Aishe's Mayor Campaign [term of March '57]

Moderator: Community Team

Aishe
Location: OOC: On RL maternity leave. In retreat IG, checking forums occasionally. Available on discord.

Aishe's Mayor Campaign [term of March '57]

Post by Aishe »

Fellow Bravians!

We find ourselves at our monthly mayoral election. I have always been one to believe every creature ought to have a choice to whom they cast their vote for. That choice is the definition of our proud Republic.

I have recently returned home to Bravia City after some time away, for both personal and familial reasons. It's quite exciting to see new faces involved on both a town and Viceregal level. I have been on a political break, but I'm thrilled to say that break is over. Being involved in Bravian politics has always been a pride and joy for me; I have truly missed being involved in our beautiful home.

For those of you who may not know me, I do have an extensive career in Bravian politics:
  • Bravia City Mayor: Fifteen Terms
  • Bravia City Mentor: Four and a Half Terms
  • Bravia Town Council: Any Term I wasn't Mayor
  • Bravian Viceregal Council: Eight Terms
  • Vicerine of Bravia: Four Terms
Enough about me, though. Let's talk about the town and my goals!

1) MARKET -
While we have some diversity in our market for more odd or rare items, a lot of daily things are low or missing. This include basic food, field harvests, and basic workshop materials. In the past, one of my biggest accomplishments during Mayor terms was market stabilization and trade. While it requires a lot of work and time, it is one of the biggest influences of a town and can effect citizens' success or failure. It is also the greatest revenue for both the town and citizens. A dying market has a wide impact, making it all the more necessary to tend to.

2) TOWN COUNCIL -
To my knowledge, the Town Council is not active. Having an active Town Council is something I strongly stand by. A town can not be run by only a Mayor. The Mayor is the figurehead and does a lot of the hard work, but a Mayor can do nothing without the aid and support of the people. Town Council is something that ought to be open and available for any interested creature of our town. Together, they ought to handle things such as laws (additions and removals), festivities, citizen concerns, citizen ideas, and the like. It is the perfect opportunity for anyone wishing to be involved in something that is not overly time consuming as Viceregal Council or other positions in town, University, and Temple can be.

3) ACTIVITY -
The hardest and most elusive problem is always citizen [forum] activity. I would love to work with the Town Council and other willing citizens to bring activity back to Bravia with events, games, polls, get togethers, etc. Spring is coming up; it's the perfect opportunity to host a big Strawberry festival! Likewise, I have full intention of being a very active Mayor, which includes: frequent updates to the Town Hall's message board, the use of the Mayor office [forum], Town Council meetings, Mass Mails, steady communication with Paz and the Viceroyalty.

Presently, those are the three big goals I wish to focus on, should I get the chance to serve as your Mayor again.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, I would absolutely love to hear them. Feel free to post them here or you can send them to me privately. Thank you for your time and consideration!

- Aishe E. Sanchari -
Rani Purrana Ji
Lady 'Very Old Soul / Heart'
Aishe Ehsan Sanchari-Kuhlash | Married to Akos | Mother of Dynasties | Mum of 16
♛ Queen Mother of Fenia | The White Wolf | Senator of Bravia🍓
Kralisi Kaer of Boreens Durri Roma (BDR) ☾ Rani Ji Purrana
[Art | Historian ]