Post by Willow »

Missing

I've hunted near, I've hunted far
I even looked inside my car.
I've lost my glasses, I'm in need,
To have them now so I can read.
I loudly swearj and I curse
Did I leave them in my purse?
Are they behind the sofa, under the bed?
Oh there they are - on my head!

Blessings to everyone that loses their glasses
Gawain

Re: Temple of Paz

Post by Gawain »

Life: It is about the gift not the package it comes in.

Life is a journey and not a destination... the heart must be set upon those matters of character which are eternal and not upon those matters of sensation which pass away.

Life is just like a big puzzle but you can't look at it and focus, you've just got to close your eyes and let it come together.

Blessings to all.
Gawain

Post by Gawain »

What’s More Important? The Cup Or The Coffee?

A group of alumni, well established in their lives and careers, got together to visit their old university professor. The conversation soon turned into complaints about stress in work and life. Offering his guests coffee, the professor went to the kitchen and returned with a large pot of coffee and an assortment of cups – porcelain, plastic, glass, crystal, some plain-looking, some expensive, and some exquisite – telling them to help themselves to the coffee.

After all the students had a cup of coffee in hand, the professor said: “If you noticed, all the nice looking expensive cups were taken up, leaving behind the plain and cheap ones. While it is normal for you to want only the best for yourselves, that is the source of your problems and stress.” “Be assured that the cup itself adds no quality to the coffee. In most cases, it’s just more expensive and in some cases even hides what we drink.

What all of you really wanted was coffee, not the cup, but you consciously went for the best cups & and then began eyeing each other’s cups.”

“Now consider this: Life is the coffee. The jobs, houses, cars, things, money and position in society are the cups. They are just used to hold and contain life. The type of cup we have does not define nor change the quality of life we live.

Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee that Life has provided us.” Life brews the coffee, not the cups... enjoy your coffee. Being happy doesn’t mean everything’s perfect. It means you’ve decided to see beyond the imperfections. Live in peace and peace will live in you.

Blessings to all.
Gawain

Post by Gawain »

Don’t leave anything for tomorrow. If you need to do something..do it today, do it NOW! Cherish those special ones that you have in your life… those who are waiting to hear your voice… those who are longing for your company. Don’t take anything that you have in your life for granted because what you have today might not be yours tomorrow. Sometimes life grants you special wishes and brings special things your way but if you don’t appreciate that then it might not be with you for a long time. Appreciate what you have while you have it because there is always someone waiting to pick it up where you left.

Blessings to all.
Gawain

Post by Gawain »

"Circle Of Life"

From the day we arrive on the planet
And, blinking, step into the sun
There's more to be seen
Than can ever be seen
More to do than can ever be done

Some say, "Eat or be eaten."
Some say, "Live and let live."
But all are agreed
As they join the stampede
You should never take more than you give

In the circle of life
It's the wheel of fortune
It's the leap of faith
It's the band of hope
'Til we find our place
On the path unwinding
In the circle, the circle of life

Some of us fall by the wayside
And some of us soar to the stars
And some of us sail through our troubles
And some have to live with the scars

There's far too much to take in here
More to find than can ever be found
But the sun rolling high through the sapphire sky
Keeps great and small on the endless round

In the circle of life
It's the leap of faith
It's the band of hope
'Til we find our place
On the path unwinding

It's the leap of faith
It's the band of hope
'Til we find our place
On the path unwinding

On the path unwinding

Blessings to all.
Willow

Post by Willow »

The meaning of Love

To love is to share life together,
to build special plans just for two,
to work side by side,
and then smile with pride,
as one by one, dreams all come true.

To love is to help and encourage
with smiles and sincere words of praise,
to take time to share,
to listen and care
in tender, affectionate ways.

To love is to have someone special,
one on whom you can always depend
to be there through the years,
sharing laughter and tears,
as a partner, a lover, a friend.

To love is to make special memories
of moments you love to recall,
of all the good things
that sharing life brings.
Love is the greatest of all.

I've learned the full meaning
of sharing and caring
and having my dreams all come true;
I've learned the full meaning
of being in love
by being and loving with you.

Blessings to you all.
Gawain

Post by Gawain »

The Carpenter

Once upon a time, two brothers who lived on adjoining farms fell into conflict. It was the first serious rift in 40 years of farming side-by-side, sharing machinery and trading labor and goods as needed without a hitch.

Then the long collaboration fell apart. It began with a small misunderstanding and it grew into a major difference and finally, it exploded into an exchange of bitter words followed by weeks of silence.

One morning there was a knock on John's door. He opened it to find a man with a carpenter's toolbox. "I'm looking for a few days' work," he said. "Perhaps you would have a few small jobs here and there I could help with? Could I help you?"

"Yes," said the older brother. "I do have a job for you. Look across the creek at that farm. That's my neighbor. In fact, it's my younger brother! Last week there was a meadow between us. He recently took his bulldozer to the river levee and now there is a creek between us. Well, he may have done this to spite me, but I'll do him one better. See that pile of lumber by the barn? I want you to build me a fence an 8-foot fence -- so I won't need to see his place or his face anymore."

The carpenter said, "I think I understand the situation. Show me the nails and the post-hole digger and I'll be able to do a job that pleases you."

The older brother had to go to town, so he helped the carpenter get the materials ready and then he was off for the day. The carpenter worked hard all that day -- measuring, sawing and nailing. About sunset when the farmer returned, the carpenter had just finished his job.

The farmer's eyes opened wide, his jaw dropped. There was no fence there at all.

It was a bridge .. A bridge that stretched from one side of the creek to the other! A fine piece of work, handrails and all! And the neighbor, his younger brother, was coming toward them, his hand outstretched..

"You are quite a fellow to build this bridge after all I've said and done."

The two brothers stood at each end of the bridge, and then they met in middle, taking each other's hand. They turned to see the carpenter hoist his toolbox onto his shoulder.

"No, wait! Stay a few days. I've a lot of other projects for you," said the older brother.
"I'd love to stay on," the carpenter said, "but I have many more bridges to build."

Blessings to you all.
Gawain

Post by Gawain »

Cycle of Deeds

here was once a king who was so cruel and unjust that his subjects yearned for his death or dethronement. However, one day he surprised them all by announcing that he had decided to turn over a new leaf.

“No more cruelty, no more injustice,” he promised, and he was as good as his word. He became known as the ‘Gentle Monarch’. Months after his transformation one of his ministers plucked up enough courage to ask him what had brought about his change of heart.

And the king answered, “As I was galloping through my forests I caught sight of a fox being chased by a hound. The fox escaped into his hole but not before the hound had bitten into its leg and lamed it for life. Later I rode into a village and saw the same hound there. It was barking at a man. Even as I watched, the man picked up a huge stone and flung it at the dog, breaking its leg. The man had not gone far when he was kicked by a horse. His knee was shattered and he fell to the ground, disabled for life. The horse began to run but it fell into a hole and broke its leg. Reflecting on all that had happened, I thought: ‘Evil begets evil. If I continue in my evil ways, I will surely be overtaken by evil’. So I decided to change”.

The minister went away convinced that the time was ripe to overthrow the king and seize the throne. Immersed in thought, he did not see the steps in front of him and fell, breaking his neck.

Moral: Cycle of Deeds always gives us back what we give to others. If we do good to others, our good will happen, If we do bad to others, our turn will also come.

Blessings to all.
Gawain

Post by Gawain »

The house with the golden windows

Once upon a time, a little girl lived in a small, very simple and poor house in a valley. As time passed she would play in the small garden and as she grew she was able to see over the garden fence and across the valley to a wonderful house high on a hill almost to a mountaintop. And this house had shiny, golden windows, so golden and shiny that the little girl would dream of how magical it would be to grow up and live in a house with shiny, sparkly, golden windows instead of an ordinary, thatched-roof and obviously simple house like the one she lived in.

And although she loved her family, she yearned to live in such a shiny, sparkly, golden home and so she dreamed all day about how wonderful and exciting it must feel to live there.

When she got to an age where she gained enough skill and sensibility to go outside her garden fence, she asked her mother if she could go for a walk outside the gate and up the lane. After pleading with her mother, she was finally permitted to venture out while her mother insisted that she keep close to the house because her mother didn't want her to wander too far.

The day was beautiful and the little girl knew exactly where she wanted to go! So, with excitement and a skip in her gait, she sauntered on the cobblestone path and across the valley and then up the lane until she arrived at the gate of the shiny, sparkly, golden home atop the hill.

Briefly, she turned her head back and focused on the path which led to this fancy home and then on what she thought was the fancy house itself...and was so disappointed as she realized that all the windows were plain and rather dirty, reflecting nothing other than the sad neglect of the house that stood derelict. How could it have seemed so glitzy from afar and now look so rundown from this close vantage point?

Feeling disappointed, she didn't go any farther. She turned around with a heavy heart and commenced her journey homeward. As she glanced up she saw a sight which amazed her...there across the way on her side of the valley was a little house and its windows glistened a shiny golden hue as the sun shone on her little home.

She realized that she had been living in her golden house and all the love and care she found there was what made her house the 'golden home'. Everything she dreamed of was right there in front of her nose! She scurried home happily with a new attitude of being thankful for what she had.

Blessings to all.
Gawain

Post by Gawain »

Friendship

A person who will listen and not condemn
Someone on whom you can depend
They will not flee when bad times are here
Instead they will be there to lend an ear
They will think of ways to make you smile
So you can be happy for a while
When times are good and happy there after