OOC: Stepping down as mayor, no militia will be hired.

Moderator: Community Team

Aengus

OOC: Stepping down as mayor, no militia will be hired.

Post by Aengus »

OOC:

This is an OOC action due to the things that have been said in the Laws of Pazs thread. I was under the impression that this was a RP game, but apparently it is an economic simulation game. And I'm afraid that bitching and insulting each other is also a big part of the game, even OOC. And it is amusing to see that even forum admins feel they have to participate in this. Nothing Aengus did IG is as worse as you do on the forums. Please realise it is only a game and learn the difference between IC and OOC.

Since it is felt wars are only to the detriment of the game, I suggest Zachrin to remove revolts and not to code wars here. Feel free to make this a peaceful Utopia.

P.S. Don't say what I did hurt the economy of Paz, because it really didn't.
Chimera

Re: OOC: Stepping down as mayor, no militia will be hired.

Post by Chimera »

As far as I can see, no-one has attacked you and all have played along with your little revolution. What you don't seem to be able to realise, is that a game needs to be fun for everyone and not just for a select few. It would be much more interesting to see you use your talents (and need for excitement) into making things interesting for everyone. Instead, all you do is take without giving back and then sulk when things don't go your way. Of all the people who maybe had a "right" to be upset with you (especially after all the things that you have been saying about me), I have only ever stayed in character and RP'd out my character's reactions. You can't sieze a town and starve it's people and expect to win any popularity contests. The only ones who are supporting you are the ones who have been paid off or who enjoy anarchy amd mayhem. What you have done, is fine when there are many players and many towns that will allow newcomers to still eat and still level up. With only two towns, people are starving and you are growing rich (why that is important to you is beyond me, as there is a "glass ceiling" anyway), this is why your actions are severely damaging at this present time. If you want to pretend that you do not see that, then that is your choice, but I credit you with greater intelligence than that. Don't try to make everyone play this game your way, instead, why don't you try to help develop the game? Or is destruction all you know?

As for your comment about IC and OOC - everybody has stayed in character as they have role played their disgust/support. Any OOC comment have been marked as such. From what I can see, the Admins only stepped in when the thread just became an OOC slang fest. If you can't stand the heat - stay out of the kitchen.

I want to make it clear, that none of these comments are an attack on the player behind Aengus - I don't know you and so have no cause to attack you. All of my comments are referring to how the character "Aengus" has disrupted the normal flow of the game. There are plenty of games that allow for wars and cruelty - why turn all games into such? I agree, a Utopia is not desirable, but anarchy is also not the answer. Ask yourself this, why should one person be allowed to spoil things for everyone else? I would really like to see you find the middle ground as I think that you can help to create a game world that caters to both builders and destroyers.

Regards,
The player behind Chimera.
TheGardener

Post by TheGardener »

Aengus wrote:OOC:

This is an OOC action due to the things that have been said in the Laws of Pazs thread. I was under the impression that this was a RP game, but apparently it is an economic simulation game. And I'm afraid that bitching and insulting each other is also a big part of the game, even OOC. And it is amusing to see that even forum admins feel they have to participate in this. Nothing Aengus did IG is as worse as you do on the forums. Please realise it is only a game and learn the difference between IC and OOC.

Since it is felt wars are only to the detriment of the game, I suggest Zachrin to remove revolts and not to code wars here. Feel free to make this a peaceful Utopia.

P.S. Don't say what I did hurt the economy of Paz, because it really didn't.
This is an RPG. This means that when your character does an action that someone doesn't like you will get a negative response. (It works the other way too) Did you realize that when you chose to have your character revolt that the characters might not drop down and worship you? I apologize if you did not realize that my comments in that thread was all IC. Maybe you should take your advice and learn the difference between IC and OOC.
Athnal

Post by Athnal »

Well sorry, but in my opinion, if someone is telling you ooc that you are ruining game blah blah blah it's the real reason to think if you shouldn't leave. Congratulations to all who wanted it.
Lunete

Post by Lunete »

OOC.

We all want to play a game that is different from other realm. Then why, please tell me, are you all mixing up OOC and IC again? This is what ruined the other realm atmosphere.

In a now locked topic I have seen many OOC attacks on Aengus and even OOC attacks on the player behind Aengus. I have not seen him make one single OOC attack to others.

Some of the OOC attacks made against him:
Firechild wrote:(OOC: to be honest if that is the fun you have then I must say that I am out. I have no desire to participate in a game where one player desires nothing more than ruining the game for the rest. That is more of the reasons I hate other realm. People who do not care about anything but themselves. Have fun. I will be leaving this game.)

In reply to this Aengus wrote an OOC post in which amongst others he posted this:
Aengus wrote: And please know that Aengus is Aengus and I am me, if Aengus plays almighty mayor that does not mean that he is better than your character, and it certainly does not mean I am better then you. It's not connected, if I follow someone as king it is only IC and I think that would be great fun. And really I do not want to be the leader IC, I rather have Aengus follow.

Perhaps it is time for me to have Aengus step down as mayor and let all others play the game like they want. I will be laying back waiting for better times.
As you see he tried to announce that if people were so bothered by his rp he would step back. TheGardener replied this directly to that OOC post. As the post of Aengus was clearly OOC, I see this as an OOC attack:
TheGardener wrote:Aengus, you talk and talk like you are something that matters. you are just one tiny person who took advantage when people were trying to make ends meet. You think you are hot stuff, but all you've done is created boring, irritating threads. Where are you "adventure" RP's? What have you really contributed to Paz? I see food having to be exported here to have young people survive. You are a jerk and frankly I wish the mages would strike you dead where you stand.

I wonder how many people prefer to stick the sword through them than the deal with you, Aengus! I came here to help Paz, but maybe I should let the city rot under your dictatorship. Maybe we should beg the mages to open a new town and let you enjoy your hole in the ground.

Firechild, please don't go. It's not like this everywhere. In the capital, people are much nicer.

Also, this post by Chimera implying the player behind Aengus is ruining this game is clearly OOC:
Chimera wrote:I want to make it clear, that none of these comments are an attack on the player behind Aengus - I don't know you and so have no cause to attack you. All of my comments are referring to how the character "Aengus" has disrupted the normal flow of the game. There are plenty of games that allow for wars and cruelty - why turn all games into such? I agree, a Utopia is not desirable, but anarchy is also not the answer. Ask yourself this, why should one person be allowed to spoil things for everyone else? I would really like to see you find the middle ground as I think that you can help to create a game world that caters to both builders and destroyers.
On a side note, I have not seen this game being destroyed by Aengus, only by the reactions of people to his RP. He took good care of the city and the market and has not attacked anyone besides the former mayor to build his RP. This attack was not against the player, not even against the character, just against her acting in her former office as mayor.

However, the post that has been bothering me most is this one, by a forum admin for the Lord's sake! I have officially filed a complaint. It will probably not do a lot, but I hope it will make Jilou realize that she is a forum admin, and therefore cannot post similar things about any player. A forum admin cannot be allowed to be biased towards any party. If things get too heated in a topic, lock it till the players calm down. Don't interfere and pick sides in a RP conflict. And especially don't attack one of the players, be that IC or OOC (clearly the latter in this case). I have lost all respect for the authority this admin, and I am afraid many with me did.
Jilou wrote:Right! I have had about as much of this as I can stand. I am not happy with the OOC comments and I WILL not have people forced from this game to feed one person's ego.

Aengus, this is a social, economic simulation type game. Not your personal aggrandisement platform. If it is a wargame that you are seeking, then please PM me and I will quite happily refer you to a large number of games that will fill your bloodlust. Taking the town is one thing, it is part of the game and fair enough, you showed it was possible. What you fail to realise, is that this is only a BETA version of the game and as such everyone here is testing out the game. You have tested out the revolt button. Well done. Now enough is enough.

The economy is not robust enough to withstand your personal passtime and the posters of the forums are tired of your endless rhetoric.

I am locking this thread and do not wish to see anything resembling it anyway near this forum. I ask you to consider this - is your fun worth hurting everyone else? If so, then this game really is not for you. Try your luck with the other games you mentioned, or as I said before, ask me to guide you to a game more suited to your tastes.

Jilou
Zachrin

Post by Zachrin »

This situation has gone over the limit. This game was built for the pleasure of all of it's players. I will state here clearly that OOC and IC are a deadly thing to mix. It is clear to me that in the future people need to take a moment and step back before they hit the reply button. I know sometimes in the heat of the moment we type things that we shouldn't. I advise all of you to take a moment and think upon your actions in this thread and in the Laws of Paz thread. This situation tells me that we need more specific forum rules and as such I will be working with our forum admin to create them.

In the future, I don't want to see Flame wars. There are a number of things that were said that went over the limit. This is a new game and I am doing my best to try to code new things in. As such, I expect that players should take a moment before hitting that submit button. Reread your post. If you see that it might contain a flame, reword it. Honestly, this type of situation was bound to happen and I will ensure that in the future more action will be taken to stop this slide.

Revolts are always a possibility and they will not be removed. I do not mind seeing conflicts, but we must all remember to keep them IC. It can be frustrating to see things not work out the way you want them to, but in the end, I want a community of people who would be willing to share a drink outside of the forums. This thread will be locked down as there is nothing further that this thread can accomplish. I do not want to see any OOC attacks on any players in this game. Period. The end of discussion. This is your public warning and I will not tolerate it.
This world is but just a canvas for our imagination - Henry David Thoreau