(ORP) Morjiana's Vardo

Moderator: Community Team

Morjiana

(ORP) Morjiana's Vardo

Post by Morjiana »

It was long and long ago that Morjiana's wagon became hers, the day that she married when she was barely more than a child. The marriage had not lasted, but the vardo had. Her husband proved to be a worthless sort, dying before he could even get her a child, but the wagon had lasted her many miles and years, and now she loved it with a depth and devotion her husband would not have recognized as being part of her. She'd traveled with his family for many a year, until the day came that none of the young remembered any more how she was connected to them, and one day when she awoke in the morning, her vardo was the only one standing where they'd all made camp for the night. It suited her well enough. The squabbling of their children and the smell of their cooking only made her bitter over what should have been hers, if her husband had managed to live a few more years.

She unhitched the horses with effort and set them to graze, then went about making her evening meal over a low fire. The place she'd picked to camp was on the town's outskirts, close enough for visitors, but not so close as to be disturbed unintentionally. In the morning she'd go to town and paste up flyers advertising her skill at reading the cards. For tonight, she'd enjoy the stars and the silence and the warmth of a good fire brandy as the chill of the evening set in. With a little luck, she'd soon have customers seeking her talents and the silence would be broken again.
~ Morjiana Sanchari of Chere ~ Seer, Busybody, Matriarch ~
Grayson

Re: (ORP) Morjiana's Vardo

Post by Grayson »

Grayson had been out traveling and was making his way back to Bravia when he came upon a wagon and horses. He looked around checking to see if anyone was around this beautiful morning. "Hello" he commented, "Anyone here?"
Morjiana

Post by Morjiana »

The door at the rear of the wagon was thrown open but with brocade curtains covering the doorway. Morjiana pulled a curtain aside and waved a greeting to the newcomer as she stepped down. "Greetings, stranger. Have you come for a reading?"
Grayson

Post by Grayson »

Greetings ma'am, A reading? Grayson was confused about what a reading was and had a a questioning look on his face. My name is Grayson i live in the town of Bravia He stepped closer to the wagon and peered around a bit more as he waited to hear what a reading was.
Morjiana

Post by Morjiana »

As Grayson studied the wagon, he would see it was painted with a variety of mystical symbols in a riot of colors, liberally interspersed with scraps of mirror, large beads, and other shinies that Morjiana had come across in her lengthy travels. The base color was a rich, grassy green, peeking out in glimpses from the decor layered atop it. A single steep step led up to the entrance at the rear of the wagon. A small, round window admitted too little light to make out the interior easily. A small pass through at the front of the wagon let out directly on the driver's seat. The entire rig was weathered but well kept. Not far away, Morjiana's old grey workhorse grazed in the open with no interest in the other creatures nearby.

Morjiana's native suspicion immediately awakened when she realized this man had not sought her out after seeing her flyers in town, but she tried to keep it off her face. "I am Morjiana Sanchari of Chere, Master Grayson."

"I offer tarot readings. Or I can read your palm. I used to read tea leaves, but I find them less reliable." She studied her visitor closely but saw no reason to be worried that he was a brigand. His aura showed no more danger than any other man in these dangerous times, though that could be more than enough already. She'd learned over the years that it was best to trust her sight to help her stay away from dangerous creatures, but the sight was not always with her when she needed it. When it failed her, she was too frail to defend herself easily. She'd relied on husband's kin to save her in these instances until recently, and now she regretted their absence for the first time.
Grayson

Post by Grayson »

Grayson looked at the wagon and smiled, it was a very colorful and shiny one. As he listened to the lady something stuck in his mind, Did you say Sanchari? Grayson pondered that name, Are you by some chance related to An Aishe Sanchari? Grayson smiled at the thought of his friend, It had been a while since he had spoken with her. I am proud to call her friend! He walked slowly towards the woman who now seemed a bit skittish. He walked closer with his hands palm upturned showing that he was unarmed. How about a tarot reading? He asked hesitantly.
Morjiana

Post by Morjiana »

A friend of Aishe's? Morjiana thought with a mixture of feelings. It wasn't nice to mislead friends of Roma, so she supposed she'd have to give an honest reading. It also wasn't nice to marry non-Roma though, and Aishe seemed to have no compunction about that. Maybe a few half truths would be an acceptable compromise, she decided before nodding the man toward her wagon.

"I am Aishe's aunt," Morjiana said equitably. "And you'd be more than welcome to a reading as a friend of hers. I'll not even charge you," she added laughingly as she led the way in to the vardo to settle herself in the grand wooden chair sitting across a table from a shorter and more plain one. She hoped against hope that there was something positive to be seen in this creature's reading. If there wasn't, it would difficult to stick to her compromise. No one wanted to hear the unvarnished truth if it was all doom and gloom.
Grayson

Post by Grayson »

Grayson smiled as he heard her say Aishe's Aunt. He had wondered if there was more to her than just her and Akos. As they were the only two he knew he had assumed, there was that word again, that there may not be anyone else since he had never seen or heard of them. He followed the lady into the wagon careful as not to let his bulk break anything. He was not a rotund man but standing a little over 7' and muscular to boot made him a little big in tight spaces. Looking at the plain chair he did realize that it seemed sturdy enough and that it did not have arms on it, that made it much easier to sit in and not break it. He glanced casually at the tattoos on his body and made sure that they were dimmed down so as not to draw to much attention.

He looked at Morjiana in askance as he sat down. He did not know what he needed to do so he decided to ask. What next Ma'am? He looked around the wagon as he waited to see what needed to be done on his part and smiled. It seemed as if she had done a lot of traveling. You have some very interesting stuff if I may say so.
Morjiana

Post by Morjiana »

Morjiana looked around the vardo with barely hidden pride. "Indeed. All tokens of my travels," she said as she waved her hand vaguely around the crowded space. "Well, except this," she added with a frown as she tossed a doll out of her carved chair. "One of my nephew's children must have left that here." Her face darkened a bit more, then she cleared it with an act of will as she drew out her cards. They'd been specially crafted for her by an artist in Spirus many years ago. Made of heavy stock, with each image carefully inscribed in rich color, there was no other deck in existence like them. She shuffled them reverently, handling each card with care to avoid marking it with anything other than the energy in the room, then laid the deck down in front of Grayson.

"You may shuffle them if you wish, but carefully. It is important that you touch them before we begin, but shuffling isn't necessary unless you feel it is. While you touch the cards, tell me what it is you wish to know." She leaned back in the chair and let her gaze soften and unfocus to better watch the man's aura as he spoke rather than his face.
Alexandria

Post by Alexandria »

Alexandria was tired she wanted to have her husband back. It’s not like she could pick up a supernatural link and call him home. She giggled at herself, all the while thinking here you go again talking to yourself. Shh! I just tell them I’m talking you Sybil.

Sybil is her familiar and companion, yawned then walked away. “Don’t you walk away from me missy,” she said to Sybil who curled up on the floor next to the door.Alexandria laughed. “I’m going! You don’t have to be so pushy you know.” Sybil yawned again then dropped her head like she was going to nap for the day.

Alexi shook her head as she headed back to the bedroom to finish dressing.

When she was done she and Sybil headed out to find Morjiana’s Vardo. Maybe she can tell me where to find my lost husband. "You think he got lost looking for his family?" she ask Sybil. Looking at the flyer once more to make sure she was going in the right direction, knowing exactly where she was headed.
♥ Split Personality ♥ Sorceress ♥ Priestess ♥ Little Phoenix ♥ All Magick ♥ You be mixed up too ♥