[RP] Love Lost, Love Rekindled...Gawain & Katarina's Home

Moderator: Community Team

Katarina

Re: [RP] In search of a home

Post by Katarina »

"NO!!" Katarina said firmly grabbing Gawain's sleeve. "I don't want you to leave. Please?" She knew that it was probably not proper to have a man staying with her that wasn't her husband but they were afterall engaged to be married and she knew that he was a respectable and honorable man.

"Please stay, it's late... you can get your things tomorrow. We have so much to catch up on. " she looked longingly up at him hoping that he would change his mind and stay.
Gawain

Post by Gawain »

Gawain turned as Katarina grabbed his sleeve. “Of course I’ll stay, we do have so much to catch up on, where do we begin?..."he smiled, “...well, first of all I thought to bring the rose in memory of a year ago in case I found you today. I hadn’t thought to carry anything else other than the day’s food as I hadn’t expected it be quite so late in the day when I would hopefully find you so I was leaving because I hadn’t come prepared to stay the night but of course that doesn't matter anymore, its more important that we spend time together. I can pick up my things tomorrow instead.

He removed his cloak again and hung it over the nearest chair along with the satchel, and embraced her tightly, giving her a lingering kiss.
Katarina

Post by Katarina »

".....and that's how i ended up here." taking the last sip of her tea, she smiled at Gawain as the sound of the birds came in through the window. They had been up talking all night sharing their stories of the past year. Spending the night with her fiance was a rather magical evening even though all they did was spend it talking.

"I've missed you my love." she said as she kissed him passionately. "I can't believe we've spent the whole night talking. If you don't mind, I'm going to take a nap while you go into town to get your things. When you get back, take your pick of the other rooms. All I ask is that you leave the large room in the back of the house alone. I've got special plans for that room." she smiled a mischievious smile. Kissing him again, she headed upstairs to her room and laid down.
Gawain

Post by Gawain »

Gawain smiled and nodded. "I've missed you so much too. I don't mind at all as I wanted to go and pick up my things now anyway" He gave her a kiss in return and watched as she disappeared upstairs. He picked up his cloak and put it on, and also his satchel, then left the house and walked into town.

Some time later after taking a nap at the inn, he then checked out of it and returned with his belongings and various purchases from the market. Putting the food supplies in the kitchen, he took everything else upstairs and soon found a room he liked (not the large one). Leaving everything there, he headed back downstairs, rolled up his sleeves and started preparing a meal for two.
Katarina

Post by Katarina »

Something smells good Katarina thought as she laid on her bed. Pulling a brush through her long hair and wiping her face, she made her way down the hallway to the stairs. Step by step she headed down the staircase, "oh my..." she said as she reached the doorway of the dining room.

A soft light glowed from the fireplace and the candles on the table, the single rose that Gawaine had given her the night before in a vase. "something smells really good honey" she said as she joined Gawaine in the kitchen. Standing behind him, she places her arms around his waist. "I've been thinking, let's not wait to get married. I want to be your wife as soon as possible. What do you think?" Kissing the back of his neck, she lays her head down against his shoulder as she watches him cook.
Gawain

Post by Gawain »

Gawain placed his free hand on one of Katarina's arms around his waist, continuing to attend to the pot on the stove with his other hand. "I want to be married as soon as possible too, so lets not wait. I guess we should contact the priest soon to make arrangements?"

He finished cooking and pulled the pot from the stove top. Turning around, he kissed her and deciding to give her the surprise now instead of during dinner, he pulled a small leather drawstring pouch from his tunic pocket and gave to her " Your mother asked me to pass this on to you, she said you would recognize what is inside as something that is very dear to her and that she wanted you to have it to treasure always."
Katarina

Post by Katarina »

"Yes hun, perhaps we should contact the priest. All we need is each other and the priest to make it offical, the sooner the better." Taking her arms away from him, she stepped away so that he could finish making whatever he was cooking. Katarina's mouth watered as the aromas of the food filled her senses.

"What's this?" she asked as he handed her the small pouch. "I know its from my mother but...when did she give this to you?" tears filled her eyes as she opened the pouch and looked inside. There tucked neatly into the small leather pouch was a necklace....her mother's necklace. "Oh my...." she said as she pulled the necklace out. "this is the necklace that she always wore. She once told me when I was a little girl that her mother had given it to her when she met the man that she wanted to marry. It was the same necklace that my grandmother got from HER mother when she met my grandfather. Oh Gawaine...this means sooo much to me. This is her way of giving us her blessing on our marriage. Will you please put it on me? "
Gawain

Post by Gawain »

Gawain nodded."Yes, small and quiet is fine by me, so lets make the arrangements soon." he then looked at the necklace as he listened and smiled. "Your mother gave it to me when she told me what had happened and where to try looking for you. I have never opened the pouch, I thought it best if only you did that. I do remember seeing her wear it, but of course didn’t know its history, and of course I will put it on you.” He then took the necklace and stepping around behind her, he gently moved her long hair to one side so that it was now over one shoulder and towards the front, then carefully unclasping the necklace and using the fingers of both hands over her shoulders, he put it around the front of her neck first, then bringing his hands back around to the back of her neck, he fastened the clasp, his fingers only lightly touching her neck as he did so. Letting the necklace drop gently so that it now rested around her neck, he then returned her hair to its original position so that it was covering the back of her neck once more.

Stepping back around to the front to admire the beautiful necklace, he smiled and kissed her. He then nodded towards the pot which contained a beef and vegetable stew. "Now, shall we eat?"
Katarina

Post by Katarina »

Lifting her hair so that Gawain could put the necklace on, tears of joy fell down her cheeks. Wipng the tears from her face, she fingers the necklace before kissing him softly.

"Dinner? I almost forgot about it. Yes, I'm starved! It smells wonderful. We can discuss the wedding as we eat."

Kat couldn't contain her happiness at not only the gift but also the idea of becoming his wife.
Gawain

Post by Gawain »

Gawain smiled and served the stew into two bowls,he picked them up and headed towards the dining room and placing them on the table, then sat down.

Already on the table were two glasses and a bottle of wine which he had bought at the inn, he waited for Katarina to sit down before pouring the wine.

"Here's to our future" he said as he raised his glass in a toast.