*Mayor's office

Moderator: Community Team

Maria

Re: Mayor's office

Post by Maria »

Thank you Paradox, I'm sure Balerion will allow the citizens of Paz to ask questions here without harrassment. ~looks at the Fenian and wonders why he insists on following Xenor into her office~

Unfortunately, the TH cannot buy veggies right now because there is no demand on the Viceregal Fair for them at this time. If that changes I will post it on they mayor's message board. The good news is that the break even cost on broccoli is between 4.5-6 frez so a profit can be made at a lower cost.

In addition, the town has suspended the purchase of fish for a while until we clear out our current stock. The other towns have an ample supply of milk at such a low cost that it has slowed fish sales significantly.

Please note that the buy price for fodder (corn and wheat) may change periodically so please check the town message board for updates.
balerion

Post by balerion »

Dearest Mayor I was merely here to inform you that the buckets I have been buying was already a prearranged agreement. I didn't want you wondering why I was collecting them all. I simply spoke before my turn and now beg forgiveness.
Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear
Xenor

Post by Xenor »

Thank you my mayoress Maria. So should I change my 2 fields again?

What is needed in Paz ? I also need to know what I should be when I want to ask for a workshop.

But before I have another problem...

----------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you stay here much longer my bellarina...let's fight this out!

(Sorry Maria^^)
Maria

Post by Maria »

Balerion, thank you for letting me know about the buckets. I am happy to have you in town and you are welcome in my office, but I do expect you to be respectful to all the citizens of Paz.

Xenor, at this time I cannot make a recommendation on a 2nd field because we have an ample supply of everything. Might you benefit from eating some of the broccoli yourself? There is no better way of becoming more charismatic than to enjoy delicious homegrown veggies.

Regarding a workshop, this will change as people level so I would suggest checking the Mayor's Message IG for the latest recommendation.
Maria

Post by Maria »

Greetings Pazians!

There are a number of things that I'd like to update you on.

First, Datron is our new town Mentor and is available to help with any questions you may have. I want to thank Madkcat for serving the town for the past few months and I'm happy to tell you that he is staying on as our Priest.

Second, I have had to suspend TH purchases of fish until we are able to sell some of the stock that we have accumulated. Fodder sales have also slowed but I will be buying corn and wheat as I am able. Please look for daily updates on the Mayor's Message board.

Third, I want to get the price of wood back down to a more reasonable level but the cost on the Viceregal Fair has been high. So I have a small group headed to Cork on Saturday to chop wood for the town. If you're interested in going I will grant you bread for your travel days and an axe to use while you are there. Please contact me for more details.

We have had many people reach level 2 in the last couple of weeks and I want to congratulate them all. Here is a snapshot of the town demographics as of March 10th:

Total active population (excluding citizens that are dead or in retreat): 32
Level 2 - 12
Level 1 - 15
Level 0 - 5

Total professionals - 12
Blacksmith - 3 (Cornolius, HydraRider, Maria)
Baker - 2 (Peronell, Nikola)
Miller - 2 (Hamurak, Johnstone)
Butcher - 2 (Toxic, Madkcat)
Carpenter - 2 (Datron, Tasite)
Weaver - 1 (Petal)

Field breakout:
Corn - 9
Wheat - 16
Vegetables - 9
Chickens - 1
Cows - 3
Sheep - 0

As you can see, we've had a number of folks switch fields recently and it seems like many have chosen wheat. It's a great crop, but expectations around pricing your harvest need to be reasonable. The good news is that even selling at minimum price there is a profit to be made.

Finally, I want to thank the many people who have made donations to the town hall in the last couple weeks, especially Rowena, Kalake and Datron. And special thanks to Joao for his help in providing stone and funds from the Viceroy to help us build our walls and secure the town.

I hope we all will participate in the March Madness Membership Mania contest that Zachrin is running. The best way to boost our economy is to encourage new people to come to town. And I look forward to seeing many of you at Hephastion's party!
Maria

Post by Maria »

We've had a few changes to the Town Council. Here is the list as of March 12, 1650

Mentor: Datron - Guides new citizens and is available for questions/concerns about the town
Captain: Xenor - Manages defense of the town and all things military
Activities Director - Hephastion - keeps us engaged and having fun
Priest - Madkcat - here to serve your spiritual needs, conduct services and preform weddings, birth ceremonies, etc

Please don't hesitate to contact me or any of the Town Council members if you have questions, concerns, ideas or just want to chat.
HydraRider

Post by HydraRider »

Hy wanders into the town hall in the hopes of catching the Mayor there,
After gaining admission to the offices, he explains the reason he has come. "Mayor, I currently have 5 Axes and 7 butcher knives, I am willing to sell the town, I will take stat food in exchange if that will help. I am willing to work with you on the prices, also I could use more wood if you would like more axes.. Sorry to intrude on your busy day. I will await your answer in the lobby."
Maria

Post by Maria »

Maria sees HydraRider arrive in the Town Hall and waves to him.

"It's nice to see you here, and I'm always happy to buy axes. Why don't you come into my office where we can talk work out the details."
Maria

Post by Maria »

I just want to remind Pazians that there is a host of information in the TH on the Mayor's Message board, some of which changes daily like the TH buy prices. So please keep take a moment to read that if you are looking to sell crops or other items.

Here is our report as of March 27, 2010:

Total active population (excluding citizens that are dead or in retreat): 44
Level 2 - 15
Level 1 - 20
Level 0 - 9

Total professionals - 15
Blacksmith - 3 (Cornolius, HydraRider, Maria)
Baker - 2 (Peronell, Nikola)
Miller - 3 (Hamurak, Johnstone, Xenil)
Butcher - 3 (Toxic, Madkcat, Xenor)
Carpenter - 2 (Datron, Tasite)
Weaver - 2 (Petal, Hephastion)

Field breakout:
Corn - 14
Wheat - 16
Vegetables - 12
Chickens - 2
Cows - 3
Sheep - 1

Our fields are well balanced. Currently I'd recommend wheat as a cash crop if you are willing to sell at the TH buy price, or veggies if you need to work charisma. The town is currently paying up to 10.50 for wheat.

Happy Spring to everyone!
Belicima

Post by Belicima »

A letter arrives to the mayoress, written by the hand of a young one.
Mistress Maria,

Thank you for giving me some protection for the road (grant) it is greatly appreciated. I would like to ask you to send my apologies to your Captain as It seems that I have done something against the town. I am but a servant and wish to not anger anyone, if the deep gash on my head and blood he spilled when he hit me with a bottle did not appease him, I would be glad to allow him the opportunity to whip me soundly. One as young as I do not know the world of the elders and their rules at times. I am clumsy and I know not worthy of anything. My body matters not and I only live to serve as is the duty of any servant. I am currently traveling to fulfill a promise, though my feet hurt and I am exhausted, I bring happiness to someone as is my duty as a servant. I ask of you if there is any way to redeem myself, I have been a unworthy citizen of your town.

I wish you well and may you be blessed for your kindness mistress.

Humbly,

Belicima.