[CRP] Search for the Peryton

Moderator: Community Team

SaelaV90

[CRP] Search for the Peryton

Post by SaelaV90 »

Sae was sitting in the tavern with Grim one day while everyone was talking about their pets. Grim wanted a pet he had suggested he might want a Griffin. Sae concerned for her cousin's safety suggested a Peryton instead. The Peryton was a deer with wings and would make a great pet if it had killed before.

Sae pulled out her book of creatures and showed him the Peryton. The book had two pictures and a passage.

Sae pointed to one of the pictures in the book
Grim this is a Peryton after it has killed.
And this one she points at the other picture is before it has killed
She read the passage beneath the pictures:

The Peryton is a legendary creature combining physical features of a stag and a bird. Often depicted as a winged deer, the Peryton was said to have the head, neck, forelegs and antlers of a stag, combined with the plumage, wings and hindquarters of a large bird, although some interpretations portray the Peryton as a deer in all but coloration and bird's wings. It was said to hail from the lost continent of Atlantis.

Legend has it that this odd hybrid cast an even more bizarre shadow. The shadow of a Peryton, instead of being that of a winged deer, showed up as the shadow of a man. This led many scholars of the day to assume that these creatures were the spiritual manifestations of travelers who had perished far from the shores of home, the souls of murderers trapped in bestial bodies, or the ghosts of long-dead sailors.

While the appearance of Perytons suggests a life of peaceful herbivory, Perytons were far from gentle plant-eaters. This species was said to have a ravenous taste for human flesh, and was believed to have been instrumental in the fall of Rome. However, the Peryton is only able to kill one person before its shadow matches its body again, and it cannot kill another human being after it has done so. They are either dark green or light blue in color.

She finishes reading and looks up at Grim.

What ya think Grim is this the pet for you?
Grimwing

Re: [CRP] Search for the Peryton

Post by Grimwing »

Grim listens carefully to his cousins every word.Even after she has explained how dangerous it may be he still nods
Now that you have told me of it I think it would be criminal not to let us at least seek it out. I am sure the dangers are outwaeighed by the rewards
He grins and wonders when they will set off and what to bring. He also wonders how to ctach it and doubts it woul dbe willing to be caught or tamed. He frowns and wonders what great plan Sae is thinking up
SaelaV90

Post by SaelaV90 »

Sae smiles at Grim's decision.

Well cousin you are in luck! I heard just this morning that one was seen near the ocean in Paz. Now we need a way to capture it.....

Sae thinks of ideas.

How bout if I shock it with an arrow from a long distance. I won't actually hit it just get the arrow close enough to shock it. Then perhaps we can come along with some food maybe and gain its trust. Let's just hope it has killed before else this could get REAL dangerous REAL quick.

She sighs at the last part. "Perhaps the Griffin woulda been safer" she thought. "But where's the fun in that you know boys the more dangerous the better."

What ya think Grim? Got any other ideas to add?
Grimwing

Post by Grimwing »

Grim glances at noth the pictures and looks at Sae. He wonders how many ways there would be to catch it
I think your plan seems safest by far. The problem will be the taming though. When would you be ready to leave for Paz to look for it?
SaelaV90

Post by SaelaV90 »

Sae looks out the window into the night, ponderering Grim's question.

How bout at first light? Gives you a few hours of sleep and time to pack for the trip. What ya think?
Grimwing

Post by Grimwing »

Grim nods at her
First light sounds like a great time to leave for Paz. I will go home now and meet you at your house
He finishes his ale and walks to get packed and rested for the morning and hopes the Peryton is not dangerous
SaelaV90

Post by SaelaV90 »

Sae watches him leave, she hopes he knows she lives in the forest on the ground "oh well no point in telling him now." She shrugs and walks to her camp to pack.
SaelaV90

Post by SaelaV90 »

Sae wakes up an hour before the day breaks and packs up her camp waiting for Grim in a clearing. She checks to make sure she has everything while she waits.

Let's see....got a net, arrows, some food for us and the Peryton, supplies to make a fire She shivers at the thought of Grim making the fire with his magic Stop that you are trying to get over that fear. Alright what else....

Sae sits on a log in the clearing thinking about the supplies she has packed as she waits for Grim.
Grimwing

Post by Grimwing »

Grim stumbles clumsily through bushes and trees as he walks into a clearing where Sae is waiting. He smiles at her and places his bag full of suplies and a few wepons just in case. He yawns and hugs his cousin
Sorry I am a bit late, I had some trouble finding my sword. Somehow it had wedges itself into my bed. Oh well, It teaches me to sleep with it in my hands
He pats the handle of his sword by his side and smiles sleepily
SaelaV90

Post by SaelaV90 »

Sae giggles at her cousins statement and gives him a hug.

Morning Grim hope you found your way alright. So what'd ya bring?

Sae rudely begins rummaging through his bag pulling items out.