NotJack's Mudhut

Moderator: Community Team

Kitiara

Re: NotJack's Mudhut

Post by Kitiara »

If you are going to hold her, you best take her lead. Kiti unties the pink ribbon from her wrist and ties it to Bacchus's wrist. Hello gentlemen, Kiti says to the other two. Hey, haven't I seen you before? she asked the imp.
NotJack

Post by NotJack »

Jack is distracted mid-spell by the sound from outside. This is probably a good thing since all he knows is that one-trick-pony of a sparking spell and, well, if he clapped that hard it might have put someone's eye out. Maybe not that bad, but it would have been quite loud, that wouldn't be good for anyone would it?

Fine. Next time I'll just let him do it, happy?

Anyway.

Jack heard a familiar voice from outside the cabin (though he couldn't quite place it-- he certainly hoped this wasn't another person he was expected to know, like the mer-mark or the dichotomy or whatever they were going on about in the public squares. Bacchus left and came back saying something while Jack was still thinking. A large orcish woman, then, entered the hut and Jack's eyes widened (and that was before he saw the b-a-b-y, mind you).

Jack nodded stiffly to the question the orc presented to him.

"I think we have met a time or two," he said extremely fluidly for someone in so much shock.

Now, he was not shocked by the orc. In fact, having very little to be pillaged or destroyed imps cared very little about their warring reputation. The truth was, he was beginning to worry about whether or not his home would hold up with so many people inside. He was about to suggest moving to the back when he saw the baby.

His eyes lit up and he bit his lip to keep from shouting out-loud, then carefully chose his next words,

"Is that a baby?"

OK. Maybe not "carefully".

"Can I-- can I see the baby? Is it a fun baby? Why does it has wings?"

In a brief moment of clarity, he realized he was being a bit hasty with his questioning.

"Oh! Excuse me, Mrs. Orc, can I offer you anything like a cup or...."

He was going to say "chair", but there were really none of those.

"...a stick?" he finished with a look of embarrassment suggesting this was not simply another impish misunderstanding.

He took another sip of his sasparilly never keeping his eyes off the baby.
Bacchus

Post by Bacchus »

I notice NotJack's concern at the arrival of Kitty and Willow. I hand the 'leash' ribbon to NotJack and open a cupboard and find three chairs with an embroidered red imp on the cloth back to each chair. (I don't know where the chairs or even the cupboard came from either! ) I try not to notice NotJack's reaction as the baby on a leash floats to the ceiling, I hope NotJack holds onto the ribbon! Handing out chairs I offer cushions! to those who want them. A little magic to expand the hut to fit the chairs, I try not to interfere with NotJack's plan for the hut. I have a brief chat with the hut and get an idea of the kind of hut it wants to be when it grows up and use those ideas to expand the room a tiny teeny bit.

Smiling to NotJack I ask for a cup of tea!
Kitiara

Post by Kitiara »

NotJack, please keep hold of the ribbon. Bacchus, watch it, you almost put that chair on the mayor's foot. As to why Willow has wings, I think she chose to have them. Kiti watched Notjack very carefully with Willow, as any proper mother would with a small child and an infant, even a fluttering infant.
Bacchus

Post by Bacchus »

I bustle around trying to make folks comfortable, I am trying not to let Kitiara see me giggling at her expression. She is such a loving mum!
Bacchus

Post by Bacchus »

I smile to the assembled folk " we need to be off, I want to show the ladies the town market during daylight hours." I take hold of Willow and cuddle her in my arms. I take my leave of Notjack and go out the door to the sunshine.

Continued on 'Birth of a new beginning, Paz town'