✿ Orange Blossom Bakery ✿

Moderator: Community Team

Wyllow

Re: ✿ Orange Blossom Bakery ✿

Post by Wyllow »

Entering her shop, she looks around. The fires are out and things are very lacking. Looking about, she takes note of a few things needed changing. Walking to the back, she takes stock of the items in her large pantry. A knock falls on the back door and she pushes it open. Gabriel enters with sacks of flour and begins restocking the depleted stock.

'Thanks Gabriel. How did it go? You had enough to make the trade?' She asks. He nods a reply. 'Yes. Plenty.' He reaches into hes trouser pocket and hands her the left over coins. Taking the coins, she looks it over and was satisfied. 'He also had wood, so I picked up what I thought we needed. The flour is still more than we are used to paying, but I don't think that can be helped.' He offered, then bringing in a few bundles of wood, then stacking the rest outside in the usual place.

'Oh, very nice. Good work!' She smiled, grateful for having a steward that has such a willing and able mind.

Letting Gabriel do what he was hired to do, she moved to the front of the shop to open the doors to begin the new day.
Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

After a good deal of baking, She sets some loaves aside. Smiling she prepares them for market, while the others will go out in her normal shipment.

The special lot of bread she gives instructions to Gabriel. 'These here I want priced low. All the proceeds are being donated.'

Fixing a price tag on some, Gabriel copies what she is doing, adding price tags as well. She marks them at 5.95f each. Sending the young man on his way, she smiles as she watches the cart begin to make its way to the market. Turning to other duties, she begins to work on making a few other things that are needed.
Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

As she entered her shop, she moved to the back. She could hear her steward starting work for the day. She smiled as he turned to greet her as she entered. 'Good morning Gabriel. How are you?' He replied in his normal manner with just a nod. Over the years she had discovered he was a young man having little to say. 'Well, I have to tell you something...' She looked around at the back part of the shop and let out a sigh. 'We will be closing down for a while.' He seemed to stiffen. She knew that he enjoyed working in the bakery, nearly as much as she did. 'Don't worry, you will still have plenty of work.' She smiled.

Gabriel seemed relieved. 'Out front, my cart is laden down with a good many things. My trip went very well. Go ahead and finish up here, then bring all the supplies in and stack them in the front of the store. We can use the bakery as a storage for the next month or so.' Gabriel furrowed his brow a bit so she continued on. 'Make sure you leave all the wheat on the cart. We will be unloading that down at Old Jaspers Mill.' She grinned, but he wasn't following. 'I bought it. I figured.. why not. It will also give us some other skill experiences.' She moved closer to see what it was he was working on. 'Oh, let me finish that. Go ahead and unload all that butter. Oh, and load up all these sacks of potatoes. I just hope the mash turn out ok from all of them. This is going to be interesting.. But, considering all the sweet corn on the market that people can eat, bread can be on the back burner for now.

Having removed his apron and exited, she donned her own and finished tending to the work he had begun. By the time she was finished he was done loading up all the potatoes. She walked with him out of the bakery, after collecting items to put on the market. She gave him directions to where the new.. old mill was and he was off. Putting a closed sign in the window, she walked with a large basket full of things to the market.
Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

Opening the door, the dusty think air stirred. She couldn't believe four weeks had passed. She felt a chill to the room as she entered in. The fireplace was bare. Moving into the room, the door swung shut. She looked to the small piled of wood and settled to make a fire. It seemed the summer months were in the midst's of changing into fall, and somehow that made her sad a little. She enjoyed the warmth the summer always seemed to provide. Fall had it's enjoyable qualities, of course, she just needed to adjust.

After a fire was made, she began to move about, dusting and cleaning things off. After working in a mill for the past near month, it would be nice to be back in a place she could consider to be clean. Mills were dusty and .. dirty. A broom could only do so much.

Heading into the back, where the kitchen was.. she cleaned and polished windows... checked over her open faced ovens and started a fire below. Having been to the market, she knew that the quicker she got to baking, the better.. And if she had to be honest, bread was something that made her happy and content. Her hands could work and she could let her mind wander to places of long ago.

A little hum escaped her as she cleaned. As of late, she had been feeling the stresses of working in a mill. She hadn't been able to hunt in a long time and it was effecting her greatly. Her mood had considerably darkened .. and probably hit a new low. I really need a hunt soon. She thought to herself. Maybe tonight.. She thought about sneaking off later.. Tuv wouldn't mind, would he?
Wyllow

Re: ✿ Orange Blossom Bakery ✿ Feed the Hungry Sale!

Post by Wyllow »

After completing the Phoenix Event, she found herself taking in orders here and there for others that needed items to also finish the event. But as those orders slowed, she turned her focus on market needs and the thought about the end of the year approaching. Turning to Gabriel, she placed her hands on her hips.

You know? I think we need to clear this back stock out. Lets have a sale.

Taking a piece of parchment, she wrote on it, then displayed it in the window. It read as follows:
Feed the Hungry Sale!
For a limited time Get Bread at 3.95f per loaf for a fraction of the price each!!
Hurry now and share a meal with a peasant at a wonderful discount!
while supplies last-
Last edited by Wyllow on Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

Adjusting her price, she offers a one day sale....
Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

Glancing at the market, she talks with her steward. Tomorrow, we are going to need these items here. She pointed at the list, then walked over to their storage area. Hmm, I didn't realize we were low on that. I will see what I can do. She wrote down a few notes..
Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

She made her way silently to her Bakery. It was closed up tightly.
She wondered about her Steward for the first time then. She wondered where he was.. Under the circumstances, she could completely understand.
Finding a spare key, she opened the back door and let herself in. Dust was everywhere. That wasn't unusual, it was a bakery after all, but it wasn't flour dust. She frowned a little... She then made her way to a large cabinet. At the base and towards the back a small drawer could be found by feeling the difference in the wood. With instinct and a bit of muscle memory, she found it. The drawer, she wiggled and it moved freely finally, so that she may peer inside before removing some coins and closing it once more.

Slipping out of the bakery, she was glad to see everything seemed fine and in good repair. She placed the key in its hiding spot and moved towards the market.
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

He was there to greet the couple as they arrived at the house. Wyllow instructed items to be sorted as it came off the wagon. He then knew what to do without even being told...

Loading up the items on his own small wagon, he took them to her Bakery to be unloaded and added to the markets available wares. He also assumed that there would be a need to get the mill up and working for the day as they had little or no flour.. but plenty bags of wheat harvested in the ladies absence.

It did not take long for things go get in order and to put the wheat to grinding. By morning, he would have the shops clean and ready for her to work. He closed up for the night and took to his residence that was attacked to the back side of the bakery. It was small, but it was cozy and perfect for a steward.
balerion

Post by balerion »

Balerion wasn't supposed to be in Bravia. Supposedly he had committed some crime or other. He still was convinced that other people would do better not to attack him. All the same he had heard great things about some bakery or other and he was intent on finding it. Since he couldn't be caught he had decided he needed to go in disguise. An eyepatch, pirate hat, and parrot completed his outfit. No one would ever guess that it was him. Brazenly he walked down the street looking for a bakery. He inhaled and followed his nose. A few peasants screamed when they saw him but he assumed his outfit was the cause. It must be working.

His nose led him to a beautiful little place. It would have to be little as it was for humans but he thought he could just barely fit his head inside. He tried not to knock too hard and just avoided splintering the wood. Anyone home? I'd like one very large pie please. Or perhaps several normal pies arranged in a nice pattern if your oven isn't big enough.
Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear