Out in the open (Redkipp's home thread)

Moderator: Community Team

Redkipp

Out in the open (Redkipp's home thread)

Post by Redkipp »

Living in the father's tent offered only a little more dignity than in a temple like some homeless charity case (who, in fact, he was) and most likely, barely the half of protection from cold. Still, Redkipp was a frigging land owner now, and that simply does not go together with "homeless". No. Way.
Redkipp was way too short for setting up his "home", and knew too little about magic to help himself with it. Still, he somehow managed to figure it out, and make the tent stable. Relatively.
On the inside the tent was... different. Regkipp couldn't tell if it was bigger, because tent was quite big on the outside too. But some extra holes seemingly in need of patching simply didn't exist from the inside point of view. There was a nice fireplace, too. With some leftover embers, like somebody just left and didn't return yet.
Redkipp added some fuel and sat by the fire. The father is dead, his friend is nowhere to be found and the box of sister's heritage is burning his pockets. Seems like a time to head back to the village. But he couldn't shake the feeling he wasn't done here...
Redkipp

Re: Out in the open (Redkipp's home thread)

Post by Redkipp »

Bone wards scattered all over the place weren't imbued with powerful curses. In fact, most of them were just decorations... But potential thieves didn't need to know that. So despite having almost no magic in them, the wards provided decent defense. The downside was that he had to pay really high to get someone to tend to his field.
Having hauled another cow corpse to his sinister looking workplace, half-goblin found out that all the butcher knives are broken. Redkipp uttered a profanity under his breath and departed to send a letter to one of local blacksmiths.
Redkipp

Re: Out in the open (Redkipp's home thread)

Post by Redkipp »

A year had passed since Redkipp came to Bravia... That fact would have slipped past the half-goblin if not for the pouch of coins left nearby his tent. The pouch came with piece of parchment with congratulations.
— Oh my... I've been gone for a year...
He had perfectly good excuse. He was just getting hang of living in Bravia, and the mayoral race complicated things... He was participating, more so, he was winning! No wonder he forgot about his home village.
— Well, the shaman said there's Layline Portal somewhere, but I couldn't find it. I could use the power to have someone find it for me. Totally haven't forgotten about big sis and aunty in the swamps...