(ORP) Morjiana's Vardo

Moderator: Community Team

Grayson

Re: (ORP) Morjiana's Vardo

Post by Grayson »

Grayson carefully took up the deck, having never seen one he slowly started shuffling through them and looking at them as he did. As he looked through them he began to wonder and gently yet quietly spoke. Well for starters I have been looking for my family who I am or What I am. I knew my mother briefly before she passed on and was taken in by the orphanage, he cringed a bit at the thought, That was many a year ago now it seems! Once I left the Orphanage and found some one I cared about I started to have visions and such and then one day, he shuffled the cards once more and laid them back down on the table. He then pulled up his sleeves and showed the runic tattoos, These appeared on my body, they run all over it and when I married my love a set formed on her after our joining. So I have been off looking and searching my family. I have learned that I am descended from a family of storm giants, but have yet to learn much more, and I am now wondering how and will a child of our union come to be? He smiled a minute as he thought of Alex, My wife is a very beautiful and caring person, he smiled a bit more, though she does have the tendency for getting us into trouble at times and shooting me with arrows, well that was only once! He chuckled and slid his sleeves back down. He looked at Morjiana and smiled waiting to see what she would do.
Morjiana

Post by Morjiana »

Morjiana took the cards back and shuffled them once herself, silently raising an eyebrow at the remark about arrows but saying nothing. This creature was clearly happy in his marriage, and it took no Sight to know it. If being shot was part of his happiness, that was entirely his business. Privately, she thought it a bit odd, until she realized that if her own husband were to walk in the door now, she'd probably shoot him as well. Of course, that wasn't out of love, and this creature did seem love struck. Marriage would always remain a mystery, Morjiana decided as she carefully laid out the first card.

"The Tower," she said softly as she revealed the image of a tall, stone tower being struck by lightning. "This represents your past. It indicates a break, a disruption. For you, I sense that this is a diversion from the path you were born to journey." Dread began to build in her as she read. She could not deny the cards their truth without paying a steep price, but this was not an auspicious start to the reading, and it was very hard to put a positive spin on things with this first card.

Morjiana held her breath as she revealed the second card, and relaxed a bit when she saw it. "The knight of pentacles. This represents you, and speaks of your growth to become a creature of worth. Your virtue comes of both innate ability and hard work, and is the more powerful for it."

"The Queen of Cups," Morjiana said, with her eyebrow shooting up again. It was an unusual card to see in this position. The Queen's hair had changed from its usual blond to a coppery red, but with this deck, that was less unusual. It did make Morjiana believe that this card in this position was of particular importance. "This is your present. It symbolizes warmth and love, charity for those in distress and generosity of spirit."

She nearly held her breath again as she revealed the final card. For all the years she'd used this deck, it still surprised her at times, and it seemed to like to save its surprises for the final card. AT first it was pure black, as if the deck could not read whatever lay in this creature's future. It flickered, like distant lightning on a summer night, and slowly revealed a man, woman and child adrift at sea as the sky flamed over them. The card was Judgment, but the woman it depicted was the red head pictured in the Queen of Cups again, and the man was clearly the creature in front of her, down to the details of the tattoos. The child was shrouded in shadow and faceless, cradled against the woman's breast. "Judgment," Morjiana said with an effort to keep her tone light. "This is your future. A hidden knowledge will become clear to you, and upon that hinges the question of children with your wife. "Resolve it well, and I'm certain there will be children," she said brightly as she quickly tidied the cards away, lest they decide to contradict her.
~ Morjiana Sanchari of Chere ~ Seer, Busybody, Matriarch ~
Alexandria

Post by Alexandria »

As they walked through the town Alex worked on keep her empathic under control. Some days were easier than others. But days like today when her mind is on Grayson she found it hard to do. Especially since she was trying everything to reach out to him.

Passing the market she looked at Sybil, “what do you say to getting somethings for dinner before heading on to the Vardo.” Sybil yawned then stared at her. “Ok I’m stalling, so what we have time.” Sybil started licking her paw as if she was ignoring Alex. “UGH! Crazy cat maybe we should cook you for dinner.”

Alex kept going, “Vardo it is but if it doesn’t get us anywhere I will not talk to you for a week” If cats could laugh then Sybil was doing just that as she past Alex. “I should be just around the corner there.” Sybil looked back at her making Alex roll her eyes. "I said after we get there not now. Now I can drive you nuts. That is until we get there. I can’t be know your more that a cat now can I," she ask Sybil as they got closer to teh Vardo.
♥ Split Personality ♥ Sorceress ♥ Priestess ♥ Little Phoenix ♥ All Magick ♥ You be mixed up too ♥
Grayson

Post by Grayson »

Grayson listened as Morjiana read the cards, he also watched her face and the looks she let cross her face here and there. His past, present and future according to what he was hearing seemed to be good. His past was definitely broken, he thought briefly of his mother and then cringed again at thoughts of the orphanage. He smiled then as he thought of Alex, then it hit him a bit, The red head in those cards looked a bit like Alex! He wondered at that and looked at Morjiana. Is it possible? he seemed a bit confused. Could it be my Alex that appeared in the cards?
Morjiana

Post by Morjiana »

"These are special," Morjiana replied as she fondly wrapped the cards in velvet and returned them to their box. "They change as needed, and always reveal truth. The mage who made them was very skilled, and he assured me there is no other deck like them. They may well show you creatures you know, or will know. It seemed to me as if the last card showed your image," she said with a questioning tone, curious that Grayson seemed to have missed the resemblance. "Unless perhaps there is another creature with a similar appearance who it might be? Perhaps a brother?"
Alexandria

Post by Alexandria »

Alex and Sybil did not talk much as they made their way to the Vardo. " You know I've been wondering what a Vardo is,” she said to Sybil. Who was a few steps ahead of her. They rounded the last corner as she spotted something that looked like a house on wheels. All of a sudden Alex had memory flashes of playing in something similar. With a woman that wasn’t her mother but was talking to her mother. A shiver crawled down her spine making her shiver as if she were cold. Sometimes I do not like being an empathic she thought out loud.”

“I know,” Sybil replied making Alex crumpled her nose at Sybil.”Be careful you never know who’s around or listening.” Alex step up the steps, knocked on the small door then step back down on the ground. At this point I will try anything. Again she said to herself out loud.
♥ Split Personality ♥ Sorceress ♥ Priestess ♥ Little Phoenix ♥ All Magick ♥ You be mixed up too ♥
Grayson

Post by Grayson »

With a mused look on his face Grayson said, Yeah I noticed the semblance to myself. He thought a few moments on what had transpired and what was to come. He thought again of Alex and wondered where she was and how she was doing, he was do home soon and knew that she would be missing him. I think it would be neat to see what Alex came up with in a reading as well!
Morjiana

Post by Morjiana »

Morjiana frowned slightly at the knock on the door as Grayson spoke. It seemed as if he was content with his reading, so that was good, but it was a bit odd to have another visitor so soon. Perhaps this town was a good place to set up shop, she mused. She'd thought she was a bit out of the way here, but she seemed to be having no trouble drawing in creatures in search of guidance.

"With your permission," she said as she sidled around his bulk in the small chair to open the door to a red head and a cat. The red head was impossible to mistake, as her image had just been clearly represented in Grayson's reading. The cat had an odd aura, but Morjiana paid it no mind. Cats were good for catching mice and raiding the larder, and not much else so far as she was concerned. "You must be Alexandria," she said wryly as she awkwardly stepped aside to invite the woman in to the small space of the vardo's interior.
Alexandria

Post by Alexandria »

Alexandria brow arched, "how did you know that?" She asked but in the back of her mind she wondered if someone was talking about her. Was this … no... it couldn’t be a trap, no one new she was coming. Was she a mind reader? "I doubt that," Sybil said in Alex mind. "Stop that!... I’m trying to keep my empathic quiet for a bit. I don’t want a headache with too many people in my head other than me." That is why her love for Grayson was strong she had to get to know him…. She couldn’t read any of his thoughts… and now she realize she couldn’t read any of this woman thoughts either. Fascinating!

Alex smiled at the woman, "yes I’m Alexandria but most just call me Alex. Sorry if I don’t shake hands. The images I tend to get can give me a headache if not make me sick if they are more that I can handle." Alex moved closer, "I guessing you can't read minds... or can you" she ask with a giggle. "Is that how you knew my name?" Alex looked at her and smiled bigger... "I was wondering if you can help me find my missing husband. I’ve tried everything. He seems to be good at hiding even from the living and the dead." She said with a big smile.
Morjiana

Post by Morjiana »

"I don't read minds," Morjiana said with a curious glance at the other woman, surmising that this Alex must have the ability. "However I do have another visitor." She gestured to Grayson as she stepped out of the doorway to pull up a stool for her new guest. She set the stool next to Grayson and drew Alex in to the vardo, shutting the door firmly in the cat's face.

"Are you a mind reader then?" Morjiana asked as she took the tea pot off the small stove in the corner and laid out tin cups for her visitors.