(ORP) Morjiana's Vardo

Moderator: Community Team

Alexandria

Re: (ORP) Morjiana's Vardo

Post by Alexandria »

Alex brow arched as she said she had a visitor..... Then she saw who it was. Barely holding her emotions she screamed his name. "GRAY!" Then dived at her husband. When she heard Sybil saying something about getting a grip woman, that she was in public... just as the door close. Alex didn't listen to Sybil this time as she kissed her husband then took a seat next to him letting relief washed over her.

She looked at the woman then at Grayson with a silly smile still on her face she punched her husband on the arm. "That's for making me worry." She took several breaths then punched Grayson again.... "be glad it isn't a bow and arrow you." Then she giggled lightly.

"Are you a mind reader then?"Alex heard her ask earlier. She gave that question some thought before she answered. "You know I never looked at it that way. My Grandfather had always called me empathic but it seem to have grown some and he's no longer with me to ask if this is normal. It’s not like I can walk up to someone and read what they are thinking. I”ve always had to touch someone first but as I grew it became more. I would get a flood of images and emotions if someone was in a very emotional state but that was only some time. I still need to be touched. but if I'm not careful I can get a flood of emotions when I in a crowded market or room." She smiled realizing maybe she talking too much but that's never stop her from talking. "I’m more the odd person in my family. I’m the only redhead… and the only empath ever born." She smiled then fell silent.

Sighing she realize she was overly talking she gave the woman a smile. "You know my name and a little about me but I still didn't get your name other that what's on the leaflet. Let me be the second to welcome you to Bravia. I do hope your going to stay."
♥ Split Personality ♥ Sorceress ♥ Priestess ♥ Little Phoenix ♥ All Magick ♥ You be mixed up too ♥
Morjiana

Post by Morjiana »

Morjiana finished pouring tea as the red head enthusiastically greeted her husband, smoothly moving cups from her path and restoring them to their position when the titian whirlwind seemed to have settled. She settled into her chair with an unselfconscious stateliness learned from many years of cowing gaje into the proper respect for her abilities, and inclined her head to Alexandria with a small smile. "I'm Morjiana Sanchari. Many thanks for your welcome. I also hope that I will stay," she said lightly as she poured her own cup of tea. It seemed unlikely, given that her home was designed for travel and she'd never stayed anywhere else, but anything was possible. And Morjiana was tired, down to her bones, and felt as if she needed something to change. For other creatures, perhaps that would have meant a move. Or a hair cut. For Morjiana, her hair was already short and she'd moved all her life in her little wagon. Staying somewhere might be just what she needed.

She turned her attention back to the woman. "Grayson suggested that you might like a reading also," Morjiana said.
~ Morjiana Sanchari of Chere ~ Seer, Busybody, Matriarch ~
Alexandria

Post by Alexandria »

A reading, Alexandria repeated. "What does, or how does this reading going," she asked while giving them both a look of confusion. She trusted her hubby completed so she didn’t wait for either of them to answer. "Sure! Let's do this reading. What's the worse things that could happen?" She gave a smile but not before saying,“don’t answer that.”
♥ Split Personality ♥ Sorceress ♥ Priestess ♥ Little Phoenix ♥ All Magick ♥ You be mixed up too ♥
Redkipp

Post by Redkipp »

(Would it be considered rude if I'd join this RP now? Also, sorry for this post, I don't know where I should've asked... )
Alexandria

Post by Alexandria »

No ... it's an open RP anyone can join. Just knock on her door and she will answer.
Redkipp

Post by Redkipp »

Redkipp hated relying on rumors. But going to the University would probably cost him two times everything he had, so traveling wizards were his only choice. Half-goblin counted his money again. That should be enough for the service he wanted... Provided that "sorceress" was desperate for money and actually had enough insight into the workings of magic.
-- I hope those peasants didn't mistake somebody mildly unusual for a witch again. That'd be so embarrassing... -- Redkipp muttered as he knocked on the door of the vagon.
Redkipp

Post by Redkipp »

(Sorry, accidentally double-posted. Will delete this as soon as I figure out how to do that)
Morjiana

Post by Morjiana »

Morjiana began to shuffle the cards once more, letting her focus soften as she felt for the shape and weight and tone of this new woman's aura. "It's very simple," she said as she laid the cards in front of Alexandria. "Shuffle the cards however you like. When you are ready, lay them down and I'll-"

She gave the door a suspicious look as another knock sounded and bit back the urge to grumble about how she'd thought this would be a quiet place. "Excuse me," she said to Alexandria and Grayson as she rose to answer the door. "Do continue," she directed Alexandria as she sidled around the girl.

Morjiana opened the door to find the sort of creature she had never expected to seek her out. Her eyebrows shot up in surprise, though she quickly schooled them back to their more ordinary position. After a brief pause in which she again bit back the urge to say things that she suspected would only lead to trouble, she managed to offer the goblin as innocuous a greeting as she was capable of. "Hello. Is there something you need?"

(OOC: Apologies, I'm wildly slow these days. Census has been high at work all winter and it's stealing my RP mojo. Prod me if you're looking for a response faster than I seem to be producing them.)
Morjiana

Post by Morjiana »

The visitors came and went, some pleased by their fortunes, some not so. They all paid. The days passed and Morjiana found herself settled in one place in a way that she had never expected. More unexpectedly, she found she enjoyed it. Her neighbors now took the place of the kin of her husband, with whom she had traveled most of her life. Most of her neighbors were at enough of a distance to allow her some peace and privacy. An odd squirrel took up residence in the tree above her vardo's front door, and that was disturbing. Particularly disturbing was his speech and the small flying machine he favored initially, but Morjiana grew used to the one, and the machine the squirrel finally traded in for a quieter hobby.

Time passed, usually quietly, sometimes not. Then one day, she found her tongue bound when she awoke, unable to form a single word. She wrote a hurried letter to the castle,resigning her position, and buried herself in study to find a way to reverse whatever spell had been cast on her.

Wordlessness was far more fearsome than anything else she had encountered so far.

(OOC: The above is a flashback to approximately October 1658. I'll be working here to bring Morji's RP up to date. If you'd like to have a reading or otherwise interact with Morji in the meanwhile, please contact me privately to set it up outside this thread.)