!!An FYI RE: the new market restrictions:!!

Moderator: Community Team

balerion

Re: !!An FYI RE: the new market restrictions:!!

Post by balerion »

Oh Nocturne, I raised the price because you don't need the discount. I had 100 of my own chicken to sell. I sold them. I'm happy. That's the point.
But I can easily return my steaks to 13f. I'm entirely unaware of current world prices. Thanks for the clarification. In Fenia for 8 years it has been acceptable to purchase up to half of any item on sale. Any other laws that exist haven't ever been acted upon.
Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear
Nocturne

Post by Nocturne »

Thank you for again proving the point yet again. And agreed I don't need a discount. Neither do many who wipe markets of cheaper goods. Yet, it's EXACTLY as you said, yet rail against. The laws don't *have* to be acted upon. It's if it's a constant problem it would likely be addressed first with a mail, and the law is there to add backing to that if needed. Again, this is exactly the point I made, so I'll thank you for your agreement with the sentiment and continuing to prove the point.

(Edited to add the grammar fix only)
Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

Taking even 1 item when there are 4 on the market is taking 25%, so in order for ANY item (1) to be sold each item has to have 4 on the market before 1 can be sold.

This is the norm: Thank you for stating this!
In Fenia for 8 years it has been acceptable to purchase up to half of any item on sale.

Redkipp -
There is so much money here in Secfenia, perhaps the course of action should be our mentors telling those individuals, young and old, HOW to make money if they don't have enough. Rather than restricting everyone. That seems like a more plausible idea firstly, and secondly perhaps the mentors should also let the young know that the taverns most often sell eggs, so to use that as an excuse to impose upon your constituents, better communication with your people may be in order. Restricting townspeople, (Market) does nothing but create stagnancy. Something we all should be against.

And As I said to you Noc, in a letter recently:

My position is:

If you don't want them to sell, then don't place them on the market. If you want someone to buy them specifically, then meet up with them and sell to them.

I am very against restrictions on our market. Common "Courtesy" is to not take more than half, but it should never be enforced on the towns inhabitants. Restrict outsiders all you want. When we have places like Fenia that has done more harm than good by reducing items to a ridiculously low price there, it has done more harm than good because their goods are being sold on our markets and killing sales of our own people.

There is absolutely no reason why chicken legs should be sold for 2. There is enough money to go around for new and old and prices are being pretty much mucked because some people feel the need to have prices so low that no one can compete in sales. It is why I live here. If I wanted Fenia Prices, I would live there.

As to stat food restrictions, again, why restrict to our own people? there are loads of stat foods that can be gotten, just because it has a stat attached to it doesn't mean I should be restricted from buying what I want when I want. I don't restrict buyers. So why should any person in government tell me what I can do with what I make? No thanks.

Wyl

Never have I seen Chicken Legs being sold for 2 each. Ever. What I have seen is items flooding into our market from Fenia and placed on the market for -regular- prices. Chicken legs on our market are at 7.50 and 8f each. So I don't buy the story of it is for the young.. that can't afford it.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out when a person has a veggie and a wheat field and is a blacksmith, that they are getting these items elsewhere and placing them on our market. I have made a painting to show what I mean..

http://prntscr.com/ikvh45

When you put 150 of one item on our market at regular price, it isn't to help the young and penniless.

Amaryllis

Post by Amaryllis »

Gilgamesh wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:52 pm Maybe I can kill them for you? I mean...ahem...sorry. I could always look into peasant purchases as a side note if that is a major concern.
Those Peasants are nasty, aren't they. ;)
balerion

Post by balerion »

Just because laws don't have to be acted on doesn't mean ill planned entirely stupid laws should be created.
Just a thought.

I'll respond to these as I have before. If I put items on a market they are for sale. Unconventional perhaps, but true.
Shaker of Castles
Nocturne

Post by Nocturne »

Very well, you want to see what happens, I suppose we'll see if laws are useful or not soon enough. My apologies in advance, for when you project a beast, you may create one.
Nocturne

Post by Nocturne »

Wyllow wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:12 am And As I said to you Noc, in a letter recently:
My position is:

If you don't want them to sell, then don't place them on the market. If you want someone to buy them specifically, then meet up with them and sell to them.

I am very against restrictions on our market. Common "Courtesy" is to not take more than half, but it should never be enforced on the towns inhabitants. Restrict outsiders all you want. When we have places like Fenia that has done more harm than good by reducing items to a ridiculously low price there, it has done more harm than good because their goods are being sold on our markets and killing sales of our own people.

There is absolutely no reason why chicken legs should be sold for 2. There is enough money to go around for new and old and prices are being pretty much mucked because some people feel the need to have prices so low that no one can compete in sales. It is why I live here. If I wanted Fenia Prices, I would live there.

As to stat food restrictions, again, why restrict to our own people? there are loads of stat foods that can be gotten, just because it has a stat attached to it doesn't mean I should be restricted from buying what I want when I want. I don't restrict buyers. So why should any person in government tell me what I can do with what I make? No thanks.

Wyl
Never have I seen Chicken Legs being sold for 2 each. Ever. What I have seen is items flooding into our market from Fenia and placed on the market for -regular- prices. Chicken legs on our market are at 7.50 and 8f each. So I don't buy the story of it is for the young.. that can't afford it.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out when a person has a veggie and a wheat field and is a blacksmith, that they are getting these items elsewhere and placing them on our market. I have made a painting to show what I mean..

http://prntscr.com/ikvh45

When you put 150 of one item on our market at regular price, it isn't to help the young and penniless.

[/color][/b]
Nocturne's eyes just narrowed slightly as the thin ribbons of crimson listened to the implied insults and audacity, and he tried to remind himself why he stayed in this land anyway anymore. "Wyllow, since you want to keep it public, I'm okay with that, but feel free to ask Duke what I'm buying from Fenia. He may tell you he sent eggs over to the temple, and yes, all of those are still there at the temple in case we have shortages, and any of the priests or deacons can list if the need arises and I'm gone." He shook his head at the lunacy of her words...perhaps that was it, lunacy...what was the moon now, anyway? "However, I'm more than capable of sourcing my own people locally to create items, though I guess going by your assessments, that you don't if I use that logic. I didn't take you to be that dense, but yes, listing all the higher chicken that I just pretty much bought from balerion to recoup from peasants doesn't equate to putting the onus on our younger members. There's obviously room for profit at the cheaper prices, though, right? Where are those gallant salesmen who you were so sure would fill the void, if people wiped the market otherwise, hm?"

The fact was, there had been none for months, and he'd taken it upon himself to make sure things were listed on the market, at normal prices, regardless of what he paid, sometimes more, sometimes less, but such was the life of a trader. "Oh wait, that's right, my cheaper ones gets bought up in bulk each time they're listed. Which, when it's new people, is fine. I'm not going to throw names out as the newer ones who want to better themselves shouldn't be put on the same list as older ones, but neither should they be shamed, as as you say, it's not a law anyway, it's asking politely for courtesy. But if all those chicken legs have been bought up (Over 100 @ 2F now), wouldn't you think we'd see chicken soups on the market from someone other than me? Or does that not make sense? Because blacksmiths don't have to BUY items from Fenia, some of us use our hard-earned silver in the caravan to buy harder to find stat items and help our people when our bakers aren't keeping up with the demand. With so many logs, no, I don't want to go through and sort all of it out as I had them a while, but here's the pies that are there now, NOT Fenian...unless the caravan buys from Fenia, in which case, perhaps that's something we should look into..."

The beast would continue, "Just because you've not seen a thing could be in part the reasons that limits would be great. When I want to be generous and send out lots of small things to help newer people, I don't wanna have to go gift bagging, or going through TH, I'd like to think we liked one another well enough to help. Hades in a basket, that's been what I've spent the better part of my life here doing. I have more money than I could spend wiping entire markets, and I offer people jobs hunting celery or doing other things to help the town on a regular basis. But here's a redacted report from the saleswoman at the market to show you."

"If you want your snide comments to insinuate I'm hurting our economy, I'll simply remove everything, and see how your market looks. I've busted my back constantly for this town while you keep them well supplied with....what, great stat boosters like bread? Or maybe klahua cakes, egg drop soup? Or is it the magnificently filling tuna sandwiches and egg nog, which are most costly yet less stat-potential than the very milk and fish they're made from? Perhaps time for the little "painting" as you say to illustrate such a wide variety of baked foods that we have. I've removed my things from the market for the time being. THAT is what I would've done if I wanted to punish people, which I obviously haven't aimed to limit anyone's growth, but let's have faith in your way, and see how quickly it's replenished, shall we? I don't remember there being this much difficulty in getting people to help one another before."

balerion

Post by balerion »

My apologies in advance, for when you project a beast, you may create one.
Lolwut?
Shaker of Castles
Nocturne

Post by Nocturne »

balerion wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:07 pm
My apologies in advance, for when you project a beast, you may create one.
Lolwut?
Did you look in the mirror again, dragon?
balerion

Post by balerion »

No, I'm just looking for what that means in english.
Shaker of Castles