{RP}Hod's Hut

Moderator: Community Team

Hodierne

{RP}Hod's Hut

Post by Hodierne »

Hod wakes up one rainy morning tired of living under a hastily built lean-to on the side of her corn field. She decided even if daddy comes to get her, she won't go with him. She'd lived long enough here to make friends and buy her very own corn field. Does where daddy live even have cow school? She didn't want to leave Betty or the milk man, and Kit had recently moved to Paz. Too many reasons for her to not move. So, she decided to start gathering the materials to make herself a proper home... wood, wool, hides, bones. She wasn't quite sure how long it would take her to build her home, but build it she would. She left her lean-to, and began looking for the perfect spot to build her house.
Kitiara

Re: {RP}Hod's Hut

Post by Kitiara »

Kit was walking near Hod's little lean-to and she saw all the new supplies that Hod had collected.

Kit felt a little responsible for Hod since her daddy, Blood, was in Fenia, and Kit was the only other Orc she knew of in Paz, or even Bravia for that matter.

Hod? are you around? what ya got going on with all this stuff?
Hodierne

Post by Hodierne »

Hod heard Kit. "KIT!!" She ran over to Kit, dragging the poor little piglet, that Xeno insisted she keep alive for him, behind her on a rope while it squealed in protest. "Kit! I'm going to build me a house! I decided to stay here in Paz, so will build it here. I don't need daddy to build it for me, I can build it myself," she says determinedly.
Kitiara

Post by Kitiara »

WOW Hod! that is a big decision for a little girl. Kit eyes the assorted items Hod had gathered. Would you like some help building your house? and maybe we can build a little pen for your piglet there.
Hodierne

Post by Hodierne »

"I'm going to show daddy that I'm a good orc and can manage on my own." Hod puffs out her chest, proudly. "But I might need a little help," she says quietly. "And the little piggie isn't mine.. it's Xeno's. I got it for talking kitty to feed him, but he said he wasn't hungry after I told him I'd smother it in lard so he could have fun chasing it." Hod is quiet for a moment, then whispers, "I think talking kitty is a little bit lazy." She then goes back to talking normally, "He told me to keep it alive and feed it for him, for later." She shrugs, "I don't know what he wants to do with it."

"Want to see the place I picked for my house? Um.. and how big should I make my house? I'm small now.. but will get bigger and what if Callie comes over to spend the night or Betty comes over to play.. I don't want to make it too small."
Kitiara

Post by Kitiara »

Kit nods at what Hod is saying. Yes, show me where you want to build. I can help you measure things and we can make it big enough for even your Daddy for when he comes to visit. How is that? We can make a play room for you and Callie, and a bedroom for Betty. Kit smiles at calling Bacchus "Betty". Then we can measure again outside for a place for the little piggie. Kit hold out her hand for Hod to grab. Show me this wonderful spot you picked.
Hodierne

Post by Hodierne »

Hod took Kit's hand. She walked with her, showing her the place she had picked out. The little piglet running as fast as he could to keep up with their pace, so as to not get dragged. The plot of land wasn't that far from her corn field. It was flat, with a few trees scattered about, but the majority of it was just grass covered. "I think here's the best spot," Hod takes Kit to a large spot with no trees nor rocks. "What kind of buildings did your tribe build?"
Kitiara

Post by Kitiara »

We built different ones for different purposes, but for a simple house we built a round one with a cone roof. there are lots of rafters to hang hides from to make separate rooms. Kit draws a quick picture in the dirt.
...../-\.....
.../.....\...
./|......|\.
..|......|..

What do you think? Do you think you would like to live in something like that?
Bacchus

Post by Bacchus »

Betty... Bacchus sorry, walks into the clearing where Hod's house is going to be built. Bacchus shivers as though cold and roots start to sprout from his feet, he holds out his arms which become stiff, wooden. In the shape of a tree Bacchus joins the life of the locality.

A map of the immediate area opens up in his mind. Bright colours that represent the life of the stones, the plants, the animals. Bacchus offers a greeting to the stone in the ground. He... compliments... the... stone... and... sits... down... to... chat... with... Stone... about... life... in... general. ...Hours... later... Bacchus... asks... Stone... if... He... would... agree... to... make... the... ground... here-abouts... solid... for... a... new... dwelling?... Stone... gives... a... long... huffing... laugh... and... agrees. ...Bacchus... promises... to... return... on... a... regular... basis... &... promises... to... teach... the.... new... resident... how... to... value... the... Stone. ...Bacchus... takes... his... leave... of... Stone... and... looks... around... for... water.

An undergroud stream flashes past, Bacchus dives after it. Water tries torunaway fromBacchus. Laughingatthejoyofswimmingwithsuchaplyful spirit Bacchus reaches for it, grabbing it and drawing near the surface. Waterlooksaroundit's new location, playingandfeeling theplace.Bacchus smilesand leaves the stream to enjoy the 'new place'.

On reaching the surface Bacchus withdraws the branches and roots back into himself. After piling a mound of rocks he joins two sticks into a cross and stickes one end into the ground. He fetches a sheet of vellum & a piece of charcoal from his pack.

' Hod, the pile of stones & the crosed-sticks is where you will find a fresh source of water for a well, Bacchus.'

Bacchus pierces the vellum with a nail and pushes the note onto one of the arms of the crossed-sticks.
Hodierne

Post by Hodierne »

"We had round houses too. I like that I can live in a round house like my mommy did." Hod happily clapped her hands. "I want it big enough for two beds, and the second bed really long for daddy, so he can spend the night when he sees what a nice house I have, mine bed doesn't have to be as long, until I get grown like you. And we had a central fire pit and a hole in the roof in the middle of it for the smoke to escape. And.. can I have a wooden door so I can paint it pretty? Like people have here? And ..." Hod tried to think of more things she wanted. "I want pink curtains on either side my bed and .. um.. a place for my chest and mommy's chest and um.. what else do I need in my house? Two beds, and my and mommy's chests, I think that's it."

Hod looked around her little plot of land, she noticed something that wasn't there before. She walks over to it. "Kit! Kit! There's vellum with writing on it, what does it say.. it says 'Hod, the pile of ess-tones.. stones... symbol the kroosed-ess-ticks... kroosed-sticks is wahere... you will finned... a eff-ras-ha..efreshh.. fresh sours.. of wahter.. water for a wah-ell.. well, Base-see-hus.'" She looks at Kit, hoping she could read it better.