[RP] Love Lost, Love Rekindled...Gawain & Katarina's Home

Moderator: Community Team

Gawain

Re: [RP] Love Lost, Love Rekindled...Gawain & Katarina's Hom

Post by Gawain »

Gawain listened for Katarina's footsteps.

He called out to her, "I'm in here."

He waited until she entered the room, then indicated the sheet covered item as he smiled.

"I wanted to make this for us...I hope you like it."
Katarina

Post by Katarina »

Placing the basket of roses down on the table in the kitchen, Katarina followed Gawain's voice to locate him. what is he doing in the spare room she thought to herself as she realized it was where the voice was coming from.

Entering the room, she walked over to her husband and gave him a kiss before noticing an object sitting in the middle of the room with a sheet over it. Quiz fully she looked between Gawain and the item, wondering what exactly was under that sheet as he spoke of making whatever it was and that he wanted to make if for “us”. Cautiously, she approached the covered item and picked up the corner of the sheet. Slowly she lifted the sheet….underneath was the most beautiful crib Katarina had ever seen.

”Oh Gawain! It’s beautiful!” she exclaimed as she threw her arms around his neck. ”I love it!” kissing him on the cheek, she knelt down beside it and began to gently rock it. She couldn’t take her eyes off of it. A smile grew across her face as a gleam filled her eyes.

She had been keeping a secret from Gawain and now seemed like the perfect time to tell him. Sitting next to the cradle, her hand still gently rocking it, Katarina looked up at Gawain. ”the cradle the beautiful, our baby will love it.”
Gawain

Post by Gawain »

Smiling, Gawain watched Katarina lift the sheet and was delighted by her reaction. "Thank you, my love..."

Her words sank into his heart as he had realized what she meant by "...our baby will love it.” and taken by surprise... he sat down next to her, kissed her and looked deep into her eyes, joy clearly showing in his eyes and on his face "Oh, this is wonderful! I had no idea, I made this as I wanted to plan for our future... how long... ?"
Katarina

Post by Katarina »

"I've known for a little while" she said smiling as she looked up at Gawain. "I wanted to wait until I was sure that it was real.

Rising from next to the cradle, Katarina embraced her husband. She couldn't be happier at that moment. Here she was about to bring a new life into the world...a life that she and her beloved Gawain had created. She smiled as she remembered the night of deep passion that she knew in her heart was the night that their child was conceived. Giving him a deep kiss, they returned to their daily chores.

2 months later

The evening stars were just coming out as Katarina took a short walk to the lake that sat on the edge of their property. It had become a habit of hers lately as the summer was coming to an end. The lake was a peaceful place and she knew that in 5 more months, getting away alone for some quiet meditative time would be hard to find.

Tonight was an especially peaceful night, Gawain had gone on a small trading trip and would be home later in the evening. He wasn't too happy that she would be left alone now that she was expecting their child but it was a trip that had to be done. Leaving a note on the table that she had taken a walk to the lake, Katarina slowly walked out the door. Slowly walking towards the lake, she was enjoying the sounds and smells of the meadow. As she approached the lake, she felt a small twinge low in her belly.I'm sure it's nothing she thought to herself as she continued the walk. Glancing towards the end of the lake, she noticed something along the edge. Not quite sure what it was, she headed there. Normally she wouldn't have adventured to that end of the lake as it was much deeper than the rest. As she arrived to the edge of the lake, she spied that it was a basket. How in the world did THAT get there? she though to herself as she leaned out to retrieve it.

She was within inches of retrieving the basket when suddenly a hard pain enveloped her body. Loosing her balance and slipping on the wet edge of the lake, Katarina fell into the lake. Water soaking her gown dragging her down into the depths of the dark water....struggling to make her way out of the lake, her legs tangling with the underwater stems of the water lillies that she loved so much. The weight of her gown dragging her deeper....and deeper...soon, she knew nothing but darkness..the water taking her last breath.
Gawain

Post by Gawain »

Several months earlier...

Gawain had returned home from his trading trip and he had found the note on the table that said Katarina was taking a walk to the lake. Smiling, he had walked down to the lake to join her. From a distance, he couldn't see her anywhere in sight, he wondered where she was, but thought she had perhaps extended her walk to go further than the lake...

As he reached the edge of the lake, he started to walk around along the edge, as he had seen something at the edge of it, as he drew nearer, he saw it was a basket, and thinking that perhaps it was Katarina's he leaned over to retrieve it, wondering how it got there. Suddenly, he noticed a space in the lilies near the edge. Trying to to peer into the water, he could see nothing because it was dusk and the water was too dark...

Deciding to wait until morning to look further, he turned and walked back to their cottage.

The next morning...

Gawain returned to the edge of the lake. He was puzzled because Katarina had not returned home and he he remembered the gap in the lilies and the basket that he had found. He looked at the dark water and pulllng aside the lilies further he could see something shadowy down there. Removing his shirt, he laid it on a nearby rock and dived into the lake.

Swimming down to the shadow in the water, he was devastated to to discover that was Katarina. he picked her up and somehow managed to get out of the lake...

Exhausted he laid her down on the shore of the lake and collapsed beside her, and wept uncontrollably for a long while .. what had happened..why had she been in the lake...?
Last edited by Gawain on Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gawain

Post by Gawain »

Present time...

Gawain had returned from yet another trip to the graveyard where he had laid lavender roses on her grave...the flower that he had given to Katarina when he had first proposed to her, as sign of their love for one another... love at first sight...

Image (click on pic for larger image)

...and he then threw some more roses into the lake at the spot where he had found her.

He stayed there for there a long time reflecting upon their life together, remembering how they had first met and how they had found one another again... at sunset, finally sadly returning to what had been their home together....

... sadly now just his.

Gawain's home RP is now continued in:

http://www.secfenia.org/forums/viewtopi ... =8&t=10099