!!An FYI RE: the new market restrictions:!!

Moderator: Community Team

Varann

Re: !!An FYI RE: the new market restrictions:!!

Post by Varann »

I notice that Redkipp did not mention anything about private trades are they affected by the limitations as well or is it just public trades? just so that i can include that information when planning my next gathering trip for pears and oranges.
Nocturne

Post by Nocturne »

A private trade would not have anyone pressing charges - or shouldn't, anyway - and if there was, you'd have your correspondence and I would recommend harassment charges in return if people want to play the legal system, hey, it gives our good PP some activity, eh?
Nocturne

Post by Nocturne »

balerion wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:02 pm No, I'm just looking for what that means in english.
*gets a dictionary to help the dragon tapping the meaning used (bold)*

verb
verb: project; 3rd person present: projects; past tense: projected; past participle: projected; gerund or present participle: projecting
prəˈjekt/Submit

present or promote (a particular view or image).
"he strives to project an image of youth"
synonyms: convey, put across, put over, communicate, present, promote
transfer or attribute one's own emotion or desire to (another person), especially unconsciously.
"Lupines may sometimes project their own fears onto mankind"
balerion

Post by balerion »

Well. Perhaps my defense of who you are as a person has been a waste of my time in other places. Say no more.
Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear
Nocturne

Post by Nocturne »

"I don't need a defense of who I am as a person, though I will thank you for kind words, Baron Dragon. My people have always been viewed as evil, regardless of the actuality of our deeds...I should expect no less by now. Tales were told of the monsters under the bed to keep children afraid and in-line with their visions of right and wrong by parents realm-wide, of the creatures that hunted at dark, of the beasts that would steal your soul if you weren't vigilant. None the less, I think the point has been made here, as there are still not baked goods on the markets, and seems I will help, because the young shouldn't suffer for the foolishness of the old."
Katie

Post by Katie »

I admit I have been out of town chopping wood until recently so I am out of the loop. However, I have mentioned to Nocturne in the past that I needed help in some form or fashion due to feeling a tad poor. He was always willing to help out in what ever way possible. If it meant reducing the price of eggs, he did it. So sometime ago I noticed he had an ad up for 100 wood needed for 8 to 10 fs each. I placed up 85 wood for a lower price than 8 fs each. He bought them. I dont mind helping those who help me. So far, everyone has been lovely to work with because deep inside of each creature is a most lovely side. I am simply careful around Uncle Bal because of that blazing flame which engulfs a room when he exhales through his mouth. I am also careful not to get sucked into the dark shadows of the netherworld as Nocturne slips through his portals.

So even though I have been away, I appreciate all of you including my lovely, talented and awesome sister, Wyl. She makes the most wonderful homemade Yellow Cakes and Chocolate DoNuts. Come to Katie's Takery Bakery for real treats of these delectable sweets!

Lastly, Nocturne is right in reference to the cathedral having a tremendous pile of eggs.
banner by Aida j'Otun
balerion

Post by balerion »

So that's where all my eggs ended up. :lol:
Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear
Katie

Post by Katie »

I honestly dont know, Uncle Bal, but if so, I hope we wont be hatching out any of yours and Aunty Suu's babes from embryonic form. I dont want to be accused of dragon kidnapping. So if baby dragons are born at the cathedral, I am sure that Netherworld Nocturne or myself will see to it they arrive safely to their mother. That, I promise. 😉
banner by Aida j'Otun
Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

My dear Shadow man, you are assuming that I have problems with my sales. I am not sure why it is your business if I have troubles with my sales? Clearly. From the lack of the item that I make on the market isn't because I have problems selling. I have no problem with anyone buying anything I sell. That is the whole point of this.

I don't insult people just out of the blue, the fact that you take it as an insult and have to argue how much you have done, might speak of something else? And it only makes you out to be a thin skinned Rooster puffing up his chest at how better you think you are, and how much more you think you do than others. Now that, was an insult! *She laughs.* The rest of us don't have to say how much they have done. You also assume I don't source my own items? I have a wide range of sources. Yes, our market is a source. Why would it not be? That is quite a silly thing to say.

Galant salesman? *She chuckled.* Noct, perhaps you just aren't shopping at the right time of the day. A woman typically can smell a deal from a long ways away, perhaps that is why I am not having an issue in getting what I need when I need it? IF I need it. That is a serious key thing here. IF I need it.

I simply have no issue in selling my goods to anyone that wants them. This is the base of my complaint. You nor anyone has the right or the ability to enforce what I sell to anyone I want and I am stating I will NOT participate in this heavy handed ideal. Items are on the market to be sold. Not to hang around and collect mould... Freshness, to me, is very important. If you don't want someone buying them all, don't put them all out there for sale.

I have never claimed you don't do anything, or don't help people, the problem is you prefer behind the scenes. Rather than openly offer to all, meeting behind the barn seems a better way to you. Perhaps the daylight is detrimental to shadows. Never have I seen you publically state you were helping all. In messages, yes you have stated you needed this or that or that.. so that you can sell at a lower price to people. The Market -Never- reflects you doing so. What I find hysterical, in your hurt responses here, is that, you, just recently, cleared off some of my stat items - again to be clear, that is your right, and I am fine with you doing so! I WANT people to buy up my stuff. But, you bought -all- I had listed for sale on one specific item, only to put up a different food with the =same great ingredients- ((Stats)) at a higher price. That still works for me though, so I have no issue even with that! You can't pick and choose who you apply this nonsense to. If a young person buys up all your 2f legs, then they too should also be held accountable.. You know what? The more we go into this the more ridiculous this is getting.

Basically, do as I say, not as I do, is alright, is what you are saying. Why would you want to limit everyone else and not yourself when it comes to purchasing items? Is that is another example of you doing -great things- for the people? And if you want to be a fool and buy things for the market and sell them for less than you purchase them for, have at it. You put it on the market, it s for sale. You obviously are making coin elsewhere or you would eventually run out. Oh wait, it has already been established that this place is overflowing with coin. All it takes is someone to tell the young where to get their needed coins from. Like a Mentor Mentoring.

Go ahead and remove your items. That is only something a child does in a temper tantrum. Unnecessary governing really gets my growl going. As a customer, you of all things, should know I have no issues with sales, considering you buy a good deal of my wares.
Nocturne

Post by Nocturne »

Wow, you're late to the party. Catch up, girl. And next time, try to stay with us. Things done in so-called temper tantrums made points. And sadly, the records don't go back to mass mails where I announced listing multiple items through the TH for people to buy a couple of. Doesn't really matter anyway, though, does it? Your mind's made up to whatever works best for you personally. And that's how a republic should work. Each person votes what works best for them. Good luck!