Re: Temple of Paz

Post by Gawain »

Leisure

What is this life if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.
No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.
No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.
No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.
No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.
No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.
A poor life this is if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.
To live. Or to be?
Life is precious, special and all should flourish in this garden we call our world.

Blessings to all.
Lum

Post by Lum »

Sunday mass

Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.
Lum

Post by Lum »

Wednesday mass

Share your smile with the world. It's a symbol of friendship and peace.
Lum

Post by Lum »

Friday mass

Smile in the mirror. Do that every morning and you'll start to see a big difference in your life.
Gawain

Post by Gawain »

Believe in yourself. You are braver than you think, more talented than you know, and capable of more than you imagine.

Believe in yourself, take on your challenges, dig deep within yourself to conquer fears. Never let anyone bring you down. You got to keep going.

If you believe it will work out, you’ll see opportunities. If you believe it won’t, you will see obstacles. Your true success in life begins only when you make the commitment to become excellent at what you do.

Blessings to all.
Gawain

Post by Gawain »

A Pound of Butter

There was a farmer who sold a pound of butter to a baker. One day the baker decided to weigh the butter to see if he was getting the right amount, which he wasn’t. Angry about this, he took the farmer to court.

The judge asked the farmer if he was using any measure to weight the butter. The farmer replied, “Honor, I am primitive. I don’t have a proper measure, but I do have a scale.”

The judge asked, “Then how do you weigh the butter?”

The farmer replied; “Your Honor, long before the baker started buying butter from me, I have been buying a pound loaf of bread from him. Every day when the baker brings the bread, I put it on the scale and give him the same weight in butter. If anyone is to be blamed, it is the baker.”

Moral of the story: In life, you get what you give. Don’t try and cheat others.

Blessings to all.
Lum

Post by Lum »

Friday mass

Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now. Don't wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future. Think how really precious is the time you have to spend, whether it's at work or with your family. Every minute should be enjoyed and savored.
Lum

Post by Lum »

Sunday mass

Today I choose life. Every morning when I wake up I can choose joy, happiness, negativity, pain... To feel the freedom that comes from being able to continue to make mistakes and choices - today I choose to feel life, not to deny my humanity but embrace it.
Lum

Post by Lum »

Wednesday mass

Infuse your life with action. Don't wait for it to happen. Make it happen. Make your own future. Make your own hope. Make your own love. And whatever your beliefs, honor your creator, not by passively waiting for grace to come down from upon high, but by doing what you can to make grace happen... yourself, right now, right down here on Earth.
Lum

Post by Lum »

Friday mass

Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.