No mass... why?

Moderator: Community Team

Aarwen

Re: No mass... why?

Post by Aarwen »

Today is a silent mass. Be with your thoughts.
Now that I have (20 points of) Faith - thanks to my Overseer Madkcat for not telling me and letting me check on my own - I have:

1. Accepted Katarina's "transform box" request, which costed some (5 points of) Faith;
2. Denied Gawain's "transform box" request, because his wife Katarina already has one and each couple only needs one box (apparently, that's the message I get in the temple menu: "They already have a marriage box (#9)!");
3. Accepted Bacchus' "wedding counseling" request (I have no idea what it is but costed 0 Faith Points);
4. Accepted Kitiara's "wedding counseling" request (I have no idea what it is but costed 0 Faith Points);

Again I thank my overseer madckat for explaining in detail what each thing means and what to do in each case. I am new and as such it is wonderful to see my overseer considers me all-knowing. (This is sarcasm lacking a better way to say madckat did not bother saying, informing, communicating or informing about anything...)

EDIT:
Who Mass Attended
Orakio 10:04 pm, Nov 22, 1650
Magnus 8:58 pm, Nov 22, 1650
Aarwen 5:55 pm, Nov 22, 1650
madkcat 5:35 pm, Nov 22, 1650
Jason 5:16 pm, Nov 22, 1650
Bacchus 5:07 pm, Nov 22, 1650
Phillerpuff 4:45 pm, Nov 22, 1650
Pandora1432 4:43 pm, Nov 22, 1650
buzadam 3:15 pm, Nov 22, 1650
Katarina 3:04 pm, Nov 22, 1650
Grendel 12:07 pm, Nov 22, 1650
Cathrina 11:54 am, Nov 22, 1650
HeatherVanLarken 11:13 am, Nov 22, 1650
Hodierne 10:31 am, Nov 22, 1650
Evangeline 9:17 am, Nov 22, 1650
Jennet 8:59 am, Nov 22, 1650
Maria 7:07 am, Nov 22, 1650
Vandor 6:18 am, Nov 22, 1650
Last edited by Aarwen on Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aarwen

Post by Aarwen »

Community of Paz

Today we look as some helpful hints to live a better a life, a more confortable life.

Need a Social Point? Ask your fellow town members (See a list at Town > Town Hall) and clicking on People in Town) and/or by going to Town > Temple and select Clean Windows in Temple

You can gain dexterity by going to Town > Training Ground with 3 eggs and selecting Train Dexterity

Need to put your character away due to real life for a few days? Goto Town > Temple and select "Go Into Retreat"

Sent a message in error? Goto the Sent Folder and click Recall Message (This only works if they haven't read it)

Want to increase your weapon proficiency? Goto Town > Training Ground

Now take a moment to reflect. When you leave us think of something you did today and apply this knowledge to it.

Go in tranquillity.
Who Mass Attended
Orakio 12:54 pm, Nov 23, 1650
Cathrina 12:30 pm, Nov 23, 1650
buzadam 12:15 pm, Nov 23, 1650
Hodierne 10:46 am, Nov 23, 1650
Aarwen 10:46 am, Nov 23, 1650
Last edited by Aarwen on Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bacchus

Post by Bacchus »

Bacchus walks up to Aarwen at the end of the Mass. He hands her a sheet of vellum. ' Lady Aarwen, your efforts on our behalf are
appreciated.'
Bacchus smiles, ' Aarwen, you seem to have taken on a tough job here. There will always be people who criticise you but know that there will also always be people who appreciate your work..

Bacchus indicates the sheet of vellum, ' My assistant has prepared a list of the people that need social-points to achieve their next level of proficiency. Please let me know if anyone approaches you about social-points, I will add them to my list add let the townsfolk know on a weekly basis.'

Bacchus offers Aarwen an ancient bottle of red-wine, the bottle is aged, the rotted cork looks intact where it has contacted the wine. ' This is a gift from one town official to another, as a thank you for being our priest. When you intend to drink the wine, open the bottle to let it breathe for a few hours.'

Bacchus grins, ' and thank you for accepting mine and Kitiara's wedding request!' He turns to walk away, as he passes a wilting vase of flowers of the altar he breathes on them and they flourish, blooms explode with new growth. The vase is hidden beneath the new blossoms and their scent fills the church. Bacchus smiles to Aarwen and leaves the church.
Aarwen

Post by Aarwen »

Aarwen raises her mirror to check her hair was simply gorgeous and dazzling. Then she raises both her hands greeting Bacchus just leaving the church.

Faithful Bacchus, why thank you. That is very kind - says taking the bottle and looking at the funny inscriptions on it - and I will follow your instructions. It is not poisonous, is it? - enquires puzzled - I mean, if I do not let it stand?

After putting the bottle down turns to the order of business.

Oh my, it is my privilege to be able to marry you. I am new and learning, as we all are in the Path of Life, and this would be my first marriage, a key moment in anyone's life, yours and mine I would venture saying. I have sent you a letter with a few additional requirements and information, please check it at your earliest convenience.

After a short pause continues.

As my work is important to our community so is yours. As a mentor I see you being very proactive rather than reactive. I would wish to say people had come to me to request social acquaintance but alas, they have not. Nevertheless, your contribution has inspired me for my next special mass. I shall dedicate it to helping our community members, with social acquaintances and work contracts. Sometimes we take the very basic for granted and forget that all is a blessing.

And immediately starts concocting her speech.
Aarwen

Post by Aarwen »

Continues here: Temple of Paz. Makes more sense and the Temple deserves its own thread =)