*Mayor's office

Moderator: Community Team

Aarwen

Re: Mayor's office

Post by Aarwen »

Aarwen is very happy with the mayor's warm welcoming. After indulging with greetings informs Maria of her new field.

I am happy to report that I am now the proud owner of a veggetable field. I really wanted a corn field, after hearing what you said about our most delicious corn, but unfortunately due to a bureaucratic mistake in the Land Market office I was assigned with a veggie field.

Catching up her breath continues.

I feel excited about living in Paz and really hope to contribute to the town's prestige. Please let me know if there is anything I can do.
Maria

Post by Maria »

"It's wonderful to have new people in town that are excited to be here! And growing veggies is a wonderful way to reduce your expenses so don't be worried about your field, Aarwen. The broccoli in Paz is as lovely as the corn."
Maria

Post by Maria »

Paz town statistics as of October 7, 1650

Total active population (excluding citizens that are dead or in retreat, including those that are traveling): 57
Level 3 - 9
Level 2 - 18
Level 1 - 27
Level 0 - 3

List of professionals (not traveling or in retreat):
Butchers - Xenor, Madkcat, Orakio, Jennet, Hodierne, Kitiara, Kalake, Buzadam
Bakers - Peronell, Nikola, Violet, NotJack
Millers - Johnstone, Xenil, Cathrina
Weavers - Petal, Hephastion, Anjoliquee, Willow, Bacchus
Carpenters - Alexandria, Datron, Vandor
Blacksmiths - Cornolius, Maria, Phillerpuff, Ember232
Gem Cutters - Madkcat

Total Fields: 76

Field breakout:
Corn - 26
Wheat - 12
Vegetables - 23
Chickens - 11
Cows - 4
Sheep - 0

My apologies for taking so long to post this! Ultimately I'd like to do it once a month and will try to make sure that's done going forward. I have no recommendations for fields or professions at this time, please choose anything you are comfortable producing.

If anyone in town is interested in a career in politics, please let me know. There are positions available.

As always, I am available anytime to help the people of Paz. If you have questions, concerns or need help with something please don't hesitate to write me a note.
Hephastion

Post by Hephastion »

Thanks Maria, just good to get a quick over view. Even once every other month would be enough.
Aarwen

Post by Aarwen »

I suggested the same thing in private but since Maria is so nice I'll let it fly this once :lol:

Politics here I go :cry:
Maria

Post by Maria »

Well, I do the VR Council reports around the 1st of the month so I'm accustomed to the monthly time frame. But the town demographics are a little different because that information can only viewed by the mentor, it is not accessible from the mayor's office. I had intended to post this report sooner, but didn't get the raw data until the 7th.

Since people seem to be interested in viewing it on a regular basis, I'll have Datron start a separate thread for the mentor to report demographic information going forward. Frequency is tbd based on people's needs and his availability. I hope that works for everyone!
Aarwen

Post by Aarwen »

Good idea, make your beloved husband work (harder) :twisted:

Power to the women :mrgreen:
Maria

Post by Maria »

I would like to formally welcome our new mentor, Bacchus. He has been exploring the office for a couple weeks and been doing a wonderful job. Please join me in wishing him well as our official mentor.

I'd also like to thank Datron for his many months of service to the town. We wish him well as he continues to work as a councilor and Elder of Bravia.

And I want to acknowledge Orakio for his fine work in the social point thread! It takes a lot of time to assess people's needs, and we all appreciate his work.

The rotation of priests and deacons in town has been a wonderful experience and I would like to thank our Overseer, Madkcat, for coming up with such an innovative idea. We've enjoyed hearing mass led by all of our priests and priestesses, and are thankful for the many blessings and opportunities to grow spiritually.

Finally, I'd like to thank Petal for stepping up to the call of duty and leading an army to assist the General of Bravia with some military testing. And I want to acknowledge all the wonderful people in Paz who offer their time, their harvests and their professional skills to make this the best community in all the world.
Aarwen

Post by Aarwen »

Oh, I would like to thank everyone, especially our mayor, for all the work involved.
Maria

Post by Maria »

Maria goes to the town square to speak to the people of Paz one last time before she gives Orakio the keys to the mayor's office.
Dear Friends,

I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed serving as mayor this past year. When I started here, Paz looked very different than it does today. Now I see a community of people that have worked together to help each other in ways not known in other towns. Paz has grown in wealth and strength to become the most advanced community in all of Bravia, and I’m so proud to call this my home.

I hope you will support Orakio with as much enthusiasm as you have supported me. I wish you all Happy Holidays and a Joyous New Year!

Sincerely,
Maria