*Mayor's office

Moderator: Community Team

Joao

Re: Mayor's office

Post by Joao »

João chuckles, knowing the secret of eggs...

"Mayoress, you have as the towne mentor of Paz, a citizen of Bravia. If she is staying in Paz, can she give you updated Towne Mentor reports? If she is unable to, can you put someone into that office that can do it? With the recent exodus, we need to know how many active players are in the Viceroyalty, and what fields & professions they have so we can properly plan for the future. I have the updated towne mentor's report in the Bravia Town Council, and I'm sure that Mayoress Rowena would be happy to supply you with that information."
firechild

Post by firechild »

I am still here with my little patch of corn... :) if you need help I will be around
Petal

Post by Petal »

Greetings everyone! I wanted to let you know how our town is currently getting along.

We are slowly coming back from the recent immigrations. Our town inventory is being built up. I'm going to be starting to purchase fodder off the town markets. If you have corn or wheat you'd like to sell to Town Hall, I will begin purchasing a limited amount next week at the prices of corn @ 3.20 and wheat @ 12.20. We also have a trade deal with the town of Bravia for strawberries in exchange for fish.

I have some wheat in stock if anyone needs it to seed their new fields. I also have a limited number of knives for our butchers.

Here are our current town stats:

Active residents : 22
Level 2 : 3
Level 1 : 16
Level 0 : 3
Butchers : 2
Millers : 1
Corn Fields : 10
Veggie Fields : 8
Wheat Fields : 4
Chicken Farms : 2

As you can see, we have very few level 2s. If you are close to leveling up and need some help, please let me know. Right now we could use at least one baker as well as some millers. As more and more people level up these professions will become more important to help keep our town fed as well as to keep our professionals in business. If you are interested in becoming a blacksmith, I will work with you to keep you in stock with your supplies. As more people buy animals we will need to keep them supplied with knives.

I would also like to encourage everyone to spend at least one or two days a week in the mines. This is a great source of income for our newer or lower level citizens.

If anyone needs anything that's not on the market, please let me know. I'll try my best to get it for you. And if you have any concerns or questions, my door is always open. :)

Have a great week everyone and keep up the great work!
kostya

Post by kostya »

Kostya staggered through the bright sunlight of his first Paz morning. He'd spent a few days roaming the outskirts of town, eating when he was hungry, sleeping when he was tired, drinking when he could find drink, working in the mines when he needed beer money to quiet the buzzing in his head.

When no one tried to kill him, he dared to come closer to the main part of the town, and boldly presented himself at the Temple to make himself useful. While there, he prayed for the spirits of... those who needed it. And now, at last, he felt ready to claim a new home.

He meandered in the sunlight, down the street toward the Mayor's office, thinking to himself and absent-mindedly swishing his fine sword back and forth, dodging and parrying an invisible foe. When he realized he'd drawn close to the Mayor's Office, he stopped, embarrassed, and sheathed his sword.

He knocked at the door.

Sir Mayor? er... Miss Mayor? It's me! Kostya! Eh... you haven't met me yet, I've been living, eh... in the woods. But - I want to be helpful! What do we need?
Petal

Post by Petal »

Petal heard a knock at the door and answered it, pleased that someone had come to visit. On the doorstep was a young man, a bit bedraggled but looking enthusiastic nonetheless. She smiled at him and his words.

Kostya, I'm P..p..petal and very pleased to meet you! she told him as she held the door open for him to enter, wrinkling her nose just a bit at the woodsy smell coming from his clothes. Our town can always use an able b..b..bodied soul. First thing's first though. Have you found a home yet? I know there are plenty in town, many deserted when some of our citizens left for new horizons. Take your p...pick of any of them. Here, h..help yourself to these cookies. She passed him a plate from her desk that she had been munching as she did some paperwork. Sitting back in her chair she thoughtfully tapped her finger on the desk. Right now our town needs just about everything. Have you chosen a field yet? If not, can I s..s...suggest either veggies or wheat? We can use some more f..food in our town, and I'm hoping to increase the wheat to encourage people to become b..bakers. And we can always use more people in the mines.
kostya

Post by kostya »

"Oh, wheat or vegetables...I don't know, eh..." he said as he absentmindedly crunched a cookie. (This was a relatively new sensation - much crunchier than the half-sweet biscuits he was used to in the camp.)

He thought about it. Kostya the Gypsy, a contented farmer? He wondered now if maybe he should have thought this through a little bit more...

"Wheat!" he said, a little too loudly and a little too decisively. "Oh! I am sorry, sometimes my mouth makes up my mind for me. But, eh... now I've said it, can't go back! Wheat it is! I did stake out a house, but, ah... I think I do not know how to get there. Is there a map of the town?"
Chimera

Post by Chimera »

Mayors Message

Hello people of Paz!

I am Chimera, your new Mayor and I would like to thank you for your confidence in me. Paz has a turbulant past, with revolts and defections to Fenia. This hasn't stopped us, we are still here and growing strong. Every single person here is valued and welcome. If you need any advice at all, my office door is always open. So, what is happening in town right now?
  1. Town Council

Right now I am looking for active people to join me on my town council. This is an exciting opportunity for you to get involved in the shaping of the future of Paz. Anyone who is interested please message me to let me know.
  2. Viceregal Council

The Viceregal council is working hard to ensure that the Viceroyalty of Bravia grows from strength to strength. Any ideas or suggestions? Then why not pop into the public lobby and have your say? The council will welcome your ideas.
  3. Fields

Corn and wheat fields are the optimal choice for fields if you are levelling up or even if you are looking to buy a second field. Near to levelling and need help? Let me know and let us help you get there.
  4. Professions

All professions are valued and needed. We certainly need millers and bakers so that we can all have fresh bread to eat. Blacksmiths, you will do a roaring trade selling knives to the town's butchers so this is a sure source of income for you. Weavers! We need clothes, hats and shoes, or gimme some short shorts ;)!! If you are near to level two and are short on trust, stats or even that final little bit of cash to get you there, contact me and we can make a deal.
  5. Wood!

Want to see the world? Travel broadens your horizons and might expand your pocket too. Why not travel to Cork and chop wood? As we get bakers and carpenters, the value of your labour will become very apparent.
This is our town, I love it and I hope that you do too. Let us work together to help it grow.

Chimera
Finwe

Post by Finwe »

Thank you to those of you who placed your confidence with me. The town hall is in much better shape then I anticipated. We have a good amount of money and goods. A few announcements before I put together a formal report in the next few days.

1. Peronell has been assigned as the new Chief Mentor in town.

2. The Town Hall will buy fish for 18.75. I will actively check the market several times a day. I also encourage people to spend time fishing, it's our towns resource and will really help out town to prosper by trading out.

(I have contacted the Mages about making this a sticky post)
Peronell

Post by Peronell »

Peronell finds her office and looks through the paperwork, compiling the reports that the new mayor has asked for. When she is done, she shuffles her papers, making sure not to forget anything, and goes off in search of the mayor. Unable to find him, she leaves her report on his desk.

Number of Citizen: 48
Level 0: 18 (10 DEAD, 0 Retreat)
Level 1: 24 (1 DEAD, 3 Retreat)
Level 2: 6 (0 DEAD, 1 Retreat)
Level 3: 0

Number of Active Citizens: 33
Finwe

Post by Finwe »

Citizens of Paz, thank you again for electing me mayor. I will be giving at least weekly reports about what is going on in town. Paz isn't in as bad of shape as I thought it would be when I came into office. The coffers are full and I'm working on importing some stat food, while we try to get our own people up to level 2 and beyond. I urge you again to spend a day or two fishing and sell your fish to the town hall for 18.75. This is our biggest trade good and will continue our prosperity.

Peronell has been made Chief Mentor in town, if you have any suggestions do not hesitate to contact her or myself.

Our current Town Council roster is as follows
Mayor: Finwe
Chief Mentor: Peronell
Members: Toxic
Petal
Chimera
Madkcat
If anyone else is interested in volunteering for town council please contact me, we can use all the active citizens we can get right now.

Up for discussion right now in Town Council are a number of things:

1. Laws - We have almost finished laws and I will be posting them publicly in the next day or two to get feedback from the town before formalizing them.

2. We are close to implementing a plan to help citizens level up, by giving them a % of the money to level up. I will post more details when the discussion is finalized.

3. We are also discussing a program to help retain some of the money new players bring into the game before they die.

I will keep you updated as discussions progress.

Lastly here is the weekly financial report.
Accounting of the Treasury 1 Jan 1650

Treasury = 1,771.20 frz.
Value of Town Inventory = 959.25 frz.
Initial Value of Grants = 0.00 frz.

Town Net Worth = 2,730.45 frz

Town Inventory = 959.25 frz.

bags of corn 65 @ 3.25 frz. = 211.25 frz.
bags of wheat 11 @ 11.00 frz. = 121.00 frz.
balls of wool 14 @ 9.00 frz. = 126.00 frz.
butcher knife 7 @ 10.00 frz. = 70.00 frz.
loaves of bread 30 @ 6.00 frz. = 180.00 frz.
pounds of stone 16 @ 14.00 frz. = 224.00 frz.
wood bushels 6 @ 4.50 frz. = 27.00 frz.

Grants = 0.00 frz
(Grant Issued to /Type of Grant /Grant Number/Value of Grant)

Xenil/Travel Grant/95/ 0.00 frz.