ORP: Bravia Temple

Moderator: Community Team

Rowena

Re: ORP: Bravia Temple

Post by Rowena »

Preparations had begun in earnest at dawn for the weekly Gathering. Small candles and oil lamps spread around the rocks of the arena twinkled in the pre-dawn light. The crisp morning breeze caught the incense of burning herbs and passed the smoky, earthy aroma through the glade.

Taking off her ever-present gloves, Rowena bent and trailed her fingers in the rich earth by the creek bed, rubbing the earth carefully into her pale hands, then smudging a fingerprint of dirt on her forehead. She dipped a wooden cup into the creek and sipped the icy water slowly. Earth. Air. Fire. Water. All were present. Below the crispness of the breeze the Gathering place rippled warmly with Power.

Tucking her hands back into her gloves, the Priestess turned to face the early arrivals to the service. The light chill in the air seemed to hint at the subject matter of today's Gathering. It was time to begin.
As we put away the last of our Fall harvests, we are tempted to ask: why winter? Why this prolonged period of Gray? Weren’t our eyes made for color, our skin for warmth? Why this cold, dreary season when birds abandon us and gardens stop producing their fruits and flowers? What have we done to deserve this? Surely someone has offended the Mages.

Why winter? Because the growing season requires the fallow season. Because without gray there is no joy in color. Because it is loss that makes us appreciate love. Because it is death that makes us value life. The wheel of the seasons turns. Life cycles into death, which cycles into life.

Let us look upon our now colorless fields not with regret for the long quiet months ahead, but with pride at the work we've put into our crops, our past - and future - successful harvests. The soil rests, we rest. In spring we'll both awake, ready for all the activity and industry that the planting season brings.

Let us enjoy this journey, together.
May Ruza reward our patience.
May Jilou bless the growing seasons ahead.
May the Mages light and guide our way.

Peace be with you in the week ahead!
Waves of genuine good-feeling lapped over the people gathered.

The Priestess raised her hands to the sky for a moment, then lowered them palms down and paused. After a moment's reflection, she bowed her head in thanks then walked to meet the Assembled to thank them personally for their attendance.
Eira

Post by Eira »

No, Thank you Priestess Rowena. It was, dare I say.. the best mass I have ever attended. Such a feeling of goodness. I have a feeling it will linger for several days in my tummy. Eira rubbed her stomach and laughed. Necromancers and undead don't really leave that feeling you know. She refereed to Xavier, the priest of her hometown Imperius. I saw a sign that said we could request a blessing of something..? Can I request a blessing? If you have time, of course.
Rowena

Post by Rowena »

"Of course you can! And many thanks for the kind words. What sort of blessing can I offer you?"
Eira

Post by Eira »

Eira held out her hand in which she was holding a bucket. A blessing that this bucket will bring home many mini red oranges for me please! she said with a bright smile looking hopeful.
Rowena

Post by Rowena »

Barely concealing a grin, Rowena carefully accepted the proffered bucket. These were actually the types of blessings she enjoyed the most, knowing as she did that the blessing would be renewed with each use. This particular bucket looked mighty well-loved, which boded well for it's owner!

The Priestess moved to a spot off the path and carefully tamped down the grass and soil to form a small circle a couple hand-spans bigger than the base of the bucket. Soft mumblings could be heard under her breath: "Jilou, Zulakc, Mucaz… Jilou, Zulakc, Mucaz…"

Setting the bucket in the circle's center she stepped back. The air in the circle shimmered with power.

The Priestess drew out a few vials out of her pocket and passed her hand over them with a quick gesture. Tipping the contents of a couple out onto a finger of her glove, she reached down into the bucket and smudged. Straightening up and stepping back out of the circle, she winked at Eira and whispered, "Milk and honey."
Blessing For A Bucket wrote:"Bless this bucket that stands tall,
Bless the person who carries it, withall,
Bless the shed wherein it sits,
Bless each orchard it visits.

Sleep for weariness - peace for sorrow
Faith in yesterday and tomorrow.
For friends who chose this bucket to bear
The blessing of fruit, wherever they fare."
The circle snapped with power but the Priestess reached in unscathed and collected the bucket, holding it aloft.

"Mages, Faithful, bear witness to my blessing! May this bucket be ever-filled and never-empty for it's owner, Eira!"

Blessing completed, the Priestess respectfully offered Eira back her bucket. Though it was not the season for it, the deep sweetness of Eira's favorite orange blossoms seemed to perfume the air...
madkcat

Post by madkcat »

A Nymph like creature of Stone and Gold entered the Town Square.

Finding the Temple of the Faith, he made a loud wail, like the death of a lion, the birth of an eagle.

A bright flash with no sound followed, as the creature turned into a post.
Bravia Faithful, Priestess Rowena, And Council as well
Your presence is requested for a meeting for the betterment of where we dwell
In the Enclave of the Overseer as soon as you can
We meet to discuss the direction and care of the Faithful in Bravia, our land.

Signed this day, Sent by a Nymph of Gaea
MADKCAT, Apostle of Light, Overseer of Bravia
Eira

Post by Eira »

Thank you so much Priestess Rowena! I'll be sure to come back when this one breaks.. As thanks, Eira donated some spare coins to the beggar's fund.
Rowena

Post by Rowena »

Breaking away from the friendly discussions with the neighbors assembled for the weekly Gathering, Rowena finished lighting the candles around the gathering area before sharing her thoughts for the week ahead.
Cutting wood one day I leave a log to rest next to the woodpile. I walk past that log every week and watch it change. Mushrooms grow on it; then fungi and mold; insects come and go. Months go by, and a year or two later and I can no longer tell where it lay. It is the way of nature and the world.

I believe in the forest: Everyone has a job in the forest. Everyone knows its job. The trees and plants grow together in harmony; everyone shares the sun, soil, and water. Everyone follows the rules and respects each other. Seasons come and go, and everyone knows what to do. Leaves fall, and the tiniest creatures recycle them. The animals who live in the forest know their parts. Some eat of the forest while others are eaten. In the end, everyone dies and is recycled anew.

Everything and everyone is needed and does its part: like the forest, our life in Bravia is a true interdependence. I believe in the ways of the forest. I believe in the ways of Bravia.

May the Mages light and guide our way together this week. Peace be with you all!
[OOC: If you are in Bravia please come to the temple after Sunday reset to hear mass. For those of you joining us only here on the forum, masses will be posted after the fact. Thanks for attending! ]
Awena

Post by Awena »

Awena must repay her debt to society before she can obtain a tract of land. The Viceregal Scribe recommended that she do so at the temple; however, Awena was not certain which one. There was the grand cathedral building, and then there was the natural woodsy area. Awena decided to spend some time doing both. Today she would start at the cathedral.

With a cloth, she wipes down all the furniture, dusting. Taking a broom, she uses it to get those high to reach places, like the cob web on the ceiling. Then she sweeps the floor and pushes the dust out the door.

Grabbing a bucket and filling it with water, she returns inside the cathedral. Taking a brush, Awena washes the walls, removing the hand prints. After the wall is finished, she moves to the floor with her brush.

Soon enough, the cathedral would be sparkling from the ceiling to the floor.
Awena

Post by Awena »

Having spent two days working at the temple, Awena walks down to the forest where Priestess Rowena gives mass. At first Awena was not sure that she could do anything to make nature any better. However, she soon saw there was lots to be done. Some inconsiderate people had littered the forest floor with trash!

Awena spends her time picking up other people's mess, as well as clearing leaves from the trail, so people would not become lost in the woods. Finishing early, Awena makes her way to the gathering in time to attend mass herself. Rowena's teaching was inspiring, giving Awena new resolve and courage.

"Thank you, Lady Rowena," Awena says graciously with curtsey before leaving to find the Viceregal Scribe.

On her way back to town, Awena enjoys the beautiful fall forest filled with spirit and magic. Awena imagins that the animals of the forest must be singing with happiness. She thinks perhaps they may be more intelligent than she's ever given them credit for. Awena decides it might be nice to come to mass regularly, even if just to see nature in all its glory.