There and back again. A visit to Bravia City.

Moderator: Community Team

VillowVonVald

There and back again. A visit to Bravia City.

Post by VillowVonVald »

Notes from a journey from Paz to Bravia city (and back again).

Day one: With the wheat planted I took of early in the morning. A lovely spring day with a few high clouds keeping it from gettin too hot.

In the afternoon I spotted some Zyrks and approached them. They were quite nice and we had a long chat. I asked if they minded the way many people hunt Yvyrms and Zyrks indiscriminately. It turns out they do mind the Zyrk hunting a bit, but dont care at all about the Yvyrms; "All they are good for is fighting and making babies" as one of them said. Asking further about this I learned that Zyrks cannot make babies unless they have danced in the water with an Yvyrm, Apparently they are the same species even though they do not look very alike. Well many species have that kind of gender differences, Zyrks/Yvyrms just have them a bit more. I had brought several fish from the Paz Lake and we shared some for an early dinner, they quite appreciated that. Then I had to move on to reach Bravia in time for the new day.

Day 2: Bravia is BIG. On my first morning there I found a gilet on the market. First torso covering I have ever had, comfortable and it seems to be a lot more durable than the mini-pants I have from PAZ. I picked strawberries all day and it did not degrade at all. Maybe there are durable pants somewhere too.
Picking strawberries is harder than I expected, I only found 2 boxes on that first day, and you get very tired in hips and back from all that bending down. Hopefully I will become better at it with some practice. It was the same with fishing in the beginning, but lately I have been getting better catches fishing the Paz lake.
I put the 6 fish I still had on the Bravia Market hoping prices would be a lot better here where people cannot catch fish for themselves.

Day 3: Not a whole lot better it seems, not a single fish got sold on that first day, so I re-posted my fish @ 13f instead of 14f and that helped, in the afternoon all my fish were sold, and still with a better price than I would have gotten in Paz. It seems food prices are generally higher in the big city, so for my own eating I bought food 'to go' from Logo at the tavern. I was still stiff after the day of picking strawberries, so I took a job milking somebodys cows, Salaries seem slightly higher here, but only slightly. Not worth going after, just for that.

Day 4: Another strawberry day, and I did not get quite as tired. Then again, once more I only managed to pick 2 boxes. Tomorrow can be a strawberry day too, Then I will have to go home, to get my wheat field harvested. Maybe I should leave the field fallow for a week or two after that, these strawberries are great and help with the charisma that I badly need, but 6 days are just not enough time for cost-effective strawberry picking, loosing 2 days to traveling with each trip.

Day 5: Found a solid oak staff on the marked for only 50 f. It will make a good weapon and be useful as a walking stick too. Maybe I should put a bend on the end of it so it looks like a shepherds crook instead of a weapon. Less likely to provoke a fight. In my book avoiding a fight is better than winning one, every time.
It would work better with a quarterstaff though. My oak staff dont really have the length. Again only 2 boxes picked. Hard to build a surplus economy this way.
Ah, well. tomorrow I go home.

Day 6: Paz here I come. More charming than ever before ;-))

love Villow