Taxes

Moderator: Community Team

Wyllow

Taxes

Post by Wyllow »

Sending of a letter to the Town Mayor...

Why for the love of Pete, are we being Taxed???
Nocturne

Re: Taxes

Post by Nocturne »

*chuckles softly* I sent him a letter essentially saying that while it was a pittance, it also likely should have been communicated to the people before being enacted, IMO.
TwoB

Post by TwoB »

Twob looks at herself and smirks at the "him" comment. After all, she didn't think she was that unrecognizable as a female. "Maybe it's different in their species," she thought. "Thank you both for coming out today. I have replied to both of your letters and also sent out a new town letter as well. I'm glad to meet you officially. I'm Two B. What are your names," she asked smiling.
A binary proposition is much easier to deal with than the minute spectrum of color
Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

She lets out a low growl and thinks the best way for this new mayor getting to know the towns people is a far cry of friendly.

She replies to the not so great list of explanations she received...in true to herself form, a brow furrowed and a shake to her head.
1) I don't need to prove to anyone that I am paying attention. If you want my attention all you have to do is ask for it. And if it is of importance I will respond.
2) It is your job to figure out how to manage the town. Taxing us is unacceptable. If you need a boost, you need to communicate what you need a boost for and what you want a boost in.
3) Buy back program? You do realize that there is a huge amount of cash flowing around all of us and if you need to tax us to get that cash, you need a mentor to help you learn how to run a town as a mayor. Better yet, our previous mayor and ones before it, I am betting can be a great mentor to you, as they never in all my time being in Bravia had to tax their citizens.
4) I really don't care if you like the number 4 or not. I don't like being taxed without discussion. My taxes have been paid this time, but it will be the only time they are paid. Basically, this is my helping hand to you. Many people donate to the town all the time. If you don't know who, then perhaps you need to contact your mentor as they have that information. Many people will aid you, you only need to ask.

Don't force people to donate. It will leave you with less people for you to collect from. And yes, being taxed without 1) warning or 2) Discussion by a Town Council to approve changes to the town is a thing. If you want an example of how well it goes over when a mayor does not consult its residents just research the last time a mayor changed our market laws without warning. It didn't go over well and rightly-so. It is obvious no discussion happened or you would have spoke of it when 1) I sent you a mail to the fact and 2) Brought it to the public forum. You will find that nothing here is done in secret as we, the people, demand transparency on everything.
With that, she sends it on it's way. Another annoyance to dealt with.. she goes back to studying in her legendary skills. These days, she has been a tad unpleasant towards some. Annoyances trigger something fierce in her.
TwoB

Post by TwoB »

Two B read over the letter and started another to the one she recieved.
Citizen of Bravia,

1) Why not? Why should you expect to show any less transparency than you expect of Town Hall? Could you imagine if a mayor told you that they'd reply only if it is of "importance"?
2) It is my job to figure out how to manage the town. Why not use taxes as a method? Town Hall has a tax man on the payroll who has collected money for years.
3) If there is a huge amount of cash flowing around all of us, no one has not been transparent about it. Perhaps you'd like to tell me more about this. I have recieved more mail since taxing than before hand. It's been difficult to get answers to simple questions at times. I've written numerous letters including asking what the citizens of our town want to do to be active. Most lie in a heap.
4) It does not sound like you want a discussion. It's either unacceptable to tax or you refuse to pay them. Can you show me where it says that taxes must be discussed in town council?

If you demand transparency, I am happy to provide. Let's be transparent about a few things:

1) Town Hall has been buying items from the market to help it's people as it has said it would. Taxes help, but isn't the only source of money for this. It is the more immediate money. Goods waiting on the Town market and the Viceregal Fair for profit can take a long time to be bought.
2) Town Council hasn't been active for at least 6 months. No discussions have existed from any records from the clerical staff.
3) The Mayor's Office hasn't had a visitor approach the office to speak with them in 3 years
4) I am having trouble locating the last public discussion on anything in Bravia. Maybe 6 months ago or more?

As mayor, I have gotten more mail from visitors or when I taxed, then from people who live here. This is not due to a lack of writing people or replying. Maybe this helps why I think it's important for people to show they are paying attention. If we had someone burning down town hall, would people notice before the ashes piled up or would the letters pile up outside?

I will leave you with this. I didn't seek out to be mayor. The previous mayor sent a desparate mail begging people to run for mayorship. It was no secret what my experience was. I expected someone to run against me. I expected a discussion. I expected someone to pay attention. Instead, quietly I became mayor. I got 3 letters complaining about the tax with more just paying it.
She signed the letter. Much confusion she had regarding how some reacted to the use of taxes. It made Two B wonder if taxes were something that shocked people more because of the concept of taxes or because they felt they were too important for them. She had heard of stories like this, but had never seen them. "Maybe someone will actually run against me next term," she thought out loud sending the letter out.
A binary proposition is much easier to deal with than the minute spectrum of color
Crush

Post by Crush »

*Swims by the shore*