[RP] Local painter

Moderator: Community Team

Maria

Re: [RP] Local painter

Post by Maria »

Listening to Athnal speak, the history of Paz came alive for Maria. There is nothing like hearing a story from one who has lived through it. She could envision the wicked troll storming the Town Hall, she sensed the discontent of the people hanging in the air like a cloud, and she could smell the salty air of the ocean nearby. Then she realized she was standing on the shore.

She thought of the beautiful paintings than hung in the Mayor's Chambers and in the long hallway that led to the courthouse. So Athnal was responsible for them...

And she chuckled as Eira spoke of the little red oranges. "You mean the strawberries, Eira? They're very delicious! But before you leave, I would be pleased if you would like to stop by the town hall for a visit. Some of the furnishing are new, but the better paintings that hung there from the beginning still remain... Thank you for sharing that Athnal.

And now I must excuse myself, it's getting rather late. It was lovely to meet you both. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to make your stay here more enjoyable."
She bowed to both of them, wondering what it must be like to leave your home for a far away land, and then come back to that home and see how it has changed.
Athnal

Post by Athnal »

Few days passed by since they were welcomed in Paz. There was no signs of other visitors. Story he told brought a lot of memories up from the past. He couldn't recognize most of them. Whenever he wandered through aisles of his memory, he felt like sitting in huge theatre. Wearing distinguished robe, among hudnreds of other guests, he watched scenes from someone's life. Was he one of guests, or one of actors? He couldn't tell. He couldn't differ real memories from scenes directed by his mind. Another sip of rye liquor was best cure for his spirit, trapped in claws of overwhelming melancholia.

Athnal stood in front of his canvas, with nearly finished painting. From time to time, he was glancing behind it, as if lake was his model. He deeply believed it was, however colours he used indicated something entirely different. More white and black disappearing from his palet made him suspicious. Details from his new surroundings served to paint his natural enviroment. Cold and windy landscape of Widu, he observed from high windows of his manor's tower, were showed from perspective of the city entry gates. Small river they used in Widu to drift woods toward Imperius seemed to be quiet and sleepy in winter months. Deep in the background his manor's contours loomed, rising above eternal winter of his gardens.

It wasn't quite what he planned to paint, nor anyhting he expected his painting to be. What came to his mind, was question. How it's even possible he painted something completly different than he wanted? Was it a trick? When real life ends and trick begins then? Maybe it was only a manifestation of his longing for world that exists only in his imagination. He sat on the ground and took another sip of liquor. Athnal let his eyes close slowly and fell asleep.
Eira

Post by Eira »

Walking to the usual place Athnal spent the days painting, she noticed a canvas but no Athnal. He wouldn't leave his painting and tools laying about. As she came closer she saw what he had painted and smiled. It was beautiful. But where was Athnal? She looked around and saw a figure covered in snow, sitting with its back towards a tree. Athnal? Eira brushed snow away from his face, noticing he was breathing but a bit cold. Hey, wake up dear.. you can't sleep outside! She shook his body, wondering if she should try warming him up with magic but the scenarios that played in her mind told her it was best not to. He was one of the last people she wanted to see turn to ashes.
Athnal

Post by Athnal »

Athnal dreamed of his manor's dungeons. In dark, moist cellar he stood against a blindfolded person. Unfamiliar man was tied down to a chair. His body was burned and injured. It seems like he had been tortured for several days. Only his mouth, twisted in pain, murmured quiet prayings.

"He is still alive" Athnal overheard mocking voice from behind. When he turned, there was nobody in the chamber except for him and odour of black, disgusting magic of necromancers. He couldn't answer provocation, his lips were stapled. Scarcely he discovered he is wielding a steel mace in his right hand, he felt like smashing prisoners face. He breathed odium of the putrid air. He raised his hand to inflict the final blow. Coldness of his tool of execution pierced his body. Voice began to laugh at him. Athnal tried to get up and finish his work. Make the voice proud of him. Suddenly a figure came out of shadows. It was wearing black robe embroidered with golden thread. Face was hidden behind white bone mask. It took off a ring of it's decaying hand and throw it in Athnal's direction. He grabbed it and hid in a pocket. Figure approached and stammered:

"Hey, wake up dear.. you can't sleep outside!"

"What the..." Athnal hardly could talk "What's going on?" he asked and opened his eyes. He woke up with a fear in his eyes and unspeakable terror in mind. He saw Eira apparently fightning with some serious thoughts.

"Eira...it's you..." dream was fading as he noticed his painting and remembered what happened "I have finished my painting, have you seen it?"
Eira

Post by Eira »

Seeing how lost Athnal looked as he woke up Eira wrapped her arms around him and hugged him tight. Whatever you dreamed it was just a dream. And of course its me. Who else would it be! She pinched his arm. Your painting will get ruined if you leave it like that in the snow. It sounded harsh so she added more softly, But its lovely. I like it. You wouldn't ever move away from Widu right? She snuggled closer to him warming him up that way while waiting for his answer.
Athnal

Post by Athnal »

It was Eira who woke him up. Hers arms warmed him a bit, but first of all calmed his nerves. She talked softly but he still was sleepy. Not yet crossed border of dreams completly. He stretched and yawned before he let her snuggle closer. He forgot dungeons and necromancer and focused on hers words.

"Indeed I love Widu" he had not much to say but he hugged her hoping it would express more "I enjoy our travel and quiet life here, but this is not the place we belong to" he scratched his head and began to look for his pipe in a pocket "We are Fenians Eira. In our case it means more than only location we live in. Eira...would you like to return to Widu with me?" his fingers still searching through pockets of his silk shirt encountered smooth round-shaped item. He wasn't surprised or amazed, he took it as a natural way of things to happen. He took it out, black ring with a golden gloss and diamond. Ring must have had some magic enchanted in, black or white magic, he couldn't tell, Athnal knew what to do with it though. He offered ring to Eira and asked: "Would you like to return to Widu with me and marry me?"
Eira

Post by Eira »

I enjoy it too Athnal. Bravia is much nicer than I would've expected. I'm glad you took me with you on this trip, and home again of course too. Are you going to drop me off in Widu and let me walk... Ooo... Eira saw what Athnal had been searching for in his pockets and her eyes went big. Its a ring! she exclaimed happily and took it from his hand and put on her ringfinger, admiring how the light made the stone reflect. A strange feeling passed through Eira as she put it on but she ignored it, not sure what it was. I'd like to come with you to Widu very much dear. Eira leaned closer to and kissed his lips and then laughed. But how do you know you aren't still dreaming?
Athnal

Post by Athnal »

Athnal returned hers kiss with a relief. I think you pinched me hard enough to be sure. he smiled. "So is it yes? You will become my wife?" he asked once again in his shyness.
Eira

Post by Eira »

Yes Athnal, I'll be your wife. She smiled back and then teased him. Are you regretting you asked already? Because I'm afraid its too late, I'm keeping the ring. She winked and then laughed.