Split - OOC Advisory Thread

Moderator: Community Team

Nocturne

Re: **Advisory- Per Vicerine Varann**

Post by Nocturne »

Calysta wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:29 pm And Noct, I have no desire to speak here IC. Unfortunately, there isn't an ooc topic for this, but if you like I will add 1 IC sentence.

IC: Calysta put down the report on Bravia and shook her head.
OOC: It's more a request for the OOC off-topic things to either find an OOC thread to speak on, or thin out the bickering going on in them. Thank you.
Last edited by Nocturne on Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duke_of_Earl

Post by Duke_of_Earl »

Calysta wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:19 pm Unless there is a specific law against this, I don't see how you would call it abuse of power. IRL politicians can send out letters too. It's called fracking privilege. Not only that, but Aishe could take the time to write every single person individually, so it isn't a disadvantage. It doesn't take long. I have done it myself.
I don't know whether or not Bravia has fracking privilege.
If I were campaigning in a democracy for mayor while already mayor though, I would either not use the mass mail system (which is paid for by the town) and just write everyone myself too, or I'd list the campaign letters for each candidate in a mass mail letter, or I'd write a generic mass mail letter just reminding people to come out and vote at all, cause that's why they live in a democracy.
NAME, RACE, -banner by Aida
Katie

Post by Katie »

Scarlet wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:34 pm He was referring to the references of her dying in the past. Please keep up dear.
You should keep up for I was not speaking about anything except one simple point on this matter... From my perspective she was alive while she was in office. Honestly, you don't get very much straight where I am concerned.
banner by Aida j'Otun
Calysta

Post by Calysta »

OOC:
Duke_of_Earl wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:31 pm
Calysta wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:19 pm Unless there is a specific law against this, I don't see how you would call it abuse of power. IRL politicians can send out letters too. It's called fracking privilege. Not only that, but Aishe could take the time to write every single person individually, so it isn't a disadvantage. It doesn't take long. I have done it myself.
I don't know whether or not Bravia has fracking privilege.
If I were campaigning in a democracy for mayor while already mayor though, I would either not use the mass mail system (which is paid for by the town) and just write everyone myself too, or I'd list the campaign letters for each candidate in a mass mail letter, or I'd write a generic mass mail letter just reminding people to come out and vote at all, cause that's why they live in a democracy.
It's franking privilege. Was auto-corrected to fracking lol. Though a fracking privilege would be good. I could make lots of money off black gold. Who wants some?

Nocturne, I understand, it is just that some posts have OOC/IC mix, so at this point it'd be hard to split the thread. :/

IC: Calysta hears her other brother Karcier has now gone to Bravia as well - This time to make a speech. She hopes he at least made a good one.
Rieron

Post by Rieron »

((OOC: Rieron is a mystery to all who aren't in his family, and chances are that will never change. Its a good thing! Every great story has a protagonist and an antagonist, and finding out who fits where is part of the fun. The hero to some might be the villain to others and vice versa. Rieron is a Warhammer Druchii. I try to keep him as authentic as possible while respecting the rules of SF. The rest will keep evolving as we keep playing the game ;) ))
~Mated to Scarlet~ |Father to Ryker, Narezza, and Aeron| Master Sorcerer, Sargent, and Priest of Cork ~Drachau of Tsera Fuerte~ "Pain is erased when inflicted upon others."
Gorm

Post by Gorm »

I'm locking this thread to give a little time to let people calm down and also for review of all the OOC {Out of Character} posts that need to be split off. Remember everyone this entire section of the forum is IC {In Character} only.
Amaryllis

Re: Split - OOC Advisory Thread

Post by Amaryllis »

Thread Split and posts moved.

There is one other warning that I will place here. No one else has the right to state whether or not someone else is dead (Reference of their PLAYER page) unless -THAT- Player agrees that they were dead. This is absolutely different from playing an a character such as a Zombie, Vampire or numerous other animated creatures without a pulse or whatnot. To do this, is IC and OOC blending, which is against our Code of Conduct.

Those of you that have had posts edited to get them in compliance, please look for a PM from me in the near future.
If anyone feels that their post IS in character, please refer to the above portion of this post, BEFORE contacting me to plead your case to have your post returned to the thread.

If you would like to edit your post, to remove the OOC to have your post rejoin the other thread, edit your post, and PM me to have it moved back.

If you are referencing someone dying in office, then you are blending OOC if you are talking about their Character Page showing that the person was dead. Remember, you may -Think- someone is dead, and must use words accordingly to make sure you are staying IN CHARACTER in the RP areas. Words like.. Believed, Seemed, Seemingly etc. implies that you 'thought' they may be dead. It does not state as a fact. Only the Player of the Character, can say for not if they 100% -were- dead.

RP is a two way street. When you state an act or action, the other person can either accept or confirm your statement, but it is up to them,
not you, to confirm or deny an action against someone else.

She was dead. - Not allowed. (unless there is an agreement) This is considered God Modding.
I was sure she was dead. OR I glimpsed through the window, and she looked like she was dead. - Allowed. This lets the player of the person you speak of to have the choice of responding to being either dead or not dead.

This thread will remain Locked.