Moderator: Community Team

Grayson

Re: Mayor's Office

Post by Grayson »

You are most welcome Homnored Mayoress
balerion

Post by balerion »

Thank you again Aishe for all your hard work.

Balerion settles back into his old office and gets started on paperwork.

As promised I have built 2 new towers raising the town defenses to the maximum. The field buyback program has been reinitialized making purchases of all fields at 300F. Know that anyone interested in joining the towne council need only message me to be added. All thoughts and comments are appreciated. In planning is the remaking of the Bravia Towne Leveling Assistance Program and a Towne Festival as frankly its an old tradition of mine to throw one each term.
Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear
Callie

Post by Callie »

Callie, getting more and more worried about her new pet froggie, decides to check with some of her other friends to see if they can help. You see, Callie believes that her friends are nigh invincible, and since they are in her tiny toddler mind, that means they would know answers to things she might not know answers for. With these thoughts swirling around (almost like her curls swirl and twirl around her fingers when she plays with them before drifting off to sleep), Callie goes to see if she can find her dragon friend. After all, she heard he was mayor again in Bravia, and mayors were supposed to be very smart and clever, after all Logo was when he was mayor. And the best place to find a mayor was in his office, so that is exactly where her tiny tubby legs carried her (well, they didn't actually carry her. Can you picture that? Legs carrying something without arms? She just used them to walk to see him, straight into his mayor office). Callie called out almost immediately upon arriving (not immediately you see, she had to open the door and all first); Bwwwwarrrreeeeeoooonnnnn? Callie hewe to see yewwwwww. Yew see Callie? Yew know how Callie can getted petted food? Or corn meal on yew mawket? Callie will come getted some to makeded some petted food iffy yew do. Callie fwoggie need some. Pweeeeeeezeeeeee?
balerion

Post by balerion »

Seeing Callie made Balerion smile. He was lucky to count her as a friend. Callie can getted corn meal in mah market to make petted food. MadinRuah has 23 cups of the sctuf for sales. Why amyboddie putses the corn meal in cups bwefore they sales it I donna tink I will eber understannden.
Shaker of Castles
Aishe
Location: OOC: On RL maternity leave. In retreat IG, checking forums occasionally. Available on discord.

Post by Aishe »

Fellow Bravians!

Guess who's back in Office? You creatures just can't get enough of me. ;)

It's a very nice feeling to be your Mayor once again. Thank you for this fine opportunity. I understand no one ran against me -- which you may think, "Hey, an easy win, why is she thanking us?". I'm thanking you because you trusted me enough not to say, "She's going to ruin the town, we need someone better. I'll run."

I like competition, I encourage people to run. I've tried to get people to run for Mayor before for diversity and an interesting election -- be it against me or not. Yet, knowing no one stood up against me is almost a compliment. So, thank you. I hope to continue your trust as I continue former Mayor Grayson's work on upgrades, Market improvement, and trade, amongst other things.

My biggest goal this term is: activity. When I say activity, I mean several things.
  • Forum activity; as we all know our town forum isn't used very much, which is very disheartening for someone like me -- who loves RP! We've tried a Community RP, which didn't work as well as I hoped. Hopefully, the Town Council and I can figure out how to make our town forum more active. (If you have any ideas, please contact me! I'd love to hear.)
    Tavern activity;
    which has actually been improving, but I don't see as many Bravia City residents as I wish there. Maybe I'll be able to do something about this, though this can be more difficult than forum activity.
    Town activity; this is our town, it's our home. We all care about and we do each have a voice when it comes to our home. This is why we have the Town Council! Through each of my six terms, I've worked hard to keep an active Town Council. At one point, it was rather large with several creatures who helped me with many decisions. Now, to my disappointment, it's rather small and not very active. I do intend to change this. I'm Mayor -- people tell me all the time I can do what I want without needing a Town Council's approval. And I realize (as long as it's legal), this is true. But I would rather have other people's input when making big decisions for our town. For example, did you know the laws that were removed during one of my summer terms was actually voted on by the Town Council? One law I wanted removed didn't get enough yes's and is still in effect! I tell you that you have a voice all the time. I sincerely mean it.
    Market activity; we all have our fields and professions for our own reason. However, sometimes too many people keep their crops to themselves and the Market is deprived of this item, causing me to import from elsewhere. (For example, corn currently.) I don't want to import, I want to export! Make the town money! (Although, I will always import as much as needed, when needed.) I'm hoping to get people to realize the potential money that awaits them with the Market.

Of course, I do have other goals for the term, such as trade and upgrades. As mentioned in my campaign, the Market is in a decent state currently and doesn't need as much work as when previously handed to me, so my usual huge goal isn't so big this time around. (Which is a good thing! A health Market is fantastic.)

I look forward to achieving some of these goals whilst aiming to complete all of them. (Though, this is a lot to get done in a single term, especially since some involve players -- which usually take longer.) Whilst I cannot say if I will run in February yet or not, I will try to get done as much as I can this term with the hopes of February's Mayor continuing my goals, along with his or her own.

Special note:
  • As mentioned, I am looking for creatures to join our Town Council! Anyone who is interested, please contact me. (IG, forum, doesn't matter.) You do not need a political background or any experience of the sort. All I need is a dedicated heart that is full of love for our town. Don't be afraid to ask further questions if you're curious or to simply say yes right away! Every citizen of Bravia City is welcomed. It's your town, come have a say.

Also, if you need something on the Market that isn't present, please let me know! I try to keep the Market as stocked as I can, with the items I see lacking or absent, but I'm not perfect. (Contrary to the rumours. ;) ) If there's something you need, ask me and I'll see what I can do for you. This includes items made by professions -- I will find you an active and honest creature to create what you need.

Thank you all again! If anyone as any comments, questions, or concerns regarding anything at all, don't be afraid to contact me somehow. I look forward to this term.

- Aishe Sanchari -
Mayoress of Bravia City
Aishe Ehsan Sanchari-Kuhlash | Married to Akos | Mother of Dynasties | Mum of 16
♛ Queen Mother of Fenia | The White Wolf | Senator of Bravia🍓
Kralisi Kaer of Boreens Durri Roma (BDR) ☾ Rani Ji Purrana
[Art | Historian ]
Aishe
Location: OOC: On RL maternity leave. In retreat IG, checking forums occasionally. Available on discord.

Post by Aishe »

Akos has temporarily taken Beckiboo's position as Mentor as Becki wished to travel with a friend and take a break. Thank you for your time as Mentor, Becki!
  • Anyone interested in becoming Town Mentor, please contact me! Whilst it's not as time consuming as Mayor, it takes just as much dedication and heart. No experience is needed! If you have questions about the position, let me know and I'll answer them.

Also note that the field recommendation is now: CORN

Have an amazing day!

- Aishe -
Mayoress of Bravia City
Aishe Ehsan Sanchari-Kuhlash | Married to Akos | Mother of Dynasties | Mum of 16
[Art | Historian ]
Aishe

Post by Aishe »

Fellow Bravians!

First, I want to thank everyone for the support and chance to be Mayor again. It's crazy to think this is my SEVENTH term, but I'm very excited. Thank you.

Secondly, please read this message! It may seem somewhat long, but you'll get through it in a blink of the eye.

>> TAVERN & FORUM ACTIVITY <<
My big goal this term is to encourage citizens to use both the tavern and forum more often. Now, I understand why people may shy away from these things. They are too busy, they don't like the noise, they don't enjoy politics, or maybe they are just shy themselves!

Whilst I cannot help busy-ness or noise dislike, I hope I can help with the others.

Firstly, neither of these things are purely political. Yes, you may find politics in the tavern -- creatures do talk about it. And yes, you may see political threads on the forum. But I promise you that there is so much more than just politics!

Have you ever visited either? Talked to the creatures of the land and have a drink with them or post in the forum? If you haven't, you may seriously find the game lacking something. It's called RP. Roleplay is a key component of this game. Give your character a life, a personality, a race! Maybe even family and friends. I promise you, you'll find the game a lot more interesting if you go deeper -- but that involves tavern and/or forum use.

Please, go on and start an RP on the forum! You can place it in the Mysts, Viceregal Bravia Inn, or Bravia City's forum. Wherever you want and do whatever you want! (As long as it follows the rules.) If it's an ORP (Open RP) or you want me to, I'll happily join in and write with you. You may think you aren't the best writer, but I wasn't the best when I started either. Practice will make you better, if you give it a shot!

Also, why not introduce yourself in our Introduction thread? Even if you've lived here a whilst, it'll put you a step closer to getting to know your neighbours.
http://www.secfenia.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=45

Any citizen of Bravia City I catch in the tavern during my visits throughout my term will get an ale or tea. Call it a little extra encouragement. (; But honestly, come and say hello! Sit by the fire and enjoy a good conversation with a stranger or drink with some friends.

Please, I cannot stress the fun that awaits in these two places. The game interface is interesting, Zachrin has done a splendid job. But the forum and tavern make the game.

• For anyone who needs help with creating their character's history and story, don't hesitate to mail me. I will help you!

Any questions, comments, or concerns, please let me know. Expect more mass mails throughout my term on Town updates.

- Aishe Sanchari -
Mayoress of Bravia City

** The above letter has been sent out InGame as a Mass Massage. **
[Art | Historian ]
Aishe

Post by Aishe »

Fellow Bravians!

As some people do not check the Castle daily (though you should try!), I'd like to announce that the election for the next Viceroyal Council has started today!

Both lists have promising politicians and active citizens and it's interesting to see two lists running! Don't forget to cast your vote for the list you support. Every vote does count and you never know -- yours could be the deciding factor!

• To vote:
    Viceroyalty -> Castle -> Vote (Right under the Bravian flag!)

Happy voting!

If anyone has any questions, comments, or concerns, as always, just let me know.

- Aishe -
Mayoress of Bravia City
[Art | Historian ]
balerion

Post by balerion »

Balerion enters his office and cleans some of the cobwebs out of the way. He puts out the standard platter of cookies, the magical ones that know what you want them to taste like, and waits for someone to pop in.
Shaker of Castles
Aishe

Post by Aishe »

Results:
beckiboo
85.71%
Tananda 14.29%
Congratulations on your win into the Mayor Office, Becki.

Here's to a good term ahead of us.

- Aishe -
Viceroy of Bravia
[Art | Historian ]