{RP}Hod's Hut

Moderator: Community Team

Bacchus

Re: {RP}Hod's Hut

Post by Bacchus »

Bacchus turns to Kitiara and Hod and shows them 3 red flat leather covered books and a black one. He opens a the black one to reveal a picture of him, he opens the others to reveal pictures of Benjamin in one, Luna in another and G'gila in another. Bacchus checks his pockets and pulls out two more red passports, he opens one and hands it to Kitty, he gives the other passport to Hod. Inside are pictures of Hod and Kitty in their respective passports.

Bacchus opens his passport and shows the ladies a page in his passport, it reads:
' One, Bacchus, the individual detailed herein has been invited by Market Overseer Terraxis to visit Sanctuary for the having of dinner and for the shopping of sundry items/'
Bacchus lets the ladies read the message and says ' we all have our own copy of this message in our passports. We show the passports to the Snoth Customs Officers and then we get to look in Duty-Free. Which means that you don't have to be anything cos there is no requirement, no duty to buy anything. Then we get to go into the city.' Bacchus grins to everyone. A group of officious-looking snoths are stood watching us. They are all wearing blue uniforms with peaked hats ad carrying clip-boards and pens.

Bacchus turns to Hod and says ' Hod, show Ben, Luna and G. Gila their passports so they know that they are allowed inside and then we can get started.' He gives Hod and the others a big grin.

Last edited by Bacchus on Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hodierne

Post by Hodierne »

Hod-bear looked at it, then looked at Kit. She couldn't read well, but Kit could. Kit would know what was written on it.

"I show them." Hod-bear turned to Benjamin, Luna, and G'gila sitting in the back, she pointed to the little books. "The books let us in the tower. Kit read us what they say."

Hod-bear turned to Betty, "If it have my picture in it, how they know it me? I Hod-bear. I not look like me."
Bacchus

Post by Bacchus »

I smile to Hod, she looks pretty in her bear-suit, ' you will need to take the Hod-bearhead off whilst we go through Customs.' I help Hod down from the sleigh then lift Luna and G'gila down. The snoth has been let out of his cage by now and is wearing a rather natty pin-stripe suit. I wonder if Hod knew that G'gila liked to wear such finery! Bejamin pig jumps down from the sleigh himself. Kitiara has gotten down from the sleigh by now. I get the passports for the reindeer and we are all set.

I unhook the reindeer from their harnesses, hand them their own passport which they hold in their mouths and watch the beasts walk over to the Customs desk labelled ' Beasts, Burden and Festive.' They join a queue behind a family of husky dogs in hawaiian shirts, some of whom carry rubber-rings.

I wave a team of snoth baggage-handlers over, slip them some frezniks and ask them to take our luggage to an address that I give them and we make our way to the Customs Office.

The building is a large white warehouse structure with towering metal arches and snoths in blue and gold uniforms waving ping-pong paddles at people and waving those people through the arches. We join the queue leading up to the arches and come to stand behinda family of minotaurs in sombreros and 'kiss-me-quick hats.'

We stand and wait.

Hodierne

Post by Hodierne »

Hod-bear gets down from the sleigh with Betty's help. She stands on her hind legs and removes her bear head. "Now I look like my picture." She looks down to Benjamin after everyone's off the sleigh. "Benjamin not let Luna run off." She sees the little snoth in his snazzy outfit. "I not know you have that, G'gila. You should have worned it to the wedding."

Benjamin nods and stays close to Luna. Luna was unsure of herself, with all of these little snoths running around. She stayed near Benjamin as they got in line.

G'gila stretched his legs, happy to be out of the cage. Really, he needed a larger place if Hod wanted him to keep living with her. But she did provide him with all the cookies he could eat, cookies tasted way better than any height he had eaten. He, nimbly, climbed up her fur and sat on her shoulder as they stood in the line.
Bacchus

Post by Bacchus »

The security-snoths wear their blue and gold uniform-finery in displays of ill-hidden pride. Groups of snoths can be seen strutting around the tall-spiral ceilinged customs hall, hands clasped behind their backs. The security-snoths remind me of parrots, preening and proud.

To my delight the security-snoths address their enquiries to Benjamin-pig, they ask him who we are, what we intend in Needle-city? I smile and wait for Benjamin-pig to explain our party.

Hodierne

Post by Hodierne »

"I am Benjamin. The orcling in a bear costume is Hod.. Hodierne. The lamb is Luna. The snoth is G'gila. The big orcess is Kit..Kitiara. The man is Betty.. Bacchus. We are here to eat and shop. Terraxis, a friend of Bacchus' invited us. Here are our passports." Benjamin indicated the little books everyone were holding.
Bacchus

Post by Bacchus »

The customs-snoths check our passports with a lot of squinting and cries of 'wee-wee, wee-wah!' We walk through the customs building and enter the duty-free section. I gather the gang round me and hand each of Hod, Luna, Benjamin and G'gila a purse with 50f inside each. I speak to them ' each of these purses has a little map inside, the map is of the city and on the maps are coloured dots that show where each of the others is.' I hand a small rolled-up map to Kitty, ' this map is yours.' I look to the rest of the gang ' if you touch the dot that represents a person on the map you can speak to them and they can speak to you. ' I smile to the gang ' and the money is for you all to spend as you wish!'

I let people wander round the City gift-shop and duty-free, waiting for them to finish looking before I suggest that we find somewhere for lunch.

Bacchus

Post by Bacchus »

The market is a boiling stew of peoples from all the known species and probably some members of species not previously encountered. Orcs, elves, humans, dwarves, pig, sheep, demons, cows, trees, beetles that walk upright, gangs of houses that walk on chicken legs, towers of water that flow back over themselves as they move through the market streets.

The market stalls start from ground level and climb high overhead, walkways made rope, string, spidersilk, what looks like spittle, steel ramps, concrete bridges span the area overhead.

A herd of sheep walk up to Luna and start bleating at each other. A minotaur with 1 horn broken and a silver ring through it's nose starts eyeing up one of the ewes when the herd-ram rears and butts the minotaur away from the group.

A pig-centaur walks up to benjamin and starts to chat in a gruff-voice ' hello pig! You look lost, is this your first visit to the market?' The pig-centaur, who introduces himself as Wesley, has the body of a large boar up to it's neck. From it's neck it has a human's upper-body. It's long curly white hair and beard quiver as it talks.
Hodierne

Post by Hodierne »

Hod, Luna, Benjamin, and G'gila all walked off in different directions. Luna and Benjamin carried their purses in their mouths as they walked around, looking at the different market stalls. G'gila knew what he wanted and headed for the market stalls that might have what he was looking for. Hod knew what she wanted to buy but didn't know where it would be at, she asked a random green skinned humanoid, that wasn't an orc, if she knew where the clothes were sold. She gave Hod directions to the clothing district. Hod hoped that they had the right size.

Luna started conversing with the sheep. Hello, I'm Luna, she said in sheep, after putting her purse on the ground so she could talk. She paid no mind to the minotaur pestering the ewes. She had a long conversation with them about her non-sheep family and playing with Hod and Benjamin. One of the Ewe's gasped at the idea of living with a pig. Luna assured her that Hod groomed her every day and Benjamin was clean. She then asked the direction to the market stall that sold ribbons and brushes. Lucky for Luna, the ewes had just went to the baa-baa's stall that in addition to grooming sheep, also sold pretty ribbons and brushes. Luna listened carefully, then bid the sheep a good day. She picked up her purse before walking in the direction they told her to go.

Luna tried to follow the directions given to her. She thought she'd found the place when she say a young black sheep come out of a stall looking all spiffy and well groomed. Hello, she bleated after putting her purse on the floor, is the the ribbon and brush shop? No, he replied, this is the body piercing and modifications stall. He showed her the new metal spike he had permanently attacked to his head. She asked if he knew where the baa-baa shop was. He told her it was up a level, she couldn't miss it, all the prissy ewes hung out there. She thanked him, picked up her purse, and went on her way.

Luna stopped at the ramp heading to the next level up. She looked from the immobile one, to the snazzy, flashy moving platforms, that were built like stairs, only the platforms were wider, and moved up. She decided to try the moving platforms. She hopped on to the one at floor level, it began moving up to the next floor. She thought this was a good way to get around, with all the walking and no playing she was not having so much fun. When the platform got to the next floor, she didn't know what to do. So she jumped down to the platform below the one she was on, as the one she was on appeared to be eaten by the floor, it was disappearing into it. She continued doing this until she couldn't jump onto the next platform because some humanoids where on it. She looked around panicking, until one of the humanoids, picked her up and put her on the non-moving floor. She bleated a thank you, through her mouth full of purse.

Relieved to be off of the floor's food, Luna looked around for the prissy ewes as the black sheep had called them. She finally found a stall with beautifully styled ewes leaving it. She walked inside the stall and finally found the place she'd been looking for. She walked up to the counter and placed her purse on it. She addressed the human vendor, who thankfully was fluent in sheep. Luna inquired about a brush for her hair and some ribbons. The vendor walked around the counter to help Luna, revealing her lower body was that of a sheep. The vendor picked out several brushes, Luna picked out one she thought was the prettiest and brushed her hair well. She then picked out several ribbons in each color she liked, pink, fuchsia, purple, blue, cyan, to name a few. The vendor added up the price. Luna paid with the money from her purse, the vendor putting the change into the purse for Luna. The vendor then put Luna's purchases into a bag with strings, and tied the bag around Luna's neck. Luna bleated a good day to the vendor, picked up her purse to leave.

Luna heard talking from her purse. She placed it on the ground, the opened it with some effort, using one of her front legs and her mouth. She pulled out the map. It was the man known as Bacchus talking to her. She found his dot on the map and touched it. "Baa," she said agreeing that it was a good time to eat. She tried to follow the map to Bacchus's location, but just ended up further from his dot. She touched the dot that was closest to hers, which was Benjamin's, "Baa baa baa."

G'gila carried his little purse over his shoulder, to free his hands for other things, as he walked to the furniture district. He perused the pre-fab snoth homes. He would love to have one of his own, set it up in Hod's backyard, a white picket fence, an oven for making cookies, get himself a mount to ride. He gave a forlorn sigh after checking the price tags. He then moved on to the snoth furniture, he looked through the different furniture they offered in his size, tables, chairs, beds, chests, cupboards. He finally decided on a simple bed and a chest for his clothes. He went to the merchant selling them, and paid for them. He had a few freznics left over. After making arrangements to have his new furniture delivered to the sleigh, he left the furniture district.

G'gila walked around, checking out the different stalls in the market. He made his way to the food district. The food smelled wonderful. He was surprised that the other snoths hadn't noticed this. He decided to buy some cookies for a gift for his family. Then they can eat cookies like him, instead of height, and other creatures will like them too. Instead of all the tourists coming here for the really large market and beautiful architecture. G'gila found that he had more than enough money for a tin of cookies for his parents and sisters. He carried the bag with the tin of cookies in his hand. While he was contemplating where to go to next, the humanoid creature named Bacchus or Betty, he wasn't sure which, contacted him through the map about lunch. Even though, he wasn't fluent in understanding the Secfenian language, he was aware it was time to eat. So he followed the map to the humanoid man creature's location.

Hod looked excitedly around the market place, so many stalls, so little time and money. But she new exactly what she wanted to buy, a new dress for dolly Betty. She walked in the direction that the green humanoid had told her to go. She still wasn't sure what the woman was, but didn't ask since she wanted to get to her shopping. She finally made it to the clothing district. There were lots to choose from, but she was after a dress, for her dolly.

Hod found a stall that sold dresses, including dolly sized dresses. She looked through the dolly sized ones. She saw several she liked. The seller walked over to her. He was a long haired man, wearing a nice floral dress. "I like your dress," Hod told the man. "Thank you, I made it myself. And what are you looking for today?" Hod replied to the man, "I look for dress for my dolly. His name Betty. I have 50 freznics to buy it with. I want it be prettiful." The man looks down at the young orc, "Perhaps you'd like a dress too, to match your dolly? I'm having a sale on matching dresses. Maybe you can get one that also has a matching dress for your mommy?" "I not have mommy, she dead. But I have Kit! Can I really afford one for her too?" Hod got excited at the idea she could buy Kit a dress too. She thought Kit sized dresses cost a lot. "We have a special today, just for little orcs with dead mommies, but with Kits," the dress wearing man smiled at the orcling. The man helped Hod pick out matching dresses. "Can I afford these dresses? They pretty for Spring, though it winter, but Spring come soon enough." The seller looked at the price on the dresses, "Yes, you have just enough." The man carried the dresses to the counter and puts them in a bag for the orcling. Hod handed the man all the money in her purse. She takes the bag with the dresses in it and thanked the man.

While leaving the stall, Betty's voice spoke in her purse, saying it was lunch time. She opened her purse and pulled out her map. She touched his dot. "I find you, then we find food." She followed the map to Betty.

Benjamin looked lost. It was his first trip shopping by himself. A pig-centaur walked up to him, began chatting with him. Benjamin laid his purse on the ground, "Hello Wesley, I am Benjamin. And yes, this is my first visit to the market. What all do they have here? I'm unsure what I wish to purchase." "They have everything you could imagine, from cookies, to furniture, to clothes, to magic items, even a grooming shop that the visiting sheep like to call the baa-baa shop," the pig-centaur rolled his eyes when he mentioned the baa-baa shop. Benjamin thought to himself that Luna would like that shop, but it wasn't for him, "Magic you say?" "Yes, there's an entire area just for magic items," Wesley gave Benjamin directions to the magic district of the market. Benjamin thanked him, then picked up his purse and walked in the direction of the magic district.

Benjamin made it to the stalls filled with magic items with no trouble. He may be young, but he's one smart pig, at least that's what other creatures say about him. The first magic stall had staffs and other magic weapons, he had no need for them. The next one had enchanted jewelry, again, not what he was looking for. Finally, he found a stall that had magic writing instruments and painting supplies. He walked up to the merchant, who was behind the counter and laid his purse on the counter, "Hello, may I inquire if you have a magic writing instrument that a creature without opposable thumbs can use to write with, that's legible." The merchant looked down at the pig, "I have just the thing." He picked up a stick and a piece of parchment. He laid them on the counter in front of the pig. "Go ahead, give it a try," the merchant told the talking pig. Benjamin tried to pick up the stick. "No no no," the merchant said, "just tell the stick what you want to write. Like this," the merchant demonstrates how to use the stick. "Now you try it." Benjamin did as the merchant demonstrated, and the writing stick wrote Benjamin on the parchment, just as Benjamin had told it to. "Great, I'll take it!" Benjamin paid the man. The merchant put the stick, and some parchments into a bag and tied the bag around the pig's neck. He then put the change into Benjamin's purse for him.

Benjamin picked up his purse and had decided to see some more of the magical offerings. Bacchus's voice came from Benjamin's purse, saying it was time for lunch. Benjamin put down his purse and opened it, even without opposable thumbs it was no problem for him. He pulled out his map and found Bacchus' dot. He was far from him, so Benjamin put the map back in his purse and picked up his purse. He began walking through the crowds in the direction of Bacchus's dot. It wasn't long before he heard Luna's voice coming from his purse. She sounded distressed, 'Baa baa baa.' She must be lost again. He put his purse down and pulled out his map. He found her dot and touched it, "Stay where you're at, I'll come and get you." Benjamin picked up his purse, after putting his map back in it. He walked in the direction of Luna's dot.

'Stay where you're at, I'll come and get you,' Luna understood she should stay still and wait on Benjamin. She kept looking around for him. It wasn't long until she spotted him. She ran, with her purse in her mouth and shopping bag tied around her neck, to greet him. He too had a bag around his neck and purse in his mouth. After greeting her, he put his purse down and pulled out his map. "Follow me," he put his map back and lead Luna to Bacchus.
Kitiara

Post by Kitiara »

Kitty took the purse Bacchus handed her, and after giving him a kiss, wandered off towards a map of the shopping center. The large magical map on 2 polls shifted as she approached, changing its script from snoth to Orc language. She touched the map on the description of what she was looking for and the map lit up where she needed to go. It also drew a line from her current location to the glowing spot. It was some distance from where she was, with lots of turns and up a level or three.

I wish there was a guide of some sort that would show me the way. Kitty felt a little tingle in her belly as a blue glowing puffball appeared in front of her. I moved away from her a bit then stopped, as if waiting for her. She followed and was soon directed to the baby shop. She looked around the shop for a bit. A sales person showed up to help her and they discussed the things she would need. She had more on her than just the amount Bacchus has given her, so she placed the order and gave her address in Paz, wanting to surprise Bacchus when they got home.

Next she told the blue puff ball that she wanted an architect or builder next. The puffball shifted in color from blue to pink to purple to green and every color in between. Settling back on blue it bounced in the air as if it was nodding, and then moved in a different direction. Kitty followed.

At the builder's, she explained what she wanted for her house. The price they gave her was more than she had right then, but this was something that she would talk to Bacchus about anyway. Thanking the builder, she left just as she heard Bacchus talking from her purse. ok I will be right there. she says to the map. Take me to the food court. she says to the puffball. It spins in place for a second then starts off down a hallway. Kitty follows.