!!An FYI RE: the new market restrictions:!!

Moderator: Community Team

Redkipp

Re: !!An FYI RE: the new market restrictions:!!

Post by Redkipp »

It's funny how you argue over something neiter of you have seen, namely the law that may or may not be made official. Anyways, I've decided to let you see my first draft. I'm sure you can make some changes to make it nicer. I also depend on you in making a list of everything that needs to be equitably distributed, and the reasonable percentages and amounts.
Section IV: Equitable distribution of supplies
1.Goods subject to equitable distribution
1.1 A legally elected mayor may create or change a list of goods subject to equitable distribution, as well as maximum purchase percentages and amounts.
1.2 An entry to that list follows a form <Supply type>/<Max purchase percentage>/<Max purchase amount>
1.3 This list or any changes to it have no legal power until published in such a way that any resident of Bravia may view that list before buying something on Bravian market
2. Actions considered Interfering with EDoS
2.1 Purchasing goods listed in amounts more than specified in maximum percentage or maximum amount part of entry, whichever is larger.
2.1.1 The amount purchased is a sum of all purchases of given supply type over the course of three days.
3. Punishments for Interfering with EDoS
3.1 Depending on the city of residence, number of previous violations and the severity of violation? Interfering with Equitable Distribution of Supplies will carry Mild to Moderate punishment.
4. Creatures exempt from prosecution
1. Town or VR officials acting for the benefit of the town
2. Residents of Bravia city purchasing materials for their workshop
3. Creatures with a written permit from a legally elected mayor
((OOC: Not a native speaker, please do let me know of any spelling or grammar mistakes(or errors? always have them mixed up)))
balerion

Post by balerion »

I suppose I should take joy in all the poor laws that can land me in court.
Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear
Grayson

Post by Grayson »

ugh seriously,
Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

I am curious as to know why you think this is needed?? And I am also curious as to know how you think this is going to help any? BUT! What I really want to know is just how do you think you are going to enforce this? You are just going to rely on people that are going to rat on others? That makes for a real friendly town when we have everyone penned against each other, at a market level. So instead of encouraging people to work together, we create something that makes enemies before the get go.

I think it would be faster for you to just close the market down.. or better yet, ask the remaining few here that actually do sell/buy on our markets, to just move out of the town. Paz is looking pretty good about now.. Or better than that, if Bravia as a Viceroyalty decides this is a good thing, it needs it's head checked.
Varann

Post by Varann »

As a former resisdent of Paz Wyllow i can tell you for a fact you'll find the Paz has restrictions on the market that are already town laws.

Something Redkipp might help you figure out laws for Bravia's market as i found them to be quite fair.

Bravia city is in fact the only city that I know of that doesn't have some form of market restriction and yet i can get what i need everywhere i travel to. So from personal experience i have not had an issue with buying or selling on a market with restrictions.
So i am not sure what the problem is here. the only worry i had is with private trades which tend to be my main source of income.
Redkipp

Post by Redkipp »

Wyllow wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:37 pm I am curious as to know why you think this is needed?? And I am also curious as to know how you think this is going to help any? BUT! What I really want to know is just how do you think you are going to enforce this? You are just going to rely on people that are going to rat on others? That makes for a real friendly town when we have everyone penned against each other, at a market level. So instead of encouraging people to work together, we create something that makes enemies before the get go.

I think it would be faster for you to just close the market down.. or better yet, ask the remaining few here that actually do sell/buy on our markets, to just move out of the town. Paz is looking pretty good about now.. Or better than that, if Bravia as a Viceroyalty decides this is a good thing, it needs it's head checked.
*Sigh* Such hostility.
You'll be laughing, lady Wyllow, but I don't yet think the law is necessary. The draft is here is just in case it will be. The law, of course, just like any law, isn't going to help prevent the bad thing (in this case, someone wiping the market), it's only giving a legal option to punish those who do the bad thing.
As to enforcing this law... Well, it's not actually supposed to be enforced on residents. In fact, the values on the list are going to be set in such a vay that it'll be very hard to actually make a violation. And in case of a malicious outsider who wipes the market... I hope you don't have qualms about ratting such byers out.

[mention]Varann[/mention], the private trades are completely safe. I didn't mean to restrict them at all. I'll write in a clause referring that in final variant that'll go to the Mages (IF it'll go to the Mages)