Market law

Moderator: Community Team

balerion

Market law

Post by balerion »

In light of the new Bravia market law I hereby contractually authorize any Bravian citizen to purchase any number of items I sell in perpetuity. There are no limits on how many items you can purchase from me. May your days be ever profitable.

Balerion Sunspear
Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear
Myrth

Re: Market law

Post by Myrth »

I am angry beyond words about this new law. :evil:
Aishe

Post by Aishe »

My darling Myrth, what we should be annoyed about is the fact Ophelia removed the very law she has been actively breaking her entire term, so that way she is "no longer abusing power". I had reported this abuse to the Public Prosecutor several days ago. I did it privately because I did not wish to make a big show of it, yet no action was and now she's removed the law completely.

While the mayor is able to remove or add any town laws at their leisure, I am greatly annoyed that she had been abusing power by town law, then goes and removes the law that states such after it is brought to her attention and that of the Public Prosecutor.

- Aishe E. Sanchari -
Aishe Ehsan Sanchari-Kuhlash | Married to Akos | Mother of Dynasties | Mum of 16
♛ Queen Mother of Fenia | The White Wolf | Senator of Bravia🍓
Kralisi Kaer of Boreens Durri Roma (BDR) ☾ Rani Ji Purrana
[ Art | Historian ]
Ophelia

Post by Ophelia »

Ambrosia wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:18 pm
Codex wrote:Laws of the Town of Bravia

Well. The laws were written by one Ambrosia in January of 1656. They had never been submitted, and since there wasn't any disagreement from town council over them. I did my job and forwarded them to the mages, as it should have been done for the past how many terms? I'm not above discussing the market laws, but please be advised that I didn't write the laws. The laws were already there. Perhaps, if Aishe hadn't vanished for years I presume, maybe she would have known this.

So how about you get your facts straight, and leave my name out of your mouth. I'll be in contact, Myrth.

Cheers.
Varann

Post by Varann »

no offense intended here but these rules were written over a year ago so do you not think that they should have been reviewed by the town council before going to the Mages for approval. after all the needs back then are not necessarily whats needed now. there may have been good reasons why they weren't implemented in the subsequent mayoral terms.
Ophelia

Post by Ophelia »

They were reviewed by town council with no complaints.
Amaelianna

Post by Amaelianna »

Aishe wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:55 pm My darling Myrth, what we should be annoyed about is the fact Ophelia removed the very law she has been actively breaking her entire term, so that way she is "no longer abusing power". I had reported this abuse to the Public Prosecutor several days ago. I did it privately because I did not wish to make a big show of it, yet no action was and now she's removed the law completely.

While the mayor is able to remove or add any town laws at their leisure, I am greatly annoyed that she had been abusing power by town law, then goes and removes the law that states such after it is brought to her attention and that of the Public Prosecutor.

- Aishe E. Sanchari -
Yes, no action was taken. I have been around Bravia for the last two years, both as a citizen and serving on council. While multiple offices were being held, there was no abuse of power. Due to the apathy of her citizens, it had become necessary for the mayor, as well as the ones who came before her, to hold multiple offices and positions.

You may have once been a role in the past, but I have never even heard your name in my time within the Viceroyalty. I do not see why a proven leader should have to step down because you had chosen to leave your residence years ago, and suddenly decided to move back, expecting some kind of fan fare. You had put in a request of the council for assistance to move back within the sanctuary of our walls.

Now, when you have evidence that power is actually being abused, feel free to bring that to my attention. Until such time, Madam, your disposition and eagerness to bring undue charges has been noted.

Good Day.
Nocturne

Post by Nocturne »

So, far be it for me to step out of character (Not actual OOC mind you) and be the voice of reason, but let's all take a breath. We're all citizens of Bravia, ironically except the one who started the thread, and yet this was where things exploded. I think all of you who are interested in such should request a position on town council. Frankly, that's what the council is for - positions where people who are active and want to better the town could be working together for the better state of our fair city. Now...that said, who's up for some strawberry shortcake? It's really quite delicious, non?
Aishe

Post by Aishe »

Since I have returned to Bravia, I have been trying to get involved. I have offered my services as a citizen for Town Council. I have offered my services as an experienced Mentor. And now I am running as Mayor so it isn't another one of those "one candidate, no choice" elections (not that many have voted, which is disappointing). Since I have been home, I have been trying to help the town however I can - even running to Paz to retrieve things I and some other active citizens needed. Every letter, every attempt to be directly involved, has been completely ignored from our current Mayor. No responses. Not from my mail trying to get to know her, to politics, to my mails about business.

I realize I have been gone a while for personal and familial reasons, but it does not make Bravia City any less my home, just as it is yours. I spent years of hard work here, both on a town and Viceregal level and remain ever dedicated, despite time gone by. I filed a compliant about abuse of power out of genuine concern from what I can see in this outside position I've been kept in since I've been home. Perhaps if my mails had been answered, I would know Ophelia is not just someone using and manipulating her position as Mayor and Mentor of the town. I wanted to get to know her because she's an active citizen and I wanted to genuinely help out. With unanswered letters and trying to look through a keyhole to understand what's actually going on, it was not looking like a good situation where I was standing.

You can be angry at me if you'd like. You can hold it against me forever. Yet, the one thing I will always do is act in the best interest of Bravia City and the Viceroyalty of Bravia. That is exactly what I did and I would do it again. That was a law that I had upheld for a long time out of the betterment of our creatures, to be able to hold anyone accountable that tried to betray our town.

Next time, perhaps you should both learn to reply to letters so that everyone can be on the same page before things are made nasty in public eye. Furthermore, while it is not against the law, I would say it's poor taste to use the mass mailing services as a way to promote yourself in an election. You didn't even bother to put up a candidate message nor start any sort of discussion for people to get involved in, but decided to sneak in a "Vote for me!" in the beginning of one of your latest mass mails. Promote the election, not the candidates. There's a difference.

I do not intend on going anywhere, so I'd rather get along because we are all on the same team. Bravia City and the Viceroyalty of Bravia is my home just as it is yours.

Consider the matter dropped.

- Aishe E. Sanchari -
Aishe Ehsan Sanchari-Kuhlash | Married to Akos | Mother of Dynasties | Mum of 16
♛ Queen Mother of Fenia | The White Wolf | Senator of Bravia🍓
Kralisi Kaer of Boreens Durri Roma (BDR) ☾ Rani Ji Purrana
[ Art | Historian ]
balerion

Post by balerion »

Balerion blinks. Then chuckles. Ladies, no need to fight. I'm sure I can find enough trinkets for all of you. Do you prefer necklaces of gold or silver?
Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear