(CRP) Bethia's Cave

Moderator: Community Team

Harus

Re: (CRP) Bethia's Cave

Post by Harus »

As he arrived in his armory, he was happy to finally be home, albeit the small adventure he had. He undid the knots that held together his armor pieces, and removed them one by one, until he was merely in under cloths. He felt much lighter, and could smell himself now that he wasn't in all the heavy armor. Mounting each individual piece on a armor mount on the wall. He stepped back and looked at each wall individually, as they all where dressed with different battle attire, and weapons he had used and ones that where given to him.

He stopped when he saw the sword of Bethia's father, and walked to it, and removed it from it's mount, and gripped it in his hands, then lay the blade in both of them and looked at it closely, like he has done a thousand times. He smiled, and though of the memories for a quick second, then placed it back on the wall. He moved back to the door and went back into the hallway and ventured back toward his own room. As he passed the bathing room Bethia was in he gently knocked on the door, and opened it slightly, the doors where old, and made noise when moved, and he knew that was enough to get her attention.

He didn't enter, instead he moved down the hall toward the only room that had two doors for an entry way, then climbed the stairs into a giant bedroom. He expected Bethia would follow him if she was ready, if not he would return again later to check on her.

As he entered this room, he removed his own shirt, and tossed it aside then made his way to his own sitting area, where he could finally be able to remove his old boots. He sat down and started to remove them, wiggling his toes as he pulled each one off, then tossed them aside. He hadn't yet seen the young woman, so he walked over to a giant closet, and unfolded several doors to expose racks and shelves of clothing for any occasion for the female gender. He wasn't sure why he had them here, but he was glad he did.

Satisfied that she would probably find the reason for coming up here, he moved to his own personal bathing room and just before he entered, he dropped his own trousers in front of the door which blocked the door from shutting behind him as he simply pushed it to shut it. He then proceeded to do as he did for Bethia, pour his water, and lay himself in his own tub, but for him, this was more just to relax, and reflect further upon today's events. He lay his head back against a soft cushion, and closed his eyes, and allowed the warm water to soothe his muscles.
Bethia

Post by Bethia »

Her head snapped up at the knock and the door creaking open. Frowning she got up and quickly moved to the door, peeking out she just caught a glimpse of William disappearing into door way. Guessing that he wanted her to follow she tightened the towel around herself and quickly moved down the hall, hoping that no one would see her. Going through the entryway she saw him at the top of a set of stairs, and she followed a bit slower than she would have normally, her legs hurt, and the bottoms of her feet burned with the action of walking.

Finally she reached the top of the stairs and moved tentatively into a rather large bedroom. And just as she entered the room, she saw William drop his trousers. She instantly shut her eyes and blushed a bright red. She only opened her eyes again when she heard a door shut, and she put her hand to her face, feeling the heat of her blush against her cold hand.

Breathing out, she tried not to think that he might have done that on purpose and looked around the room. There had to be another reason he'd brought her here. Just as she was thinking that, she spotted the closet filled with women s clothing. Raising her eyebrow she moved toward it, and let her fingers play along the selections. Not knowing how much time she had, she quickly chose a white dress and took it from the closet.

Letting the towel drop she pulled the dress over her head, and let it settle around her body. The thin material of the dress clung lightly to her skin, showing off her curves to a good advantage, the hem rested just above her feet, and as she bent to retrieve the towel on the floor the skirt of the dress swished softly. Not sure where she should put the towel she laid it across a chair in the seating area.

Now that she was dressed she wasn't sure what she should do, looking around she frowned, then shrugged. Getting onto a comfortable looking chair she pulled her legs up under her and put her elbow on the arm and rested her head in her hand, letting her eyes close as she listened to the sounds coming from beyond the closed door.
Harus

Post by Harus »

He could hear noises in the room next door indicating she had made it. He smiled and kept himself in the warm water. Riding around all day and wearing armor all day as well takes it's toll on a man over time, even if he was a seasoned veteran. The sounds from the other room suddenly went quiet, and he assumed she either left or is waiting for him.

You're welcome to come in here if you wish, I don't bite. he spoke, knowing she would probably hear it.
Bethia

Post by Bethia »

She raised her head when he spoke and frowned, trying to decide if she should go in there or not. Looking around the quiet room she decided that she'd go in there, but keep her eyes averted...as much as possible anyway. Standing up slowly she winced at the soreness that seemed to radiate over her body. Pushing her hair out of her face she moved over to the door and carefully pushed it open.

Entering the room, she glanced around, seeing him in the tub she blushed and then moved towards a chair that was near a table. Sitting down she let her eyes wander the room landing on everything but him. "Thank you for letting me stay here..." she said softly, her eyes finally focusing on his face, careful to keep them there...although she was curious about what he looked like, and if he had many scars, but out of respect she kept her eyes only his face, looking into his eyes.
Harus

Post by Harus »

He kept his gaze upon the ceiling, but listened as Bethia entered the room shyly. He tried his best to keep a smile from his face when he saw her in the corner of his eye.

You can stay as long as you like, my home, is your home, but you won't be leaving till you're able to walk properly again. he said then looked at her.

I see you found the closet then. He let a small smile cross his lips.

How are your wounds, your feet, and that busted lip of yours? he trailed on, only stopping to take a short breath.

Following me today, in your condition, was very unwise, but I understand your loss. It was my loss as well. he turned his head back toward the ceiling.
Bethia

Post by Bethia »

Bethia raised her eyebrow briefly at his remark that she couldn't leave until she could walk properly. She was half touched and half annoyed at him because of it. "I don't want to inconvenience you by staying here for very long." she said softly, trying to keep her annoyance from her tone."

Looking down at the white dress she nodded causing her hair to fall over her shoulders. "I did, thank you. You have many beautiful gowns...is there a lady that lives here as well?" She honestly didn't think that there was a woman living here, but she couldn't be sure...not in her current state anyway.

At the mention of her wounds she stretched out her legs and raised the hem of the gown up to her thighs to let him see for himself the bruises and scratches, some deep others barely there. "They aren't too bad, I don't think." she said softly before letting the hem fall to cover her legs again. Touching her lip she sighed softly, "And I've had worse wounds than these...training sessions with my father were hard...and for me never ended with me, I was never good at protecting myself. "

When he proceeded to tell her that she had been unwise she nodded slightly. "I know it was, and to be completely honest, I don't know why I did it. Not really. I would have survived the night alone." she paused and looked down at her feet. "You don't understand my loss...not completely. He promised he would come back...but he's not going to...ever. And I'm alone, he was my only family." Brushing her hand across her eyes to wipe away the tears that had collected in her duo toned eyes. "And he was the only one who understood my Grace, and knew how to help me when it became overwhelming." Out of nervous habit she began to run her fingers through her waist length hair, letting the strands cascade over each finger, the candle light in the room catching and reflecting off the gold tones in her hair.
Harus

Post by Harus »

He listened to the words the girl had spoken and frowned, then decided to lower himself completely into the tub. After several seconds under water, he arose then wiped the water from his eyes. Not wanting to be in the bath anymore, he looked around for a towel, then realized he forgot to move one close, and left it hanging on the wall. He sighed, then stuck his hand out, and suddenly the towel was making it's way to him. As it moved, it unfolded itself mid air, and draped itself across the tub, and William stood and took it and wrapped it around his waist. The only lady that is here is you, and whatever servants there are of the female gender here, but they don't go digging in that closet. he spoke and stepped toward her, taking her hands and helping her stand.

And you will be staying here for some time. You have much to learn, about yourself, and your father. And it's not like I don't have enough spare bedrooms in this castle.

He then released her hands and opened the door to the bedroom, and picked up his pants that he had dropped before, and tossed them near a basket. He then disappeared into a large closet that was the size of a room. Several minutes later, he came back out, wearing a pair of comfortable pants, then moved around the room to gather up any of the cloths he, and she had placed and tossed them in the basket as well.
Bethia

Post by Bethia »

Her eyes flicked up briefly as she heard him submerse himself in the water, before looking down again, focusing her attention on combing out her hair with her fingers, she counted the seconds until his head broke the surface again.

Raising her eyes she watched him from under her dark lashes. It startled her slightly to see the towel floating through air, even though she knew Elves where magical creatures it still surprised her to see acts of magic. She kept still and as William stood she averted her eyes to give him privacy, though he didn’t seem to be worried about that.

Looking up into his eyes as he spoke again she nodded in understanding, and took his hands letting him help her stand. She pressed her lips together and tried to keep her face neutral as her legs exclaimed against the movement. She was going to pay for wandering out into the woods, bare footed and barely clothed. In her effort to keep her discomfort from him her eyes slid down to his chest, and she couldn’t help but think of how just hours earlier she had ran her fingers over the breast of his armor…

Before her thoughts could go any farther he spoke again, and she blinked the faraway look from her eyes and looked up at him. “Staying here..?” she said, still reigning in her thoughts. Finally when he let her hands go and moved away she was able to give her thoughts structure and she frowned. She wasn’t sure she would stay here, but he did say she had much to learn about her father. She didn’t want to lose that chance, and even though in the back of her mind she knew he had said that on purpose, knowing she probably wouldn’t leave because of it. She would stay, and hope it was the right thing to do, and the best thing.

Walking from the bath room into the larger room again, she watched him pick up his clothes and her towel and toss them into a basket. As she stood there she felt the heaviness of the day weigh on her, stressing her control on her Grace. She was becoming increasingly frustrated that things kept slipping through her control. A smell from the kitchens, the sound of a mouse scurrying some where in the halls. Random things that she didn’t want to hear, or smell.

Shuddering slightly she folds her arms under her chest and tilts her head watching William. She can’t help but remember the kiss they’d shared and how she had felt in that moment. Safe, secure, and warm. But she knew she couldn’t just walk over to him and kiss him again…could she? Sighing softly she shook her head, no, she couldn’t.

“I know you said you had plenty of rooms…but would you mind terribly if I stay with you tonight? Just tonight…” she paused and looked up at him with wide eyes. Hoping he would say yes, but expecting him to say no. “It’s harder to control my Grace when I’m alone.” she whispered wanting him to understand.
Harus

Post by Harus »

William looked around the room as she asked him if she could stay with him, in his room, in his bed. He then looked at the bed he was sitting on, the looked back at her.

I suppose, it is a big bed. he spoke then started to lift some of the layers of sheets and covers from the bed and set them aside for himself to climb in.

You're welcome to stay here, or in here as long as you like. And you don't have to sleep yet if you cannot. I for one am tired. he spoke then jumped onto the bed, suddenly disappearing amongst all the sheets and blankets.

He then rolled to the empty space he made, and lay the blankets on top of him, and blew out the candle on his side of the bed. He could still see her through the darkness. He closed his eyes, and folded his arms behind his head, waiting for her to hop in the bed.
Bethia

Post by Bethia »

Bethia let out a soft breath of relief as he agreed to let her sleep in his bed this night. She moved closer and watched him as he lifted the covers, and then spoke again. She tilted her head at his offer and wondered if that meant she could sleep here with him every night, and then he disappeared under the covers and settled into the place he had made for himself.

As she moved to the other side of the bed, she thought that it wouldn’t be a good idea for her stay here in his bed with him every night. Even if his offer meant what she thought it did. She may be innocent but she knew she wouldn’t be immune to being that close to him for a long period.

Just thinking about that caused her to blush and she was glad that at that moment he blew out the candle plunging them into darkness. She stood still for a moment before pushing the covers aside and climbing gingerly under them. After wiggling under the covers and adjusting the dress, from where it had moved up, she rolled to her side and lay near the edge of the bed, facing towards William. “Goodnight.” she whispered softly into the darkness.

She listened to him breathing in the darkness trying to keep her mind focused on something other than the heaviness that was pressing on her. But it was useless. The tears filled her eyes and fell from her eyes to the pillow. She kept herself extremely still as she cried silently grieving the loss of her father, trying not to disturb William.