!!An FYI RE: the new market restrictions:!!

Moderator: Community Team

Wyllow

!!An FYI RE: the new market restrictions:!!

Post by Wyllow »

In Lieu of the announcement placed up in the Market:
[UPDATED - Feb 20, 1658 ]
___SUPPLIES_HOARDING___
People, please don't hoard eggs and stat foods! Everyone needs them, so please don't buy more than you need for the day, and when buying in advance, don't take more than 10-25% of what's currently on market. At this moment this is only frowned upon, but if this alarming tendency won't stop, THERE WILL BE A LAW, and violation will cost you A LOT. Thanks for your attention.

Just to make people aware, that if you buy a large amount, or even every single one of my items, I will not rat you out, nor will I think you a criminal for purchasing anything that I place on the market. It is there to be purchased, not sit on tme market and rot. This is my promise to you as a valued customer to MY wares.

10-20% market restriction is a very very very very VERY ridiculous amount to limit any one to. It also might find you with less people wanting to live here. Instead, it might be a better idea to encourage people to make what is missing.
balerion

Re: !!An FYI RE: the new market restrictions:!!

Post by balerion »

In light of these ridiculous ideas I have reopened my tavern shop full of meats. Sadly it seems to be a little tricky getting to it at the moment, but I hope it clears up by tomorrow. Try going to secfenia.org/tavern_food2.php?id=4&name=yourcharactername

Type your name after the 'name='
Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear
Nocturne

Post by Nocturne »

I think it's a good step, to be not ridiculous with market wipes, and stands that only the reporting and the clearing would be needed. If a hundred eggs are all that's up on the market, and you buy all 100 of them, depriving others of training, then yes, something should be in place to stop rudeness. This isn't something that's said on every purchase, but if you're trying to supply things for people at a discount to help them train and advance, and certain people buy it all in bulk, that becomes an issue. Obviously I could wipe the market clean if I wanted, but it isn't about me. And when there are staple items that are being wiped, then YES, that's a problem.

In light of balerion's ridiculous offense at such ideas, I should totally buy out his shop repeatedly and see if we can have fun wiping Fenia of plucked chickens...Oh, why not.
balerion

Post by balerion »

Buying my chicken just like the hundreds of my eggs you bought? :lol:

Have another 50 chicken.

This is no different than how I addressed the last stupid market law. I might not get out as much these days but I'll always think fondly of my time as a travelling trader.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11582
Shaker of Castles
Nocturne

Post by Nocturne »

Since you had about 500 eggs on your market at the time? Yes, I bought about a fifth of them. And hey, chickens are good. We'll see how this goes :D
Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

If anyone plans ahead like I do, (for working my shops) what I can buy off the market can clear it of certain items and that isn't even a full days need. You buy a good deal to make foods for people for at least a week or two to make it worth being in your shops those days.

I could give a rip who buys what I make. Not sure why that is anyone else's business? Especially a town that obviously doesn't know how to communicate with it's own people.

Until it is law, I will buy what I want, when I want, for what I want ... For the people. FOR the consumers, they may BUY anything and ALL from me, with the guarantee I will not rat them out for some ridiculous restriction because the people that run Bravia can't be bothered to send out letters stating what is needed. (As if it's inhabitants can't tell?) This all comes back to bad management of a town when you put these kind of restrictions on a towns own people, but do NOTHING to protect the townspeople from the outside.

When you restrict a market to your own people, you restrict a whole lot more than that. It becomes a place that isn't a very happy place to live in. If the intentions is to pretty much kill off Bravia, (It isn't small enough to begin with) this is a good path to take.

One other thing... Someone better have a conversation with the Peasants about this also. ;)
:lol: :lol:
Gilgamesh

Post by Gilgamesh »

Maybe I can kill them for you? I mean...ahem...sorry. I could always look into peasant purchases as a side note if that is a major concern.
Redkipp

Post by Redkipp »

Please note that introduced guideline applies only to eggs and stat foods. It's not meant to restrict anyone. I merely asked people to be more considerate.
As to 25% being ridiculously small, look at this from the other side: only 4 people can wipe the market clean of eggs and stat foods, thus depriving everybody of stat advancement, AND STILL BE WITHIN THE GUIDELINE.
And finally, to my threat of making it a law. It will only be a law if I will receive 5 complaints from at least 2 different sellers. And if I will, the law will be worded to impose least possible restrictions.
Hope I made myself clear.
balerion

Post by balerion »

Sellers aren't likely to ever complain about sales. I've still plenty of steaks on sale in my tavern shop for 14f. ;)
Shaker of Castles
Nocturne

Post by Nocturne »

I had a long reply here, but apparently the pixies are at work. Suffice to say this: Balerion, you proved the very point you fought against. What happened when you sold out at reasonable prices? You raised the prices, and couldn't keep up with the demand even by doing so, selling out of the first foods. So thank you for making that point more obvious for me. And your steaks have been equal to or more than I get them for for Bravia anyway, so I don't feel the need to prove my point - redundantly - by wasting more money that the only way to recoup would be to gouge my own people. So while you discuss a market law being stupid, you're equally declaring yourself such. Are you aware that Fenia, Kiene, and oh wait....both other VRs....already have laws imposing restrictions where needed?

And Wyllow, I truly wish to understand your position, so I'll send you a mailer about it.