Re: [ORP] Tale of a Cheesemonger

Post by AuroraKiye »

Arkie's nap in the pasture verdant
was filled with visions febrile.
She dreamt of a man,
unknown but yet familiar,
speaking to her in tones fervent.
Oddly, as if in a tongue unknown
pointing away from where she'd just come.
Talking to her, in rhyme it seemed.
Waking, confused. Tracks all around,
muddled she finds them on the ground,
somewhat like her dream.
Stretching, she looks the scenery over.
The only way home was to make tracks of her own,
this she knows, but her trek yesterday
was in the wrong direction.
To retrace her tracks and hope for the best.
From Cork to Bravia and then to Paz,
and hopefull to find her way home again.
Orakio

Post by Orakio »

His feet were softly stepping through the grass
The sun did gently shine upon his face
Another morning's chores had come to pass
And somehow he found comfort in this place

He moved across the field into the shade
And as he went he somehow seemed to find
That standing in the spot where she had laid
The napping stranger once more crossed his mind

He wondered then which way her path had led
But did not stay in pondering for long;
The animals still needed to be fed
And merrily he passed the time in song.
AuroraKiye

Post by AuroraKiye »

Wand'ring Eire,
Paths unmarked
from Cork, Paz, Bravia,
even to Staunchville.

Helplessness,
Homesickness,
And who shall tend her flock,
Cork seems so far off.
Orakio

Post by Orakio »

It had been the longest of naps -- it felt he had been asleep for months, and Orakio woke in a daze. The world had always been harmonious to him. Nature's rhythm and all his surroundings came together in a magical flow. But somehow, life no longer rhymed. And his poor cows! Left on their own for... well, who knew how long. He wondered if he might collect them. What had sent Orakio into such a slumber? He supposed it didn't matter, for now was the time to regather himself. He searched his mind for his last memory. A bit of cheese, and on it, he had put... hotsauce was it? Surely no manner of spice could have knocked him unconscious for... for...

Summer.

He walked outside, and found the splendor of early spring had long passed. The dog days of summer were on the wane too. And oh, the weeds! He could scurry about and clear them from his garden, but first mayhap he'd fill his belly. A haunch of meat can only last so long, and what he found in his pantry was truly ghastly. How the bugs had been kept away from it was anybody's guess, but he could only be glad they were. He needed his strength. It would have to do.
Adonair

Post by Adonair »

There was a rap on the door. A customer from long ago who just now found himself again in Paz and desiring some of Orakio's cheese. He did not know the state of its owner though he was somewhat distressed at the exterior of the establishment, since it had gone largely uncared for.
Orakio

Post by Orakio »

Oh the pounding in his head. Rap rap rap... try as he might, Orakio couldn't tune it out. His head barely cleared enough for him to come to a realization: 'twas not only his headache, but the door he heard. But who could it be? His hair disheveled, clumsily did Orakio reach for the door and pull it open.

"Hello? Oh..." Before Adonair could respond, he thought to take advantage of his visit.

"Tell me -- the date. I know where I am... but when am I?"
Adonair

Post by Adonair »

"August 19, good sir," a pregnant pause fills the air and it becomes clear that this has not satisfactorily answered Orakio's question, "year of the Mages 1650. Have you been ill?"
Orakio

Post by Orakio »

Orakio scratched his chin and nodded in appreciation of the answer.

The last thing I remember was trying some of Arkie's hotsauce -- and that was in May. Have I been ill? I've really got no idea, but it seems I've got a number of affairs to get back in order.

He looked back over his shoulder and thought a moment. Surely the rennet he was making was ruint...

I'm afraid it will be a couple weeks before I've got any cheese to share with you.
Adonair

Post by Adonair »

"Ah that is unfortunate. You made the best cheese in bravia. I was hoping to share some with a lady friend. Well, when you get a new batch together bring it out to my tower, you visited there before." Surmising that all of Orakio's milk would be spoilt and that his fields were overrun he gives him some money, "Here's 100 freznics advance on the next batch of cheese, keep in touch old friend." Adonair leaves and heads back to Willow's house.
Orakio

Post by Orakio »

He smiled and nodded as Adonair made his depart, then sighed at the work still yet to be done. Orakio didn't want to overburden himself though, so he tucked away the advance and set out to stretch himself properly. First order of business was to bring home more cows from the stables; as for the weeds, hopefully they would do most of the work for him.