Spring Festival and Ball

Moderator: Community Team

Tuvoria

Re: Spring Festival and Ball

Post by Tuvoria »

Tuvoria could not take his eyes off of his bride. He thought about all that they had gone through with the battles in Widu, the pursuit and conflict with Darius and the Bloodclaws, and the journey into the unknown in search of her past. Too often they had come to the edge of loosing each other. The wound in his shoulder still on occassion reminded him of the costs there love has extolled. Despite all of this, he couldn't think of changing anything, even if he could. He was happiest when he was with her. He smiled as he sipped his wine and watched her drain the tankard of orange juice. He knew what it meant to her and he was glad that his old friend Merridoc was able to bring some from their old grove outside of Widu. Setting his goblet down, he took Wyllow's arm into his as they headed back to the dance floor.
"Who am I to tell you no? Besides I want you to be comfortable when you are ready to play. But on a personal level, I will take any chance I can to have my arms wrapped around you my love. What shall we dance this time?"
He looked from his wife's lovely eyes to the musicians he had brought in to get an idea, knowing Wyllow always sought to lovingly surprise him.

Thanks to Teide for the banner
Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

She beamed brightly, then laughed lightly. 'You jest! You know I have two left feet when it comes to dancing.' She teased him, she simply was not knowledgeable about dances at all. And if she let herself think about it too long, it could have been seen as a little sad that she had not had a proper upbringing. She was not a refined lady that she tried her best to portray at times. But it was fact that her tongue got her into more trouble than it was worth, so it was best that she had someone that could forgive her shortcomings, as she knew she had many. She shrugged at the musicians in a way to say choose what you think is best..., and they seemed to take the cue. 'How about we just let the music take us where it leads us.' She felt heady in his arms, as if she had sipped heavily from sweet wine.

She looked up at him as the dance started and wondered how love grew as it had for them. Their bond seemed stronger now than it ever had been. As the dance continued, she felt her cheeks warm, and hoped she wasn't making a spectacle of herself at how enamored she was of her beloved. After all, this was a celebration for all!

As the dance started its descent, she smiled again. 'I think a turn at the games tables and darts is finally in order.' She giggled, her brow quirked with a sense of competition brewing in the air. '...And, don't you dare go easy on me. I aim to hold my own.' She flashed him a grin that sent him a challenge before the dance came to it's end.
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

Tuvoria chuckled as Wyllow led him to the dance floor and tried to deflect what dance to do. He had forgotten her slight aversion to formal dances and being the center of attention. However, his love for her quickly led the way as he had prepared the musicians for such a moment. They began with a slow waltz in which Tuv started off by comically make a large, deep, flourishing bow, before placing his hands on Wyllow and leading her around the dance floor.

"I had this already planned my dear. Let us waltz about the room. When we are done, a game of darts would be great. Now if I was truly not going to take it easy on you, I would have set up an archery range. So I guess now I should tie one arm behind my back to make it fair?

Before she could respond, Tuv grabs a rose off a table, sticks it in his teeth, and then deeply dips Wyllow before presenting the rose to her.

"So do you wish to toss darts or axes my dear? Afterwards, why don't you rest or visit. I know she is here by herself and most musicians don't get a chance to dance. As such, I want to honor our guest Mryth with at least one dance.
"

Tuvoria then picks up a dagger and blindly tosses it at a target and smiles wryly as it strikes the bullseye.

""so I guess it's darts then, huh?"

Thanks to Teide for the banner
Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

Her smile widened as he bowed. He was so silly at times. She grinned at him. Of course he did! She shook her head slightly.. But not a moment later, she was floating around the room again. He was a good dancer, much better than she was, though, she knew he would never admit it.

I would love to play a game of darts. She agreed. It has been such a long time since playing a game. She quirked a brow at his comment of taking it easy on her.. But before she could respond, was dipped deeply back and upon righting, she then saw the rose. She almost swore he batted his eyelashes with the gesture, but wasn't sure. There was a twinkle in his eyes.. that of Jester. Oh my dear, it would have been delightful to try to best you.. She teased. And I would think you would need both to steady your hand. She nodded, agreeing with herself, but couldn't keep a straight face. A laugh burst forth from her chest. Many things she could give him a run for his money on, but probably not when it came to archery.

With their dance at an end, she clapped lightly in appreciation of the music.

She had a feeling that she was going to have her work cut out for her to win a game tonight though, he seemed in a very competitive mood. She nodded lightly, Darts it is. ...And after a little rest would be great, I think. she only gave a little smile now, one that tugged at the corner of her mouth. She hoped he didn't notice, but quickly continued. Oh Yes! I think that is a great idea. Her smile was genuine in this. It is right to appreciate those that do for others, and to let them know that they are valued.

For now though, she put on her game face. Concentration was going to be needed here... She couldn't have him besting her. ... Now, how does this work again?? She mock asked... She wondered if it would help her to imply that she couldn't remember how to play the game, but she over did it.. and it betrayed her.