a little girl, bigger than you, for she was just able to walk, came to stay in that house she and her father and mother. All about the road just here, the ducks and the chickens from the farm, and an old turkey, used to walk about all the day long, but the poor little ducks were very unhappy, for they had no pond to swim about in, only that narrow ditch through which the streamlet is flowing. When the little girl's father saw this, he took a spade, and worked and worked very hard, and out of the ditch and the streamlet he made a little pond for the ducks, and they swam about and were very happy all through the summer days. Every morning I used to stand and watch, and presently the garden-gate would open, and then the father would come out, leading the little girl by the hand, and the mother brought a large plateful of bits of broken bread. The little girl used to throw the bread to the ducks, and they ran after it and ate it up quickly, while she laughed out with glee,, and the father and the mother laughed too just as merrily. Baby, the father had blue eyes, and a voice that you seemed to hear with your heart.

“The little girl used to feed the chickens too, and the foolish old turkey that was so fond of her it would run after her until she screamed and was afraid. The dear father and the little girl came out every morning, while the black pigs looked through the bars of the farm-yard gate and grunted at them, as if they were glad, and I think the ducks knew that the father had made the pond, for they swam round and round it proudly while he watched them, but when he went away they seemed tired and sad.

“The pond is not there now, baby, for a man came by one day and made it into a ditch again; and the chickens and the ducks from the farm are kept in another place.

“The little girl is far away in her own home, which the father made for her, and the dear father lives in his own home too in the hearts of those he loved."

That was the story that Bridget told the baby.

Go in peace my friend
tigerlily

Post by tigerlily »

I Believe . . .
Poet: John McLeod

I believe that nothing in life is unimportant
Every moment can be a beginning
And a time for decision,
Taken against the constant background of one's faith
Each word and gesture - whether it comes from our
Strength or our weakness
May change the subsequent course of our life
And the lives of those around us.

Go in peace my friends
tigerlily

Post by tigerlily »

Fools

It was a cold and silent night. The weather was freezing. A group of monkeys were on a tree. They were clinging to its branches. One of the monkeys said, “I wish we could find some fire. It will help us to keep warm”.

Suddenly they noticed a flock of fireflies. One of the young monkeys thought it was fire.

He caught a firefly. He put it under a dry leaf and started blowing at it.

Some other monkeys also joined in his effort.

A sparrow came flying to its nest. The monkeys were sitting on the same tree. She noticed what they were doing. The sparrow laughed. She said, “Hey silly monkeys that is a firefly, not real fire”.

The sparrow continued: “I think all of you should take shelter in a cave”. The monkeys did not listen to the sparrow. They continued to blow at our poor firefly.

After some time the monkeys became very tired. Now they realized what the sparrow had said was correct.

They set free the firefly and moved to a nearby cave.

Go in peace my friends
tigerlily

Post by tigerlily »

The Hungry Fox who got Caught in the Tree Trunk

Once upon a time, there was a hungry fox that was looking for something to eat. He was very hungry. No matter how hard he tried, the fox could not find food. Finally he went to the edge of the forest and searched there for food. Suddenly he caught sight of a big tree with a hole in it.

Inside the hole was a package. The hungry fox immediately thought that there might be food in it, and he became very happy. He jumped into the hole and when he opened the package, he saw there were a lot of food, bread, meat and fruit in it!

An old woodcutter had placed the food in the tree trunk while he cut down trees in the forest. He was going to eat it for his lunch.

The fox happily began to eat. After the fox had finished eating, he felt thirsty and decided to leave the trunk and drink some water from a nearby spring. However, no matter how hard he tried, he could not get out of the hole. Do you know why? Yes, the fox had eaten so much food that he became too big to fit through the hole.

The fox was very sad and upset. He told himself, “I wish that I had thought a little before jumping into the hole.”

Yes children, this is the result of doing something without thinking about it first.

Go in peace my friends
tigerlily

Post by tigerlily »

NEVER PRETEND WHAT YOU ARE NOT

Once there was a crow that lived near a farm-house. The owner of the farm had kept some pigeons and he fed them with grains regularly. The crow looked at the pigeons and envied them everyday.

Deciding to share the feed, the crow painted his body like that of pigeons and joined the pigeons as one of them. Thus, he was able to enjoy the feed daily. The pigeons never suspected anything foul.

But one day, after the feed, the crow couldn't control himself and started crying. The pigeons came to know that he was not one of them. They pecked at his body so mercilessly that he started bleeding.

The crow flew away to save his life and went straight to his own brethren- the crows. But because of his painted body, they refused to accept him. So, he was forced to flee in order to save himself and became a homeless wanderer.

So, don't pose what you are not because affectation seldom works.

The End..

Go in peace my friends
tigerlily

Post by tigerlily »

Thursday Mass

The Trouble Tree

A carpenter I hired to help me restore an old farm house has just finished a rough day on the job. A flat tyre made him lose an hour of work, his electric saw quit and now his ancient truck refused to start. While I drove him home, he sat in stony silence. On arriving, he invited me in to meet his family.

As we walked toward the front door, he paused briefly at a small tree, touching the tips of the branches with both hands.

When opening the door, he underwent an amazing transformation. His tanned face was wreathed in smiles and he hugged his two small children and gave his wife a kiss. Afterward he walked me to the car. We passed the tree and my curiosity got the better of me so I asked him about what I had seen him do earlier.

'Oh, that's my trouble tree,' he replied. 'I know I can't help having troubles on the job, but one thing for sure, troubles don't belong at home with my wife and the children. So I just hang them up on the tree every night when I come home. Then in the morning I pick them up again.'

'Funny thing is,' he smiled, 'when I come out in the morning to pick them up, there aren't nearly as many as I remember hanging up the night before.'

Go in peace my friends
tigerlily

Post by tigerlily »

Greet people like a puppy

You don't have lick people's faces, but do show that you're happy to see them. Puppies remember everyone and are always thrilled to see people. When puppies greet us they are genuinely excited, and that makes us feel good about ourselves.

First impressions really do count, especially the first few seconds. When you meet friends, workmates, or new people, turn up the enthusiasm meter, make eye contact and smile.

Why do people love puppies, because puppies love people.

Go in peace my friends
tigerlily

Post by tigerlily »

Lessons from Geese

'Individual empowerment results from quality honking'

Lessons from Geese provides a perfect example of the importance of team work and how it can have a profound and powerful effect on any form of personal or business endeavour. When we use these five principles in our personal and business life it will help us to foster and encourage a level of passion and energy in ourselves, as well as those who are our friends, associates or team members.

It is essential to remember that teamwork happens inside and outside of business life when it is continually nurtured and encouraged.

Lesson 1 - The Importance of Achieving Goals

As each goose flaps its wings it creates an UPLIFT for the birds that follow. By flying in a 'V' formation the whole flock adds 71 percent extra to the flying range.

Outcome

When we have a sense of community and focus, we create trust and can help each other to achieve our goals.

Lesson 2 - The Importance of Team Work

When a goose falls out of formation it suddenly feels the drag and resistance of flying alone. It quickly moves back to take advantage of the lifting power of the birds in front.

Outcome

If we had as much sense as geese we would stay in formation with those headed where we want to go. We are willing to accept their help and give our help to others.

Lesson 3 - The Importance of Sharing

When a goose tires of flying up front it drops back into formation and another goose flies to the point position.

Outcome

It pays to take turns doing the hard tasks. We should respect and protect each other's unique arrangement of skills, capabilities, talents and resources.

Lesson 4 - The Importance of Empathy and Understanding

When a goose gets sick, two geese drop out of formation and follow it down to the ground to help and protect it.

Outcome

If we have as much sense as geese we will stand by each other in difficult times, as well as when we are strong.

Lesson 5 - The Importance of Encouragement

Geese flying in formation 'HONK' to encourage those up front to keep up with their speed.

Outcome

We need to make sure our honking is encouraging. In groups and teams where there is encouragement, production is much greater. 'Individual empowerment results from quality honking'

Go in peace my friends