*Mayor's office

Moderator: Community Team

Xenor

Re: Mayor's office

Post by Xenor »

Steps in the office and sees his mayoress.

Hello Maria, it could be that Belicima complains about me, couse I attacked her. I was mad about her because she didn't want to sell me her stone. But now she isn't my foe any longer and for me everything is ok. Could you look for a stone for me? I want to buy one to see how it works but I don't want to read that book 20 times when I don't have a stone/gem.
Hephastion

Post by Hephastion »

Sorry to jump in here, but you didnt like her and attacked her because she wouldnt sell you a gem stone, which is of no use to man nor beast?

Im concerned how you would react if I chose to sell something useful, like clothing or bread to someone other than you, would I recieve a knife in the back (not that it would do any good) but still a concerning thought.
Maria

Post by Maria »

Maria comes into her office and shakes her head sadly at the bickering. When she sees Belicima's wounds she goes to get her first aid kit and tends to the gash on her head.

"Belicima, I'm very sorry about this unfortunate situation. You have done nothing against the town. I was not aware that you were attacked but I will speak to the Captain about it immediately. Please do not think of yourself as anything except a valued citizen of Paz, worthy of all the rights and freedoms that every citizen is entitled to. I hope you will accept my apologies on behalf of the town."

Calling Xenor into her office, Maria speaks sharply.

"Xenor, you can't make someone sell you something they want to keep. End of discussion. That was NOT a valid reason to attack her.

Second, having a stone is not going to be of any value to you unless it is cut and polished and it's magical powers are enabled. There are mysteries around the stones that I don't fully understand. But if you want to have the ability to cut stones you have to read the book 20 times... or whatever it takes. There's no shortcut.

Third, if you want a stone that badly I would recommend that you spend your days looking for one in the mines. If you do find someone who is willing to sell you a stone you should expect to pay around 500 frez for it. And keep in mind that you'll still have to read the book 20 times to do anything with it."

With a heavy sigh she takes a moment to consider things before continuing. “Look Xenor, you are a great warrior and I like you a lot. But as Captain of Paz, your actions carry the sanction of the town. Attacking another citizen in this manner is an abuse of power and I can’t allow that. I’m not referring to the thing that you and Balerion have going on, that’s personal I know. But you need to publically apologize to Belicima and let me know before you foe list someone again. If you agree to this than I think everything will be fine. If you cannot agree to it, I regret that I will have to find a new Captain.”
Xenor

Post by Xenor »

Nods to Maria.

Hmm I think you are right. You know where I came from we handle those things in a different way. There are no long discussions. I was used to take what I want but I also know that you handle those things a different way in Bravia.

I was overreacting because she prefered to sell that gem to the king of Fenia than to sell it to me that I live in her own town. So I will do what you want me to do my mayoress.

Belicima I apologize for my rude behavior.

Than he sees Hephaiston.

Don't worry, I am only interested in gems because I want to find out how it works.
Xenor

Post by Xenor »

I have something else to ask you Maria. Balerion challangenged me and it's for sure that I want to fight him.

But I think I have to ask for you permission first or at least inform you. It seems he isn't here right now but I would like to kick his ... ;)

So I will ask for your permission to leave the town when he is ready to meet me on the road my mayoress.

OK?
Maria

Post by Maria »

Yes, of course Xenor. I know you and Bale have been going at it for a while. You don't need permission from me if someone gives you a personal challenge to fight. Go for it ;)
Maria

Post by Maria »

Hello my friends! I wanted to update everyone on happenings around the town and the Viceroy.

First, I hope everyone is reading the Mayor's Message in the Town Hall because that's where I communicate on a regular basis. If you want to know what the town is buying or who to ask if you want a boat or some new clothes, that's the place to look.

We've had a lot of Pazians level in April and I want to congratulate Morg, Unknownoutkast, Gthen and Vandor for reaching level 1. Also congratulations to Iphito, Arthur_loxley, Willow, Rowane and Firechild for reaching level 2.

Best wishes to HydraRider (formally of Paz) and Sharra_tianna of Bravia City who recently wed. They have set up their home in Bravia City and while we will miss Hydra, we are very happy for the newlyweds and wish them our best.

We want to welcome Noxichi who has recently moved here from Bravia City. Also a big welcome the new people who have landed in town so far this month that have not died or gone into retreat; Drestakil, LtFaw, Alex31.

The Viceroy has two new level 3 citizens, Selene of Cork (Army) and Rowena of Bravia (Priest). Congratulations to them. I hope a Pazian is next!

If you haven't been following the Trust thread, Datron has been sending out reminders to people to make sure that trust points are distributed so they don't go to waste. Our focus is to provide trust for Pazians first, then others in the Viceroy who need it and finally to people throughout Secfenia. If you are trying to level and need trust, please don't hesitate to post in the town thread or contact Datron or me directly.

There's a good array of items on the market and some excellent prices. If you need anything in particular that you don't see available, please feel free to contact me about it.

Here are the town statistics as of April 10th:

Total active population (excluding citizens that are dead or in retreat, including those that are traveling): 40
Level 2 - 18
Level 1 - 17
Level 0 - 5

List of professionals (not in retreat):
Blacksmith - 3 (Cornolius, Maria, Rowane)
Baker - 2 (Peronell, Nikola)
Miller - 3 (Johnstone, Xenil, Firechild)
Butcher - 5 (Toxic, Madkcat, Xenor, Arthur_loxley, Iphito)
Carpenter - 2 (Datron, Tasite)
Weaver - 3 (Petal, Hephastion, Willow)

Field breakout:
Corn - 14 (27%)
Wheat - 22 (44%)
Vegetables - 10 (19%)
Chickens - 2 (4%)
Cows - 3 (6%)
Sheep - 1 (2%)

I have been pushing wheat fields because the Viceroy was running low on wheat and there's usually not too much on the market. However, given the current statistics, I'm going to suspend that recommendation. Now that the price of chickens has gone down I wouldn't mind having another poultry farm here to provide our market with more eggs. In case you aren't aware, juggling eggs in the temple will increase your dexterity which is important to skill in battle.

The accusations are flying around the room in our Murder Mystery Party and the killer will be revealed this week. The person who guesses correctly will receive a cash prize of 100 frez so if you are at the party and haven't yet made your guess known, please stop by and post an accusation (rp of course).

As always, feel free to contact me with any questions/concerns about the town.
Maria

Post by Maria »

OK, we've got our extra poultry farms. I feel really lucky to be a part of such a great community of people. Thank you all for being so wonderful!
Maria

Post by Maria »

The Viceroy of Bravia has established this as Carnivore Week and is providing low priced steaks and chicken legs for people of the towns. Now through Sunday there will be meat on the market at various times for 6 frez per strength point (so 6 for chicken legs and 12 for steaks).

I urge all citizens looking to build up strength to please take advantage of Carnivore Week which is going on until Sunday.
Maria

Post by Maria »

Just a quick reminder that the polls are now open to elect the next Viceregal Council. Both lists currently running have threads in the Inn and I would encourage all Pazians to read the threads, ask questions and vote.

Also, the Fishing Tournament will be getting underway on Monday. If you have not yet entered, please do so in the Paz Fishing Tourney thread. We will be awarding cash prizes to the winners in three catagories.