Petal & Toxic's Cottage Home

Moderator: Community Team

Petal

Petal & Toxic's Cottage Home

Post by Petal »

Image Image
ImageImage

Petal looked up from her book and rubbed her temples, feeling a slight headache coming on. She glanced at the window and uncurled herself from her chair to cross the room and gaze out, the book still held open in her hand. A winsome smile softly curled her lips as she gazed out over the beautiful garden. It was one of her joys to work there in the early mornings before the day's heat. She leaned against the window frame and let her thoughts wander, dreaming of the day the garden would be filled with the sound of children's laughter, her and Toxic's children.

At the thought of her husband, Petal glanced down the path seeking some sight of him returning home after his day of work. A slight disappointment filled her as the path stayed empty. Placing the book down, finished with studies for the day, she left the room and made her way to the kitchen.

Deciding to surprise Toxic with his favorite dinner, the time passed quickly as she worked, darting out into the garden every now and then to gather some fresh herbs and vegetables. She set the table, adding a small vase of flowers and a few candles. Satisfied with her efforts and with dinner left warming, she left the kitchen and made her way to the front garden. She sat in her favorite place, a bench Toxic had placed just for her among the roses, and watched the road for the sight of Niv and Toxic.
Toxic

Re: Petal & Toxic's Cottage Home

Post by Toxic »

Returning home after a long day, all he could think about was his beautiful wife, patting Niv who walked along by his side like a obedient dog, he smiled as he neared home and saw his wife in the distance in the front garden, opening the gate he made sure Niv was in and then made his way over to the beautiful angel sitting on the bench, taking her hands he kissed then and then her beautiful face before picking her up and holding her up high before slowly bringing her down and finding her sweet warm lips,

How was your day my beautiful angel, i have been working like a dam dog today and in need of food and other special things you do, so after dinner, how about we go for a walk, i found a special glade in the woods today, it looks like a fairy glade and i know how much you like fairy's, and have i said lately, just how much i love you and that you are looking very beautiful today, as you do everyday,

Kissing her again he smelt wafts of food, taking her hand, he led her to the kitchen, wanting food first then his wife for afters.
Petal

Post by Petal »

Petal laughed as Toxic picked her up, her giggles muffled as he brought his lips to hers. Her arms slid around his neck and she melted into him. Pulling back she felt her face flush as much from the kiss as his words and she smiled up into his eyes. No, you haven't s..s..said lately. Not for the p..past two hours at least, she teased him, reaching her hand up to cup his chin and letting the ball of her thumb rub lightly over his lower lip. Still holding his chin she leaned up and softly returned his kiss.

Following him into the kitchen she quickly set dinner on the table then sat down across from him. Passing the dishes back and forth as they filled their plates, she studied him. They had both been so busy with their work and studying, they hadn't had much time to spend together recently. With a sigh, she realized just how much she had missed him. His mention of a walk in the woods and the promise of the special glade put a sparkle of anticipation in her eyes and she smiled. Reaching her hand across the table, she took his and entwined their fingers. How about we p..pack dessert and take it with us? she asked. I m..made your favorite. And don't worry, I didn't p..put in any special herbs, she added with a laugh, remember the disasterous results the last time she had tried to get creative.
Toxic

Post by Toxic »

Almost choking on hearing about those evil herbs, he carried on eating and thought about the afters instead, his beautiful wife, remembering about the little surprise as well, he quickly finished up and went to get it to surprise Petal with it, it was a promise he made a long time ago and he was going to keep his word, returning to the room he went over to Petal,

I made you a promise a long time ago that i would get you this, and today the trader came good and kept to his word so i hope you like it,

Taking Petal's hand, he slipped it onto her finger,
I promised you this on our wedding day, i am sorry it took so long, and so glad that it fits, and when you are finished eating, lets go out for your second surprise.
Petal

Post by Petal »

Petal's face glowed with happiness. The ring was beautiful and a perfect fit. But what meant more to her was the fact that Toxic had remembered and surprised her with it. She swore to herself never to let it leave her finger as long as she lived. She threw her arms around Toxic and hugged him, covering his face with kisses. I love it, my darling. Almost as much as I love you.

Forgetting about food, Petal held her hand up, mesmerized by the sight of the ring on her finger. Her eyes kept moving back and forth from it to Toxic's face. She felt amazement once again that this man had chosen her to spend his life with, and she felt the luckiest woman in the world. Then the rest of his words sunk in and she gave him a quizzical look. Another surprise? Her brow arched as she smiled at him. You spoil me. I don't need any more surprises. She leaned into him, wrapping her arms lightly around his neck. Brushing her lips feather-softly over his she whispered, Unless it's for later? She kissed him, a long lingering kiss full of promise.

Pulling back Petal slipped out of his arms, laughing as he made a grab for her. Give me a moment to clean this up, she said over her shoulder as she bustled about the table. Then we can find that glade of yours.

Wanting to hurry Petal stacked the dishes then gave considered them for a moment, biting her lip. Leave them for the morrow to clean up, take the time to do them properly now, or.... She glanced at Toxic waiting impatiently for her and grinned. With a slight flick of her wrist and a few mumbled words the dishes were cleaned. Turning to Toxic she felt a small wave of dizziness, the usual result from using her powers, but she ignored it. It wouldn't take long for her to recover and if she was with Toxic she wouldn't need her powers anyways. He was magic enough for her.

One more thing, my dearest husband, she told him as she took a basket and lined it with a clean napkin. Placing a few sweets within it as well as a bottle of wine and two glasses then covered it with another napkin and picked it up. Taking Toxic's hand in hers, conscious of the unfamiliar weight of the ring as their fingers entwined, she smiled up at him. I'm ready when you are. So what is this other surprise?
Toxic

Post by Toxic »

Smiling and pleased she liked it and that it fitted like a dream, he squeezed her hand and led her out the house and towards the woods, going deeper into the woods, he found the marks he left on some trees that he left so he could find the spot again, as they got near he took hold of Petal's hands,

We are here just through those bushes is the fairy glade, its a magic spot and is the perfect place with all the magic in the air for lots of baby making practicing, and if we are lucky the fairy's might even make a appearance,

Letting Petal go in front first, he waited for her to see the glade first,

Petal

Post by Petal »

Petal stepped into the glade and her breath caught. The beauty of the surroundings were overwhelming. She turned to Toxic and slipped her hand into his, her eyes shining in wonder, at a loss for words. She leaned up and softly kissed him. With a smile she turned back and took a few steps into the glade holding tight to Toxic's hand.

The gentle rush of the water, the soft breeze carrying the fragrance of the flowers, the dappled sun shining about them was magic. She set the basket down and leaned over to cup a flower, breathing deeply of it's heady scent. Looking up at Toxic, in a low voice as if afraid to disturb the spell around them, she asked, Can we stay here forever? Standing she wrapped her arms around his neck and leaned into him, bringing her lips softly to his. I love you, Tox, she whispered, staring into his eyes. Thank you for sharing this with me. She smiled at him then stepped away, the lure of the waterfall too much for her. Dipping her hand under the cold water, she brought it to her mouth and drank deeply. Out of the corner of her eye she watched Toxic to see if he had followed her, a glint of mischief in her eyes.
Toxic

Post by Toxic »

As he got near he was suddenly showered with cold water, by a smiling Petal, grabbing hold of her, he grabbed her and put his hand under the water and scooped up some nice cold water and put it down Petals back, laughing he stepped back and waited for the revenge attack,

Come on then i am ready for you, but how about first we open that drink, then you can try and do it again after, theres a nice spot we can sit down and get comfortable, do what the bears do,

Holding his hand out towards Petal he smiled and waited for her to stop dripping and glaring at him and take his hand, hoping she wouldnt turn him into a frog, and forget about the cold water treatment, he had a plan anyways to make her forget about that.
Petal

Post by Petal »

Petal gasped in surprise as the cold water ran down her back. Laughing she made a grab at Toxic but missed. Still giggling she took his hand and pulled him close. You'll pay for that, my darling, she whispered with a grin just before kissing him.

Leading him to where she had left the basket she picked it up and glanced around, settling on a small grassy area near the falls for their picnic. She sat down, folding her legs beneath her and tucking her skirts around them, then opened the basket, laying the napkin out on the grass. Taking the wine bottle she handed it to Toxic to open as she unpacked the glasses. Next she took out the desserts she had packed.

ImageImage

Taking a strawberry she bit it then leaned towards Toxic to kiss him, the sweet taste of the berry on her lips. As she drew back something out of the corner of her eye caught her attention and she turned her head to look. A sudden blur of color, a few sparkles of light, and it was gone. Here eyes wide, she turned back to Toxic. Did you just see... she let her words trail away as she saw the gleam in her husband's eye. Moving closer to him she turned to lean her back against his chest, his arms holding her to him. She rested her head against his shoulder snug beneath his chin and sighed deeply, happy and content in his arms. How did you find this place? she asked. Did Niv lead you here?
Toxic

Post by Toxic »

As he looked around the glade, he thought back to the day, Niv had indeed showed him the place on the way home one day, giving him one of his strange looks, then led him to it, knowing the signs now he knew it had to be something special and it was,

Yes your right, it was Niv, and these desserts are amazing just like you, did you make them or did some little sparks and a hand wave make them, how about some more wine,

Refilling there glasses, he picked up a strawberry and rubbed it on Petals warm red lips before popping it inside her mouth, holding Petal tight, he kissed her head, and looked over at the waterfall,

You know what they say, there's always treasure to be found under a waterfall, it just doesnt apply to rainbows, not that i ever found any treasure there, I think we should investigate first then you can try and get revenge on me for the water treat i gave you,

Laughing he reached out for another tart, first teasing Petal with it before he ate it with a big smile on his face.