Spring Festival and Ball

Moderator: Community Team

Nocturne

Re: Spring Festival and Ball

Post by Nocturne »

Nocturne laughs, "Even the sun shines on a pig's rear some days, mon ami (My friend). Not a shadow I'd care to be in, mind you, in case the pig decides to lighten its load." As Tuvoria heads off, Noct lays out the items and starts setting up for jousting and various contest, putting in a few apples for those who might want to bob for apples to complete their quests. He noted he might have to get something other than water for Eudoxia, because putting a naiad in her element and calling it challenging wouldn't be quite fair. Come to think of it, he hadn't felt the same energies at the lake recently, perhaps he would have to have a whisper with the shadows there to find what became of Doxie.

Opening a shadow, he hung a giant bullseye on it, nodding at the angle as the shadows started to spin it slowly, the various numbers and wheel rotating in set patterns over time. "Good job. That will gauge those with quick eyes. We could do archery contests that way too for moving targets." A soft whispered reply came into his mind, and he turned back to the main path, where he saw Myrth. "Of course, horses are great companions, and very loyal as well. " He paused as the cat began to play a flute, as that was just something that one didn't quite see everyday. And certainly a trick that Duke hadn't pulled out of his bag of tricks as far as he could remember off-head...but then, the banshees had been quite insistently loud recently. "Lovely talent there, I'll be back, my senses tell me an old woman returned," he said with a soft laugh.

Moving up along the path, the Nether Beats in mortal form would come across Aishe, his crimson eyes taking her in for a long moment, almost as if seeing a ghost. "Well, well, I don't know if I can say look what the cat dragged in, giving that she's playing a flute, but it would make quite the entertaining image, I'm sure. Long time no see, my dear. How have you been?"
Aishe
Location: OOC: On RL maternity leave. In retreat IG, checking forums occasionally. Available on discord.

Post by Aishe »

The hairs on her arm rose slightly, the uncanny feeling of being watched filling her body. Aishe knew the feeling all too well, and even moreso, the static across her skin was familiar. It was a sound giveaway to the watching. A creeping grin found its place on her lips, her gaze casting over her shoulder. I spy with my lil' eye... She turned to confirm her suspicions, her blue eyes meeting those of red. Her eyebrow quirked to his words, head turning to take in the sight mentioned. Why, Mister Shadowbourne, one ought to be offended by such a statement! Yet, I suppose, given such a talented cat, how could I be?

I do hear it is traditional to greet old friends with hugs instead of quips, you know. The grin grew as her head tilted, pondering how to answer the question. There had always been a blunt honesty between them in the past, whereas she may have kept her upbeat personality. I have been well enough, now that the monster is... Fully tucked away. When I got every ounce of blood lust back under control, Akos and I decided to take the children traveling, to give them a taste of how I was raised and their Romani heritage, verses living in our stagnant home here. It was a rather sudden decision, admittedly, yet since I have taken a break from my political career, I saw no need to make some big announcement about it. It was refreshing, getting such a change of scenery - just what we needed.

She paused, letting her icy eyes sweep over the area in admiration, We were ready to come home though, and home will always be Bravia City. While I enjoyed living in Cork because of the company, I... My heart is here. Besides, you, my friend, are far more fun to pester than my brother-in-law and far less grumpy. Most days.

The tease was upheld by her grinning, arms open for the hug she fully expected.
Aishe Ehsan Sanchari-Kuhlash | Married to Akos | Mother of Dynasties | Mum of 16
♛ Queen Mother of Fenia | The White Wolf | Senator of Bravia🍓
Kralisi Kaer of Boreens Durri Roma (BDR) ☾ Rani Ji Purrana
[Art | Historian ]
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

Tuv notices the new arrival and how she seems a bit uneasy. Hoping to make her feel a bit more comfortable he heads over to greet her.

As he gives a formal bow, he says " Well met me dear lady. Welcome to my humble abode. I am honored that you could join us for this gala. I am Tuvoria, but most of my friends call me Tuv. Please make yourself comfortable. We are all friends here as we must work together to keep our beloved city growing and moving in the right direction. Since Myrth has decided to grace us with her music, may I welcome you to things by having the pleasure of a dance until my wife is able to join things here?"

Thanks to Teide for the banner
Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

She sighed and glanced at herself in the mirror. She had been pulled back into the book she was currently reading, and she was now late as the time had quickly passed by when she only meant to read the one chapter. She was back to studying after they had taken some extended travel. Smoothing the dress, she wondered if the dress would be seen as too common. Again, she sighed. It had been such a very long time that she had participated in anything social.

Looking into the mirror, she pulled her hair back to decide if it should go up, back, or just flow down around her shoulders and back. Her main of hair had always been untamable. Tying it back, would only mean that it would escape by the end of the night. It was the curse of fine hair, yet there was much of it. Shaking her head, the hair fell back down out of her hand. Down it would remain. Turning, she found her soft leather slippers and slipped them on. No one would notice them under her gown.. she hoped, as they were all about comfort.. and she intended to enjoy herself.. maybe a dance or three.. The thought made her smile.. as in the distance she believed she heard music. It was time to head to the event..

Stepping out of the building, she was stunned at how fast things had come together. She smiled softly, moreso to herself. It was good to see so many people out and about. She scanned the horizon, trying to find her husband, but knew she would find him eventually, so she set off to the back fields not too incredibly concerned. She saw people she had seen in town, but didn't quite know, and a few others she did know. She smiled as she wandered around looking at all that was set up. Indeed, this was going to be an exceptional event!
Myrth

Post by Myrth »

Myrth noticed Nocturne's quizzical gaze. She'd gotten surprised looks in the past. Seemingly, few people are aware of the abilities of magickal cats. She paused in her playing and gave Nocturne a toothy grin, small fangs gleaming brightly in the sunlight. Then she resumed playing. Being neither a dancer nor a ranged weapons expert, she figured her musical talents were the best thing she could contribute to the festival.

https://instagram.com/p/BRGJSwij9v0/
Varann

Post by Varann »

wondering down the path varann noticed Nocturne and Myrth were there and waved to them feeling a little less nervous then before. being a visitor here xie didn't really know all that many people in Bravia City, but giving the fact that xie was some what reluctant to return home ever since xie got Eudoxia's letter, well xie thought xie might as well get to know some more people. it might even be the next place xie will choose to settle down...maybe.

that being said xie staid true to xer self and the only changes xie made to xer everyday clothing was the wearing of a set of rings, a signet ring being worn on xer middle finger and a pair of rings one xer left hand ring finger. so other then those xie looked quite normal, shirt, trousers, a plain bandanna covering xer third eye and the ever present bag slung across xer shoulder. even that braid of beads that xie wore in xer hair had remained unchanged.

looking around xie smiled, there was so little past here, which meant xie could enjoy what was to come in peace.
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

Noticing the new arrival whom he did not recognize, Tuv heads over to welcome her. "Greetings fellow creature. I don't believe I have had the pleasure of truly meeting you. I am Tuvoria Ralathondor. Most people just call me Tuv. Welcome to my humble abode and to the festivities here. Please feel free to enjoy all that we have here. Today we celebrate the coming spring and our unity as creatures united by the Mages in the common bonds of fellowship and as citizens working for the better of all. Please do come in." Having said that, Tuv gracefully bows, then turns and sneaks up behind Wyllow as he places his hands over her eyes, and gently kisses the back of her neck. "Greetings Wyl my love. You look radiant as always. Will you honor me by joining me for a dance as friend Myrth continues to play for us all?" As he says this he slowly brings his arms down until the are wrapped in a loving embrace around her waist as he pulls her gently closer to himself.

Thanks to Teide for the banner
Myrth

Post by Myrth »

Myrth smiled while continuing to play. She wished that someone had brought a drum, as fife and drum are easier to dance to than just the fife (flute). Her next tune had a more danceable rhythm, and she tapped her foot in time to the lively tune. She was pleased to see Tuv and Wyllow begin to dance. What is a spring festival, after all, without dancing or without love in the air?

She looked over the gathering crowd as she played and noted Aishe. She'd not met Aishe before and decided she would make time to talk to her during a break.
Nocturne

Post by Nocturne »

"Hugs instead of quips? What fun would that be, though?" His shimmering crimson orbs watched her frozen globes as they roamed the area. "I don't think there's ever been a monster that you worry about, my dear. Though if you'd like to see monstrosity, I suppose you're speaking to the right one, I don't exactly shy from that. Dway even arguably prefers that side of me to meet others..." He chuckled softly, and then listened as she continued her tale of her travels with her wife, pondering how the roads were for the children.

He smirked at her expectation of a hug before wrapping her in his arms lightly and whispering in her ear, "Others might dread doing that, knowing how close their neck would be to these jagged teeth, you know. Welcome back, my dear." Offering a wave to Varann at xer arrival, he would move as if to swing Aishe around to see xer, "Varann, have you met Aishe? Aishe, Varann. Voila, acquainted," he would say, releasing Aishe from his embrace.
Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

She feels his approach before he speaks. She smiles, closing her eyes lightly as his kiss falls gently. Turning in his arm, she opens her eyes looking up at him. He still makes her blush with his sweetness. Giving him a smile that is only reserved for him, she replies to his question. 'I would love to.' Raising up on her tiptoes, she brushes a quick kiss across his lips, daring not to linger, even though that is what is preferred. Being amongst many people, it would be hardly appropriate.

With a little reluctance she sets back on her heels, and puts her arm through his, indicating she was ready for him to lead the way. 'You have outdone yourself, my love.' She smiled, proud of him. 'How on earth did you ever do so, so quietly?' She teases him with a raised brow and a wink. He looked dashing as ever.. though he could wear rags, be covered from head to toe with mud.. and she would still hear hear heart beat wildly every time she looks upon him.

'The music is lovely, I must say. You will have to introduce me to this Myrth later.' She then says, as the music is indeed enjoyable and seems to set the tone of it all.