[RP] The Marshal Château

Moderator: Community Team

Ava

Re: [RP] The Marshal Château

Post by Ava »

Ava was grateful for his initial silence when they left Imperius. Her life there was good for the most part. The pain she felt in leaving was mostly because of lost loves. But the more she thought about it, this move is good. It was difficult to leave...but the ghosts of her past will have to find their way to their next life...same as she is finding her way to her own next life. Paiten was her husband, and she'll never forget him for as long as she lives. But that love was a lifetime ago, and now she takes the first steps to something new and wonderful....by William's side. She turns to look at him as he answers some of her questions.

"I am glad to hear you kept the name her mother gave her. A name is the first gift parents give their offspring. In keeping it, you have honoured her mother as well as gained her loyalty."

Ava simply enjoyed the entire trip from Imperius to Paz. William seemed to know exactly when it was time to take a break from riding and make camp for awhile. Ava is pleased to see that Corrie seems to be enjoying the ride as she happily giggles and squeals when they play with her. Ava even lets Hooper out of his bucket to find his dinner, and marvels that he is always right by his bucket again in the morning, waiting to be put back in. Somehow he seems to know that this isn't their final destination.

The trip took a few days, but to Ava the time seemed to fly by. Before she knew it they were riding through the gates of Paz. The village is very pretty, and she can't help but inhale deeply taking in the salty air of the sea. William took a fork in the road and soon she could see a castle in the distance. She still takes in the sights around them, but her eyes repeatedly drift back to that castle. She wondered if that was where they were headed, but did not ask. If she were wrong she would feel silly for assuming. She did find herself both relieved and disappointed when he told her that the spiders he had shown here were not here. Relieved that Corrie would not be a snack...and disappointed because she was really curious about creatures so big.

Opal Moon snorted and tossed her head at a buzzing bee distracting Ava for a moment. In that moment William pulls up to the gates of the very castle that had caught her eye.
Welcome ladies, to Marshal Chateau, you're new home.
Ava's breath caught in her throat. Hearing his words, "your new home" made her heart race. "Ohhh.. William." Her words came out no more than a whisper. "This is your home? Your castle? It's simply.... beautiful."

As she takes in the details of the castle...the grand height alone was breath taking. The grounds are beautifully cared for. And all those windows....

She looks to William and flat out says. "I don't do windows." Then giggles. "This is simply amazing. Does this place come with a road map? It is so big, I'm afraid I'll get lost." She giggles again as he leads them through the gates and up the road to the front. The more she sees the more amazed she is at the wonder of it all. She will be living and an honest to goodness real castle. That thought sends a tingle down her spine as she thinks on exploring the interior. William pulls to a stop by what can only be the front doors and dismounts. She follows suit and nearly breaks her neck as she takes in the details of the exterior.
Marshal

Post by Marshal »

Listening to her speak and seem in awe of the Castle, Marshal takes that moment to dismount from Arabella to open the gate, and return back into his saddle and begins to move closer to the castle with the cart in tow. As they rode closer he simply let her take it all in. After all she's going to be busy learning where everything is.

You'll have to draw your own map my dear, I've not ever needed one so far. he spoke then looked toward the stable, where Christopher was running toward them from. William nodded at the boy, and Christopher waited patiently for them to arrive properly.

Dismounting Arabella after getting to the front doors, he double checks to make sure the cart is close enough for the servants to unpack the cart and bring everything inside. He helps by disconnecting Arabella from the cart, and she automatically goes to her favorite stable stall. Christopher not worried about Arabella as he knows what she does, he patiently waits next to Ava as she is still on her horse looking about the Castle.

Excuse me miss, my I know the name of this wonderful horse? I am Christopher, I take care of the animals here at the Castle.

As he waited for her, the servants had opened the front doors, ready to unpack the cart that Arabella had been hauling. Marshal had assisted Rachel and Corrie off of the Wagon and had one of the servants bring them in to the large common room. Marshal then walked over to Ava, and assisted her off of her horse.

Would you like to go inside? Don't worry about Opal, Christopher will make sure she gets what she wants. he gently pulls Ava toward the doors, wanting to get her inside.
Ava

Post by Ava »

Ava smiles and answers to his statement. "Draw my own map? Ahh, well good thing I have a shiny new quill that never runs out of ink then, aye? Finding my way around here will be quite the challenge, I think." She ends her statments with a bright smile and a wink at William.

Just then an eager young man comes running from the stables. Ava turns her attention to him for a moment. She makes note of his manners and smiles as she replies to him.

"Well young master Christopher. It is very nice to meet you. This is Opal Moon...though she will respond if you just call her Opal. Her favourite things to eat are oats and apples, and she'll do anything you ask of her if you use a gentle hand. That William has hired you for these tasks is good enough for me to know that you you are good at your job."

Just then William comes around to assist her off Opal's back. She smiles knowing she really needs no assist either up or down off her horse...but takes it anyway, enjoying the attention. Then he asks her a redundant question that makes her laugh.

"Would I like to go in?" Stops and taps her chin with a single fingertip...pretending to think on his question. Then the smart aleck in her surfaces as she answers him. "Nahh..I think Corrie and I will just find a tree to sleep under tonight and stay outside." She manages to hold her straight face for ....about 3 seconds before bursting into giggles. "Yes! I would love to go inside! Come Rachel, let's go see our new home," she says to Corrie's nanny. Then takes William's hand and allows him to lead her to the front doors. Her heart races with excitement as they approach the thresh hold of a new life...and a new home.
Marshal

Post by Marshal »

William watched as Christopher lead Opal away to the stable. Taking Ava's hand and listens to be smart remarks.

I am sure you would like to go in, but there are plenty of trees on the land if you do prefer those. I will admit I have found myself sleeping under the starts several times, instead of in the Castle. he looks down across the trees. I suppose old habits, never disappear.

Taking her hand, he leads her to the large front doors, with Rachel and Corrie close behind. Releasing her hand, he steps forward, and gives both doors a hard push. Both of the swing open until the weight on the hinges stops them enough for the doors to be wide open.

Welcome to the common room..... he speaks as he looks at the room he had seen hundreds of times before. Nothing new to him, but he knew to the girls behind him, this was all new for them. He walked inside, and stood in front of the large stairway that branched off into two separate directions. Raising his hands, he turned and looked at them.

Your new home! he shouts excitedly. Then lowering his arms and watches the girls as they slowly make their way in.
Ava

Post by Ava »

Ava giggles as William calls her onery bluff about sleeping under a tree, then thinks about what he said about sleeping under the stars. She's done that before many times when the weather permitted. It was an easy way to commune with nature and always seemed to make her feel very refreshed. "Yes I understand the enjoyment of sleeping under the stars. But not tonight! Show me around our new home, love!!"

Ava is fairly bursting with excitement at seeing the inside of this beautiful castle. William lets go of her hand and walks ahead to the doors. Ava turns and loops her hand in the crook of Rachel's arm with a bright smile as they follow him. With a hefty push the doors swing open and he enters the castle. Ava catches her first glimps of the interior as they step forward.

The excitement that was all over Ava's face and desolves into a stunned silence as her breath catches in her throat. The...what did he call it? The common room...was anything but what she would consider to be 'common'. Ava has never seen anything this grand since she attended the party that King LVI hosted. Her eyes take as much of the detail as she can from the intricately carved wood, the soft fabrics of the furniture to the detail of the inlaid wood flooring. The grand stair behind William was beautiful and only promised more for her eyes to see.

"Oh William. I.... I'm at a loss for words. Beautiful just doesn't seem... a word that is good enough." Ava turns in the middle of the floor but knows there are details she is missing....but looks forward to taking time to discover them all. It will take her some time to get used to living in such a spacious place. Yes...she will most likely need to make a map for herself, or at least to take some detailed notes as to directions in this castle.

William tells her that he has a room prepared for Corrie and Rachel and proceeds to lead them up the stairs and to the right. About half way down the hall, William pauses and opens a door. She had told him about her infant daughter through their missives...but she never expected this.

Ava's eyes well up with amazed happy tears. The room was beautiful in every way. "William.... it.. it's perfect. A crib for Corrie... a bed for Rachel or myself to relax with her... butterflies to capture her attention... you thought of everything." Her eyes take in the details that included a comfortable chair, a wardrobe and cabinets for all Corrie's clothes and nappies, a wash basin, fresh linens and a box with many different kinds of toys to play with. Ava turns and takes her daughter from Rachel's arms and smiles brightly. "Look sweety, your new room. What do you think?" Ava giggles as Corrie squeals and starts waving her arms & legs. Ava turns to Rachel and William. "I think that is a yes. Thank you so much William. This room is amazing. You really have out done yourself." With Corrie still in her arms Ava gives William a soft kiss, that Corrie seems to approve of with more squeals. Still smiling and giggling Ava gives Corrie back to Rachel. "Rachel, why don't you get Corrie's and your things settled in here and I'll go with William to see a bit more of the castle.

Turning her attention back to William she softly says, "Show me your.....our room..?" With a smile he leads her from the nursery to a door not far from the nursery and opens the door and leads her inside. What meets her eyes makes her chin drop and her breath to catch in her throat.

Just like the room he called common, this room is full of intricate details that take her breath away. The paintings and carved wood...the inlaid wood flooring...the candliers & fine furniture...the blue and gold bedding and upholstery all the finest she has ever seen. Once again she is awe struck by the beauty of all she sees. She wanders slowly around the room...her fingertips drifting across the table tops and fabrics, taking in the sights and scents of her new home. That thought passes through her mind once more... her new home. It still doesn't quite feel real, but with William at her side she knows it is.

Ava has always lived a healthy good life and has always had what she considered a very nice home. But this luxurious setting is foreign to her....yet feels welcoming. With bright eyes she turns to William. In a voice barely above a whisper she expresses her thoughts. "When I sent that thank you note to you, I had nothing but thought of being polite. That fate has followed that note up with you and this beautiful castle is more than I could ever have thought to ask for in my life. I am truly humbled and feel blessed beyond my wildest dreams. I love you, Master Sargent William Marshal. For now and for always." Ava seals her soft spoken words with a kiss.....then looks to him with a bright smile. "Show me more, please?"

(Permission to godmod William's actions :) And from this moment forward, he has that same permission without asking over and again.)
Marshal

Post by Marshal »

Watching as Ava enjoyed Corries room, he looked around the room and was surprised that his letter back home was so well received by his servants. They had gone beyond what he expected for little Corries bedroom. He had hoped it wasn't over the top, but from the looks of it, they did well. As William led Ava out of the room, he quickly turned to Rachel and softly spoke.

Please be a dear and put Corrie to bed, and please find yourself here at home. Thank you for coming along with the girls. Welcome to your new home. he gently nodded and followed Ava out into the hallway, then led her to the master bedroom, and watched her expression as she looked around it.

As it was nothing new to him, he just stood and enjoyed Ava's excitement. As she turned to look at things around the room, he let out a slight yawn. The several day ride had made him a bit tired, and I am sure once Ava's excitement vanished, she would be tired as well. He waited for her to finish enjoying her new room, and was surprised to suddenly have her close and enjoying her lips against his.

Requesting to see more, he simply just stepped back and started to remove his shirt, tossing it on a nearby chair. Adjusting his long white hair out of his face, thus exposing his bare sculpted chest.

I think we can continue the tour of the castle tomorrow. It is late, and I can't imagine how you are still running with energy. he smiled and turns her around and undoes the back of her dress for her then turns her back around and gently kisses her lips. Being a Gentleman, he turns around and steps a few steps away, allowing her to undress and change.
Ava

Post by Ava »

Ava didn't miss the yawn William tried to hide and realized that after that long ride he must be tired. She had just stepped up to him and asked him to show her more of the castle and still thought it might be early enough to see at least one or two more rooms.

But in reply to her question he takes a step back and reaches to remove his shirt. Ava takes two steps back and bumps into the vanity table by the bed. She's torn between looking and not looking...but as realization hits she looks away just in time to see his shirt hit a chair. When he suggests they look at more tomorrow, she feels a warm blush creep up her neck to her cheeks. Their first night sleeping in the same bed chamber.

He stands there looking completely comfortable and relaxed. She on the other hand is a bundle of stomach butterfly nerves. She had taken off her top hat and riding jacket earlier, but suddenly felt very warm. He steps up to her and turns her. Ava's breath catches in her throat feeling the warmth of his hands radiate through the fabric of the dressy riding blouse she wore as the laces surrender to his nimble fingers. Thankful is she that he does turn his back to her while she changes.

"Which rooms will you show me tomorrow, love," she asks to fill the silence and to try and cover her nervousness. She glances around the room and sees that her luggage and travel trunk are there...then remembers that...oh my. When she was married to Paiten there was no need for night wear. After he died and she was alone, she never saw a need to take up the habit again. She realizes she has nothing to sleep in. Thinking quickly she looks to his tossed away shirt and decides that will have to do for tonight. Glancing at him from time to time, Ava quickly disrobes and slips into his shirt. It is still warm from his body heat and as she turns to check in the mirror, she is grateful that it is long enough to cover everything.

Quickly placing her riding clothes in a neat-ish pile on the chair, she scoots between the covers and pulls them nearly up to her chin. With nothing more to do she takes a deep breath...yawnnns big, then softly speaks to him.

"You can turn around now, William."
Marshal

Post by Marshal »

Turning around, he had wondered how nervous she was, then himself realized how nervous he himself was. This would be the first time he had ever shared the same sleeping quarters with someone else, let alone a woman he loved. He listened as she undressed and shuffled around the room and heard her climb into the bed and slip under the covers.

After she told him he could turn around, he took a deep breath and opened his eyes, and turned around to see her pretty face poking out from between the covers and the large pillows. He grinned quietly walked over to the bed.

I see you've already chosen your side. grinning, he sat himself down on the bed, resting on the covers, crossing his legs Indian style then prepared himself for a quick meditation, when he then realized that he had left the door open. He sighed at it then flicked his fingers at the door, and watched as it gently closed, with a slight creak. Please with the door being shut, he returned back to his meditation.

He was certain Ava was watching what he was doing. he wondered if she was curious what he was doing, or why. Though he figured she would ask if she really wanted to know. After a few minutes of his meditation, he felt slightly rejuvenated, but knew he still needed to sleep to feel it's full effect. He moved toward the top of the bed, and slid under the covers next to Ava. He wasn't sure if he should scoot close to her and cuddle, or if he should keep his distance and allow her to be comfortable before he did anything.

We'll look at everything worth looking at in the morning, after breakfast of course. You'll need an appetite just walking around here. He lay there on his pillow, with his arms folded behind his head. He then magically had the candles go out, and the aroma of candle smoke filled the room, breathing deep he hoped she would come close.
Ava

Post by Ava »

In the glowing candle light Ava quietly waited. She smiled and shrugged at his 'chosen your side' comment. "What can I say? A lady has her preferences," she softly replies. She watches the subtle rippling of his muscles as he walks across the floor and then settles himself on the bed. Ava turns to her side and props her head up on her hand watching him curiously as he seems to meditate. A small wave of his hand and movement across the room catches her eye. An eyebrow slightly raises seeing the door shut on it's own, but then realized that he had done that. She quietly watches not wishing to interrupt his quiet time.

We'll look at everything worth looking at in the morning, after breakfast of course. You'll need an appetite just walking around here.

"Of that I have no doubt," she quietly replies as he slips beneath the covers. "I'm a nosy one...just so you know. I want to see all the rooms and discover all the secrets of this castle." He relaxes back looking so comfortable and still the butterflies flip and tumble in the pit of her stomach. The candles all blow out at once casting dark shadows everywhere, but Ava finishes her thought. "I can already tell that Corrie is going to like living here. Her room is so comfy cozy beautiful, love."

He lays there quietly listening to her and it occurs to her how much of a gentleman he is. That brings a couple pleasant thoughts to her mind but she keeps them to herself for now. Instead she scoots over beside him, rests her head upon his heart and drapes her arm across his tummy. In words no more than a whisper... "Dream sweet, love," and closes her eyes.
Marshal

Post by Marshal »

As she lay across his chest, he smiled slightly, then brought his hand from his head and placed it on her back, leaving it there for it's final resting place of the night.

He whispers, Good night sweetie... then closes his eyes, drifting away in his thoughts. After a few minutes he had heard the soft breathing from Ava, telling him she had fallen asleep. He smiled again, then he himself fell asleep.

As the morning sun rose, William gently slipped out of the bed, turning to look at his dear still sleeping. He could not help but smile, to see her lay there so peacefully, and beautiful. He slipped out of the bedroom and walked to Corries room and found Rachel dressing her for the morning.

Good morning Rachel, sleep well? he asked her. She responded with a simple Yes Sir William. he nodded then turned to Corrie, who she had just finished dressing, and took her in his hands.

Good morning sunshine, you ready for your breakfast? Corrie let out some excited babbles to confirm she was, then he handed her back to Rachel.

The kitchen is down the stairs and to the left, you can't miss it. Just tell them what you and Corrie want, and they will make whatever it is you prefer. he spoke with a smile, then headed out the door into the hall. He looked down the hall and saw that the bedroom door was still closed, meaning Ava was still sound asleep. he then moved toward the other end of the hall, and walked into his meditation/war room. Opening the door, he looked about the room. It had been some time before he had been in here, and it was about time that he did.

He pushed the door till it was only slightly cracked open, then walked to the other end of the room, stopping at a weapon display case, in which he had his elven sword placed. Opening the case, he removed the sword with both hands, examining it. Happy with what he had in front of him, he turned around to ensure no one had snuck into the room. Placing the hilt of the place in his more dominant hand, he then began moving about the room, swinging the sword about in almost a ritualistic fashion. His moves across the room graceful and elegant, that of which a veteran swordsman, and an elf combined. Flawless movements that seemed completely natural. He lost track of time, and continued to train himself, clearing his mind as he continued. He had wondered when Ava would wake.