Temple of Paz

Moderator: Community Team

Gawain

Re: Temple of Paz

Post by Gawain »

The Future

The future belongs to those of you who are willing to build it.
But you can’t build your future in the future.
You have to build it now.

The more ambitious your dreams, the sooner you must start working in making them real.
The future is yours. Start today to make it exactly how you want it to be.

Blessings to all.
Willow

Post by Willow »

Cat and Dog were Friends = Hey diddle diddle

Once upon a time in a fairy tale land a cat and a dog were friends. One night, the cat invited the dog for a party at his house.

The cat played the fiddle. The dog happily clapped his hands. Suddenly, they saw a cow flying in the sky. It jumped over the moon. The dog laughed. Just then, they saw a dish and a spoon from the party running away together. And they laughed even louder. After that they became the best friends.

Moral of the story :

Enemies could also become good friends.

Blessings my friends
Willow

Post by Willow »

Cat is in the Well.

Once upon a time, there was a very useful little cat. The cat killed all the mice in the farmer’s barn.

One day, a little boy called Johnny Green wanted to play with the cat. Johnny played rough. He even tried to drown the cat in a well. The cat was terrified. It cried for help.

A little boy called Tommy Stout was walking near the well. He heard the cat's cry from inside the well. He went to the well and quickly pulled the cat out. The cat was very happy.

Moral of the story :

Avoid becoming a bully. Be helpful and kind to animals. Then only you will not be bullied in the future and your life will be happy and peaceful.

Blessings my friends
Gawain

Post by Gawain »

7 Principles To Live By For A Great Life

A reasonable life can be achieved by anyone. An OK life, an OK job, OK relationships - anyone can have these. If you want a great life, you must commit to it. Doing things, the majority do not do. Commit to thinking like the minority, not the majority.

Here are 7 principles to live by for an abundant, happy, successful life:

1. One day you will be gone.
Maybe in 50 years, maybe in fifty weeks, maybe next week, or even today. Nobody knows. And rather than live in fear of this, we should embrace the fact that this life is short, and unpredictable. Knowing this, we must live fully today. Give your all, your very best today. In everything you do, give your greatest energy to your family, to everyone you encounter today. It is a reminder for you to live your best self in each moment. What if tomorrow you'll be gone? What would they speak of you? What can you do that will leave a lasting, positive memory in the lives of everyone you come into contact with? Be light hearted, knowing that in the end, none of this stuff matters. The only thing that ever matters, is how you made others feel, and how you felt.

2. There is nothing you cannot be, do or have
If there has been someone, even one person in this planet that done it before, that means: you can too. It doesn't mean it will be easy, but it does mean, it is possible. As long as it is possible, you can work towards it. You can make a plan. Learn what needs to be done your craziest, most abundant life.

3. Nothing is worth it, if it doesn't make you happy
If it doesn't a) make you happy, or b) make you better, dont make time for it. It means if it doesn't make you happy now while you are doing it, or if it isn't going to make you happy as a result of doing it, it most likely is not worth it. Almost anything worth fighting for is going to require a real fight to win a great prize. You will have to sacrifice for almost anything worthwhile in this life. But you should ask yourself this question about everything you do in your life: Does this make me happy?

If the answer is no, ask yourself, will this sacrifice I am making, lead to more happiness in the long term? If no, you should let it go.

4. Be yourself
Always. No exceptions. The only way you can live happy in this life, the only way you can be successful, is if you be you. You will never be truly happy in life if you are constantly doing things to please others, to compete with others, or to be like another. You are unique, and that is your greatest gift. When you follow your own path, regardless if that fits in with others, you open up space for great things to enter your life. Compare yourself to noone, compete with no other. Make your own decisions, and it will lead to your greatest life.

5. Everything you need is already within you
In this world, we see endless examples of people who seemingly have it all. But they are empty. Things will never complete you. Other people will never complete you. There is a saying: Needing nothing attracts everything. When you come from a place of needing nothing, of seeking nothing outside yourself to make you happy, you open up space for more amazing things to come in your life. Happiness is a state of mind, it is the highest level of success. Do what feels good, the rest will follow.

6. There is no room for toxic people
Sorrounding yourself with negative people is the worst things you can do if you want to live a great and happy life. Unfortunately not everyone including families and friends will share the same positive energy you have. Some will take a while, some might never get there. Let them run their own race, while you focus on living your own happiness. Those who are truly aligned with you will never hold you back from living the life you want to live.

7. Whatever you focus on, you will find
If you search for negativity in this world, you will find plenty of it. The same is true on the flip side. If your only intention is to search for the good, you will find only the good. Whatever meaning you give your life, becomes your life. It can be a failure, or a lesson. Heartbreak, or character building. Life is against you, or making you stronger. Because there is no such thing as reality. We choose our own reality by the meaning we give each moment in our lives. Make your intention to look for the good in your life, to notice the good in others, to be grateful for everything you have, to see challenges as opportunities to show your true character.

Practice seeing the good in your life, think the best, expect the best, and always ask yourself, how can this benefit my life?

Leave who you were, love who you are, and look forward to who you will become.

Blessings to all!
Willow

Post by Willow »

This is bound to happen

Once a highly successful businessman, running a health insurance company was getting ready to go to his office. When he reached into his car and opened a door, a stray dog sleeping under his car suddenly came out and bit on his leg! The businessman got very angry and quickly picked up a few rocks and threw at the dog but none hit the dog. The dog ran away.

Upon reaching his office, the businessman calls a meeting of his managers and during the meeting he puts the anger of dog on them. The managers also get upset by the anger of their boss and they put their anger to the employees working under them. The chain of this reaction keeps going till the lower level of employees and finally, the anger reaches to the office person.

Now, there was no one working under the person! So, after the office time is over, he reaches his home, and wife opens the door. She asked him, “Why are you so late today?” The person upset due to anger threw at him by the staff, gives one slap to his wife! And says, “I didn’t go to the office to play football, I went to work so don’t irritate me with your stupid questions!”

So, now the wife got upset that she got a scolding plus a slap for no reason. She puts her anger on his son who was watching tv and give him a slap, “This is all you do, you have no interest in studying! Turn off the TV now!”

The son gets upset now! He walks out of his house and sees a dog passing by looking at him. He picks up a rock and hits the dog in his anger and frustration. The dog, getting hit by a rock, runs away barking in pain.

This was the same dog that bit the businessman early morning.

Moral: This was bound to happen. Reap as one has sown. This is how the life works. While we all worry about hell and heaven based on our deeds, we should concentrate more on how we are living and behaving. Do good, Good will come, Do Wrong, Wrong will come.

Blessings
Gawain

Post by Gawain »

This Too Shall Pass

Once a king called upon all of his wise men and asked them, “Is there a mantra or suggestion which works in every situation, in every circumstances, in every place and in every time. In every joy, every sorrow, every defeat and every victory? One answer for all questions? Something which can help me when none of you is available to advise me? Tell me is there any advice?”

All the wise men were puzzled by the King’s question. They thought and thought. After a lengthy discussion, an old man suggested something which appealed to all of them. They went to the king and gave him something written on paper, with a condition that the king was not to see it out of curiosity. Only in extreme danger, when the King finds himself alone and there seems to be no way, only then he can see it. The King put the unread message in the secret compartment in his Diamond ring.

Some time later, the neighbours attacked the Kingdom. King and his army fought bravely but lost the battle. The King had to flee on his horse. The enemies were following him. getting closer and closer. Suddenly the King found himself standing at the end of the road – that road was not going anywhere. Underneath there was a rocky valley thousand feet deep. If he jumped into it, he would be finished…and he could not return because it was a small road… the sound of enemy’s horses was approaching fast. The King became restless. There seemed to be no way.

Then suddenly he saw the Diamond in his ring shining in the sun, and he remembered the message hidden in the ring. He opened the ring's compartment and read the message. The message was- “THIS TOO SHALL PASS”

The King read it . Again read it. Suddenly something struck him – Yes ! This too will pass. Only a few days ago, I was enjoying my kingdom. I was the mightiest of all the Kings. Yet today, the Kingdom and all his pleasure have gone. I am here trying to escape from enemies. Like those days of luxuries have gone, this day of danger too will pass. A calm came on his face. He kept standing there. The place where he was standing was full of natural beauty. He had never known that such a beautiful place was also a part of his Kingdom.

The revelation of the message had a great effect on him. He relaxed and forgot about those following him. After a few minutes he realized that the noise of the horses and the enemy coming was receding. They moved into some other part of the mountains and were near him.

The King was very brave. He reorganized his army and fought again. He defeated the enemy and regained his empire. When he returned to his empire after victory, he was received with much fanfare. The whole capital was rejoicing in the victory. Everyone was in a festive mood. Flowers were being showered on King from every house, from every corner. People were dancing and singing. For a moment King said to himself,” I am one of the bravest and greatest King. It is not easy to defeat me. With all the reception and celebration he saw an ego emerging in him.

Suddenly the Diamond of his ring flashed in the sunlight and reminded him of the message. He open it and read it again: “THIS TOO SHALL PASS”.

He became silent. His face went through a total change- from the egoist he moved to a state of utter humbleness. If this too is going to pass, it is not yours.

The defeat was not yours, the victory is not yours. You are just a watcher. Everything passes by. We are witnesses of all this. We are the perceivers. Life comes and goes. Happiness comes and goes. Sorrow comes and goes.

Now as you have read this story, just sit silently and evaluate your own life. This too will pass. Think of the moments of joy and victory in your life. Think of the moment of Sorrow and defeat. Are they permanent ? They all come and pass away.

Life just passes away. There is nothing permanent in this world. Every thing changes except the law of change. Think over it from your own perspective. You have seen all the changes. You have survived all setbacks, all defeats and all sorrows. All have passed away. The problems in the present, they too will pass away. Because nothing remains forever. Joy and sorrow are the two faces of the same coin. They both will pass away.

You are just a witness of change. Experience it, understand it, and enjoy the present moment – this too shall pass!

Blessings to all!
Willow

Post by Willow »

Honesty is the Best Policy

A milkman became very wealthy through dishonest means. He had to cross a river daily to reach the city where his customers lived. He mixed the water of the river generously with the milk that he sold for a good profit. One day he went around collecting the dues in order to celebrate the wedding of his son. With the large amount thus collected he purchased plenty of rich clothes and glittering gold ornaments. But while crossing the river the boat capsized and all his costly purchases were swallowed by the river. The milk vendor was speechless with grief. At that time he heard a voice that came from the river, “Do not weep. What you have lost is only the illicit gains you earned through cheating your customers.

MORAL : Honest dealings are always supreme. Money earned by wrong methods will never remain for ever.

Blessings to you all.
Gawain

Post by Gawain »

The Elephant Rope

As a man was passing the elephants, he suddenly stopped, confused by the fact that these huge creatures were being held by only a small rope tied to their front leg. No chains, no cages. It was obvious that the elephants could, at anytime, break away from their bonds but for some reason, they did not.

He saw a trainer nearby and asked why these animals just stood there and made no attempt to get away. “Well,” trainer said, “when they are very young and much smaller we use the same size rope to tie them and, at that age, it’s enough to hold them. As they grow up, they are conditioned to believe they cannot break away. They believe the rope can still hold them, so they never try to break free.”

The man was amazed. These animals could at any time break free from their bonds but because they believed they couldn’t, they were stuck right where they were.

Like the elephants, how many of us go through life hanging onto a belief that we cannot do something, simply because we failed at it once before?

Failure is part of learning; we should never give up the struggle in life.

Blessings to all.
Gawain

Post by Gawain »

Sunday's Mass:

The Chinese farmer

There is a story of a Chinese farmer who had an horse for tilling his fields. One day the horse escaped into the hills and, when all the farmer's neighbours sympathised with the old man over his bad luck, the farmer replied, 'Bad luck? Good luck? Who knows?'

A week later the horse returned with a herd of wild horses from the hills and this time the neighbours congratulated the farmer on his good luck. His reply was, 'Good luck? Bad luck? Who knows?'

Then, when the farmer's son was attempted to tame one of the wild horses, he fell off its back and broke his leg. Everyone thought this very bad luck. Not the farmer, whose only reaction was, 'Bad luck? Good luck? Who knows?'

Some weeks later the army marched into the village and conscripted every able-bodied youth they found there. When they saw the farmer's son with his broken leg they let him off. Now was that good luck? Bad luck? Who knows?

Blessings to all.
Gawain

Post by Gawain »

Today's Mass:

A Pound of Butter

There was a farmer who sold a pound of butter to a baker. One day the baker decided to weigh the butter to see if he was getting the right amount, which he wasn’t. Angry about this, he took the farmer to court.

The judge asked the farmer if he was using any measure to weight the butter. The farmer replied, “Your Honour, I am primitive. I don’t have a proper measure, but I do have a scale.”

The judge asked, “Then how do you weigh the butter?”

The farmer replied;

“Your Honour, long before the baker started buying butter from me, I have been buying a pound loaf of bread from him. Every day when the baker brings the bread, I put it on the scale and give him the same weight in butter. If anyone is to be blamed, it is the baker.”

Moral of the story: In life, you get what you give. Don’t try and cheat others.

Blessings to all.