Gawain's home

Moderator: Community Team

Gawain

Gawain's home

Post by Gawain »

Gawain had been working in his corn field. He walked into his home and had something to eat then he went back outside and sat on a bench out in his garden, looking out over towards the lake.

Having spent sometime sitting in his garden, Gawain now walks over to pick up some logs from his wood pile. He then goes back inside his home and adds some to the fire that is already burning, and starts sweeping his floors.

(ooc: edit to fix image link only)
Last edited by Gawain on Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Katie

Re: Gawain's home

Post by Katie »

Smiling warmly, Katie knocked two times on Cousin Gawain's front door. (She was given his home address while shopping at the Paz market. She knew it was rude to drop by without an official invitation, but in the past he told her to visit him if she were to come to Paz.) After another rat-a-tat-tat knock of his front door, Katie then lifted a miller's baking towel off her basket revealing a beautifully delicious apple cinnamon pie made especially for her cousin.

She place the towel over the scrumptious pie once again as she shivered due to the snowy, yet sunny day.
banner by Aida j'Otun
Gawain

Post by Gawain »

Hearing a couple of knocks on his front door, Gawain goes to open it and gets a pleasant surprise as he sees that it is Katie. He had mentioned to her in the past that she could visit him whenever she came to Paz, so she had a kind of open invitation.

He smiles warmly and hugs his cousin (-in-law, via his cousin Tuvoria's marriage to Katie's sister Wyllow)."Hello Cousin. Its great to see you again. Welcome to my home! Come on in! "

He steps to one aside so that she can enter.
Katie

Post by Katie »

Surveying Her cousin and smiling once again, Katie gladly entered his home while enjoying the warmth offered by the fire crackling and popping. She pulled her cloak's hood down and offered the basket to her cousin after giving him a warm hug.

"This is a little something for you. I hope you like Apple Pie. I made it at my miller's shop in Bravia City specially for you. Last but not least, did I pick a convenient time for a little visit with you?"

Glancing around Gawain's inviting home, she eyed some fresh fried chicken set on his table. "Oh! Are you expecting company or preparing to eat?"
banner by Aida j'Otun
Gawain

Post by Gawain »

Gawain takes the offered basket and looks inside.

"Thank you, this looks and smells delicious! I love apple pie, in fact I like all kinds of sweet things, I have a bit of a sweet tooth!"

He smiles at his cousin again.

"Some of that is for me later, i wasn't expecting company but gjadyou came. the rest is for market and i have just made bacon as well in my butcher's' shop."

He smiles, as he puts the basket in his kitchen, then gestures to some armchairs by the fire.

"Let's sit by the fire, would you like some tea and something to eat?"
Katie

Post by Katie »

Delighted to learn he was not expecting company, she grinned as she watched him place the basket in the kitchen.

Following his lead to the seating area by the hearth, Katie removed her cloak and feeling more at ease, she replied as she took a seat
"Hot tea? I would love some."

She removed her mittens and held her cold hands out toward the flames in the fireplace which were licking and flicking upward in a rhythmic dance. She felt very welcomed here she mused.
banner by Aida j'Otun
Gawain

Post by Gawain »

Gawain smiled and nodded.

"Great! I'll make some."

He turned towards a bucket of water he had nearby, filed the kettle from it and set it to boil over the hearth, and takes a seat near her to whilst awaiting it to boil.

"So..how have you been? Are you in town for long? Perhaps I could show you around it later."
Katie

Post by Katie »

Suddenly Katie burst out in a hearty yet soft giggle in response to Gawain. To quelch the soft laughter, she pulled back her warm hands and clasped them together upon her lap. Gaining control, she composed herself and replied, "Firstly, I would love a quick tour of town after our tea because I will have to pack today for my journey homeward. Tomorrow is a big day; I leave for Bravia City bright and early."

"As for me, all is going very well, thank you. I love my job as Deaconess of the Bravia City Holy Cathedral and I am assisting with Council this term. I feel blessed with a great family," she beamed with pride upon thinking of the family."What more could I ask for? The Mages are so good!"

"On another subject, have you heard how Wyl and Tuv are doing these days? I really must visit them very soon because I haven't heard from them for a while."
She watched as Gawain prepared the tea.
banner by Aida j'Otun
Gawain

Post by Gawain »

Gawain smiled warmly.

"Then lets do that after we've had tea. Perhaps we could start with Paz's Cathedral seeing as we are both serving our towns as Deacons. We will also see each other in Council chambers as I've served on Council for many terms including this one."

Seeing that the kettle has now boiled, he immediately busies himself making the tea. He brings the cups, saucers and plates with a piece each of the apple pie that Katie had brought.

"I've not heard from Tuv and Wyl in a while either, but when I last heard from either of them sometime ago, they were both fine. When my time as mayor is over, I am thinking of taking a trip to catch up with you all and to do some strawberry picking. It may be awhile yet though as our usual mayor is out of town."

(ooc: edit to fix image link only)
Last edited by Gawain on Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Katie

Post by Katie »

As Katie nodded in agreement, she wondered what may have happened to Gawain's wife? She dared not ask, but she noted his wife must have been gone a while since he was so competent as a host. Life was probably lonely for him or perhaps he had made adjustments by now? She simply knew he was a very nice man and she felt thankful he was a part of her family now.

Her mind turned to a missive she had received shortly before arriving at Gawain's home. While he worked, she pulled it from her satchel and opened it. The letter was from Priestess Alexandria. As she read the letter she was quite surprised to learn Priestess Alexandria had become Overseer and that Katie was now Priestess of the Bravia City Holy Cathedral. Katie read it once more with surprise, allowing all the news to soak in.

As she folded and placed the missive in her satchel, she heard Gawain mention taking a trip to Bravia City to pick some strawberries and then admit it may be a while...
"Cousin Gawain? Why would you have to wait for Paz's mayor to return before going to Bravia City for a visit?" Her dark brown eyes became fixed on his every move as she helped him arrange everything on the table. " Would you like me to bless our pie and tea refreshments or would you like to do it?"
Last edited by Katie on Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
banner by Aida j'Otun