Split - OOC Advisory Thread

Moderator: Community Team

Duke_of_Earl

Re: **Advisory- Per Vicerine Varann**

Post by Duke_of_Earl »

Posted on a wall
I think folk may be reading too much overall into the action of 'dying in office'.
It happens sometimes; to anyone/everyone. I've done it at least twice, Aida has, Jandar, Alex, and others.
It does not necessarily say anything about the moral character of an individual to have died for a time while in office.
Sometimes things just happen in the realms beyond which interfere with a souls ability to keep griped onto this world.
NAME, RACE, -banner by Aida
Scarlet

Post by Scarlet »

Posted next to the Cat's Message
There is a difference between dying in office once or twice and dying in office or ignoring your office habitually every time you are elected. I understand your sentiment, however, you don't understand the history.
Duke_of_Earl

Post by Duke_of_Earl »

Myrth wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:10 pm
Scarlet wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:01 pm Posted next to the Cat's Message
There is a difference between dying in office once or twice and dying in office or ignoring your office habitually every time you are elected. I understand your sentiment, however, you don't understand the history.
Indeed.
Fair enough.
Myrth wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:10 pmOphelia, had she actually wanted to commit treason, would have flipped Bravia City independent and then turned it to another VR. Instead, she began running it like an appropriate Bravia's mayor. What she did was NOT treason and did not deserve the over the top response from the VR. But they were hellbent on vengeance, consequences aside. She saved Bravia City from an historically incompetent politician, but the powers-that-be treated her like the greatest threat that ever befell Bravia City.
Reply:
► Show Spoiler
Had the powers-that-be in Bravia VR not done what they did in response, I am quite sure that she would not have fled Bravia to save her life.
<<Perhaps.
But I have a feeling Destiny may be playing a part in the unfolding of these events.
Mysts and Shadows are moving now. The winds of fate and time have begun to blow in the ancient places. "The butterfly has flapped its wings".
Ophelia seems to have made a wish.
A real one. A deep one. A true one. A powerful one.
Forces are aligning now to grant or block this wish.
The consequences may not be what she expected, they never are with a wish.
But I think the road may bring her to a far greater reward than merely the ability to ensure fiscal reports are filed in a timely fashion.
I only hope she does not (continue? to) think she must first default to the use of force in service to her wish. >>
Myrth wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:10 pmBut attacking her at the same time:

1) by a duel to the death
2) AND an army attack
3) AND switching prosecutors to someone who, at a minimum, wanted to be able to prosecute Ophelia for underselling her (the new prosecutor) on the market
4) AND charging her with treason ...

the outcome is that Bravia gave Ophelia no choice but to flee for her life.
Reply:
► Show Spoiler
Myrth wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:10 pmI am surprised that I would ever say this, but thank you, Rieron! Much was made of Rieron's attack. But he did NOT attack town hall, which he could have. Instead he attacked the army that had attacked Ophelia. And, he aided her escape from the mob. He could have single-handedly taken Bravia's town hall. He could have single-handedly flipped it, taken it over. But he didn't. He just saved Ophelia and helped her. I was surprised by that, pleasantly. So, from the bottom of my heart, thank you.
► Show Spoiler
Myrth wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:10 pmThere is a saying where I am from, that what a creature does comes back on them threefold. Bravia drove off one of its most dedicated citizens this week, one of its most powerful. Why? It seems the letter of the law means more than actual justice. And so they drove off one who, in another time, might have been there to defend the city, the VR. So much for far thinking military defense.
The letter of the law is meant to define justice. Her 'usefulness' does not give her the right to revoke democracy IN a democracy. The problem with democracy is that yes indeed, sometimes injustice is what people vote for; sometimes out of ignorance or naivete; but even so, one must bear the consequences of a free election if that is the system one lives under; the system that Bravia is. Alternatively, one can trade those consequences away and accept the consequences of a Feudal Absolute Monarchy or a Theocratic Constitutional/Parliamentary? Monarchy; which each have their own pro's and cons. But one does have to move there, not try to turn Bravia into one.
What really makes me shake my head, is that in private, at least one Bravian involved in this gross over-reaction has previously tried to talk ME into joining a rebellion against the Bravia VR. The complete hypocrisy of that makes me ill. And, it disappoints me, deeply, heartbreakingly.
<<Yes. Corruption is another problem with politics. This one is not specific to democracy mind, just politics; across the board.>>
Last edited by Duke_of_Earl on Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Calysta

Post by Calysta »

OOC:

Really did not want to comment in this thread, but Duke those videos you posted have nothing to do with Rieron. Is Rieron a killer? Yes. The similarities end there. The Slitheen in the clip is a killer, but it is noted in the clip that Dr. Who is a killer too. Rieron is neither like the Slitheen nor like the Doctor. The Slitheen is begging for the Doctor to spare her life. Have you ever seen Rieron grovel? He doesn't. And unlike the Doctor, have you ever seen Rieron spare an enemy and let it come bak to bite him? Your video seems to indicate that Rieron just let Ophelia go for some mundane reason like maybe she smiled. Rieron didn't let her go though. She wasn't ever a target.

IC: Calysta reads her daily reports. Bravia is in the stack too. She makes sure to keep up with what's going on.
Katie

Post by Katie »

Duke_of_Earl wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:50 am Posted on a wall
I think folk may be reading too much overall into the action of 'dying in office'.
It happens sometimes; to anyone/everyone. I've done it at least twice, Aida has, Jandar, Alex, and others.
It does not necessarily say anything about the moral character of an individual to have died for a time while in office.
Sometimes things just happen in the realms beyond which interfere with a souls ability to keep griped onto this world.
Aishe did NOT die in office. She was in office for only a day or two at most.
banner by Aida j'Otun
Scarlet

Post by Scarlet »

He was referring to the references of her dying in the past. Please keep up dear.
Duke_of_Earl

Post by Duke_of_Earl »

Katie wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:09 amHere are the facts as I know it as to what occurred and this is not to dispute anyone, but to say specifically I am standing by this with any and all creatures...
Reply:
► Show Spoiler
Calysta wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:28 am OOC:

Reply:
► Show Spoiler
Katie wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:34 am Aishe did NOT die in office. She was in office for only a day or two at most.
That was a reply to the criticism that she somehow didn't deserve to hold an office because of previously dying while in an office at other times in the past. I was saying this wasn't necessarily a reason not to give someone the benefit of the doubt. The past in the past.
Calysta

Post by Calysta »

Ooc
Duke_of_Earl wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:05 pm
2) Aishe ran for mayor during the Winter and Ophelia ran against her .
Ophelia used her mayoral position to send out letters requesting for people to vote for her.
Ophelia won.

Hmmmm. IMHO, this would indeed count as an abuse of power unless she also offered Aishe to submit a campaign letter to be likewise disseminated via the mail system. If shared, mass mail is actually a good way for candidates to reach an audience. At least it was not a militant response though.

Unless there is a specific law against this, I don't see how you would call it abuse of power. IRL politicians can send out letters too. It's called franking privilege. Not only that, but Aishe could take the time to write every single person individually, so it isn't a disadvantage. It doesn't take long. I have done it myself.

As for your theories on Rieron, I'll let him speak for himself.
*typo
Last edited by Calysta on Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
balerion

Post by balerion »

***It is illegal for real life politicians to use tax funded resources for their own campaigns. Try again.
Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear
Calysta

Post by Calysta »

balerion wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:22 pm ***It is illegal for real life politicians to use tax funded resources for their own campaigns. Try again.
Just because it is in USA 21st century doesn't mean it always has been.

And Noct, I have no desire to speak here IC. Unfortunately, there isn't an ooc topic for this, but if you like I will add 1 IC sentence.

IC: Calysta put down the report on Bravia and shook her head.