Dear Bravians

Moderator: Community Team

marleen

Dear Bravians

Post by marleen »

Hello Bravians,

I would like to bring to your attention several things:

Winter is still here - Please Help!
The snowmen event are Yuki's minions and have frozen the site in Winter. This means that Orchards are frozen solid and all fields are stuck in their least productive season. Please help us in this event, things are actually slowly getting worse. On the home page (where you would play Nifty 19), please press the button to combat the snowmen. It does not take a daily action. It does not decrease your HP. It does not require you to be a high level or have learned how to fight. Check your Event log the next day to see what happened. This is an event where players have to coordinate together to figure out how to beat Yuki, and that is happening here: viewforum.php?f=127

The Winter status also seems to affect foraging and foraging items, such as Cup of Oats and Black Bean.

New Players
New level 0 + level 1 citizens are an important part of the Bravian economy. They help buy goods and it is a joy to help them level up and watch them interact and grow. When they level up, they help the town. We haven't had very many lately, they seem to be moving away. Let's put in some extra effort to make sure that the basic goods they may need are on the market and reasonably priced.

Field Work
I've been getting a lot of questions on why I keep pricing my field work so low instead of paying 30F+ to turn them. Peasants will work fields in order of who pays the most, starting at 15F. The city of Fenia has perfected this technique and this is why their goods are priced so low. The caveat is that you must wait a little longer for the work to be done. If you are paying 16f, 17F, 18F, etc, then you are just trying to get your field worked faster than your neighbor. It is also possible to price your fields lower, say at 12F or 14F. This means that you can sell your goods at a lower price. The mechanics of peasant work are not fully known, please ask the city of Fenia if you have more questions.

However, higher-priced field work is still important because it helps out players who need those worker points. Here is a special Thank-You to those individuals.

Traders
Certain individuals frequent many towns and drop items for sale. Please support our local workers and crafters by buying local goods where it is possible to do so and the prices are reasonable. This is not about me, but I know that I took on a Sheep field to help provide Hides and Wool and they undercut my business so badly I could not turn the product and had to turn the field into something else. I am sure they have done this to other citizens.

Repair Shops
A new feature has been added to the game where you can own and operate a repair shop. This option is listed underneath the Town Market menu item. Let's get a few individuals to operate repair shops so that we have better ways of mending older goods. : )

Professional Crafting Artisans
We have a lot of Bravians who are choosing not to operate in their own workshop. For example, weavers with no wool to weave and butchers with no carcasses to render. Please try to coordinate together with any local artisans on what might be needed or lacking or how to help.

Here is the quick poll that I took just now :

Masons: 2
Weavers: 3 (was 4 in February)
Carpenter: 3
Baker: 2
Miller: 3
Butcher: 2
Blacksmith: 1
Fath

Re: Dear Bravians

Post by Fath »

Having just arrived back in Bravia, she wanders about the town checking out the vendors and shops window shopping. Daydreaming of things to be able to get one day.

She notices a bulletin posted by marleen so stops to read it. Snowmen! Seldom did they stand and fight and she hadn’t seen a portal for a while. It seemed every road she came to while traveling she had to salt the road. Plus, she hated the cold! She was beginning to think this realm should be called Lumikki.

She smiles reading the bulletin speak of newcomers like herself. She had returned to Bravia since on her previous visit, she had found jobs plentiful and paid well.

Reading on about traders, she stops a moment realizing she had not considered looking at who was selling what and was guilty of simply looking for the cheapest. She would make a point of changing that habit.
Marshal

Re: Dear Bravians

Post by Marshal »

I see what you mean about the peasants doing farm work, though when I list my fields ready to be worked at F35+, I think more of the people needing the Frenzics than I.

I have been a Butcher for a very long time, and I have not seen much work pass through my shop unless the VR is throwing me some work. Granted, I could be putting in more effort by paying more attention to the market. I would however love to enter some sort of partnership with someone who wishes to raise animals for me to butcher, and keep me more interested in all this.

As per the Repair Shop. I have the funds to start one, has there been a need for one? It's F5,000, so I don't want to waste coin! Let me know what everyone thinks. If I get a good response, I will open one!