[Rp] Datron and Maria's House

Moderator: Community Team

Vandor

Re: [Rp] Datron and Maria's House

Post by Vandor »

Picking up the lovely girl's hand and kissing the palm he continued to hold it as he looked at the man speaking to him, her father. "I love your daughter. I seek to make her my bride. With your permission, I will court her."
Datron

Post by Datron »

Vandor wrote: "I love your daughter. I seek to make her my bride. With your permission, I will court her."

Datron looks to Maria and see her smile then he looks to Anj seeing the glow in her face. He then looks to Vandor and says.

"Seeing the happiness that this idea brings to the ladies of the family I would be remiss to say anything but yes. Yes you may court her with the intentions of marrying her."

Datron then stands and picks Anj up and gives her a hug. Then turns to Vandor and shakes his hand.
Anjoliquee

Post by Anjoliquee »

As I sit there by Van's side, as he has taken my hand into his, bring them up to his lip, kissing them tenderly, and then to hear his sweet words of love. Then to hear him ask my father for my hand, it left me speechless as my heart race, I trying to breath after he had awed me. Tears roll down my cheeks as my dad took me from Van, lifting me up in a tight embrace, slowly letting me back down after a good long hug. I couldn't speak I grab onto Van wrapping my arms around his neck pulling myself up to meet him in a tender kiss, as i turn to my mom and dad I blushed realizing they were still in the room. I bit on my lip and said in a soft voice "sorry my mom and dad," raise my shoulder up and giggles.
Maria

Post by Maria »

Watching her daughter, Maria remembers what it feels like... to be young and in love and have so much to look forward to. She looked at Datron. Where did the time go? It was just yesterday that she felt about him the way Anj feels about Vandor. She glanced over at the young couple, then back to her husband.

Fairies wear their age well and Datron was no exception. He looked as strong and attractive to her as he did when they were courting. But they had been together a long time. Of course she still loved him, but the excitement had turned into familiarity. It was sweet. It was comfortable. But maybe all the time she spent in the town hall had taken it's toll. Maybe they needed to spend some time reestablishing a connection between them, and regain some of the excitement that had taken a back seat to life.

A thoughtful smile on her lips, she took Datron's hand as she congratulated Anj and Vandor. They were a lovely couple, Maria liked Vandor very much, and she was thrilled that her daughter was so happy.
Anjoliquee

Post by Anjoliquee »

"As much as I would love to stay longer, we have to go mom and dad. We only came so Van could ask you if he could have my hand in marriage and I think we can talk later mom as to when we can have the wedding mom." Anjolique hugs her mom and dad and wave's Bye as Van take her hand and lead her out of the house.
Maria

Post by Maria »

Maria is tired. She has worked hard to build up the town of Paz and to make Bravia a strong and powerful land. She thinks back, long ago... to a time when some Fenian acquaintances in the tavern made jokes about her home... no leadership, no vision... a lot of people, but none strong and all poor. A wasteland. She hadn't lived here long at the time, but it hurt to hear them laughing. That was during Thistle's term.

There were plenty of resources here... but through 1-2-3 Viceroys... the resources were never used to develop the citizens. Fenia did well enough, and with fewer people. They had wealth, good prices, Level 2s and 3s that were studying, people who had uncapped strength and dexterity.... but Bravians didn't move forward.

She and and Datron knew what had to be done. They took the bull by the horns and made it happen. It was aggressive and took a lot of work, but it happened. Of course, nothing is perfect... but Paz was pretty damn close. And Bravia now, full of Level 3s and strong people, was a land that prospered.

She lets out a chuckle when she thinks of the new people here... trying so hard to figure out things that have already been figured out. But that's alright, the fun is in the journey. Content that she accomplished what she had set out to do, she looks around the empty house.

Anj is off with Vandor, Puff is busy with Violet. Maria sees ghosts of the past walk through the house in her mind. Datron has been gone a long time. It's just her and Shorty, no longer a kit, but the same sweet ball of fur that followed Datron home. She wondered when he would be headed back and thinks they've been apart for too long.
Dear Datron,

How did your chopping go? I hear through the grapevine that you've been averaging 7 wood each day! I'm really happy to hear that it's been so lucrative. Next trip, I'll be able to go with you.

Things are quiet here, Orakio is settling into his office in the Town Hall and I think it suits him very well. I have the mentor chair until Bacchus & Kitiara get back from their honeymoon...but I'm afraid I'm not doing the office justice. Tomorrow I will see if someone else is interested in it.

Sadly, Aarwen has left town. She was just settling into her chair in the council when she was pushed out in an unfair way. I am sad to tell you that she doesn't plan on coming back. A great loss for both Paz and Bravia.

I know you're on your way home but wasn't sure if you were stopping to pick some strawberries. If you get some, I'll make that shortcake you love so much. I look forward to the day you get back. I miss you.

Love,
Maria

Grabbing a fluffy pillow, she heads to bed with Shorty at her side. Tomorrow is another day, and she might just sleep in.
Datron

Post by Datron »

Datron recieved the letter from Maria as he was marching into town. Knowing it was to late to reply he instead headed directly home. He slid out of his uniform and into the shower first. Then he went to Look for her. He found her asleep looking as beautiful as ever. He climbed into the bed and snuggled up to her and lightly kissed her.
He whispered to her.

"Honey I am home. I will talk to you all about the things in your letter after we get some well needed sleep."

With that he pulled her close and held her tightly through the night. Happy to be home.
Datron

Post by Datron »

Datron sat in the back yard watching the water thinking. It had been several weeks since Maria had left and she had not as much as sent a note to him. He could hardly send one to her seeing as how she left in the middle of the night and he had no idea where she lived now.

He watched a squirrel run across the lawn and he picked up a walnut and cracked it open pulling out the meat, he set it on the table for the squirrel. He watched as the little guy timidly got up on the table and took the nut and ate it. Then reaching down he picked another up and cracked it open and set it there for his new friend. Who took it and scampered off to store it away for another time.

Leaving Datron there with a empty shell, a empty house, and a empty life.

He sighed and went in the house and went to sleep.
Maria

Post by Maria »

My Dearest Datron,

It has been almost a month since we parted at the iron mine. I had hoped at this point we would be together again, but I see now that circumstances may not allow such luxuries. I understand that, in addition to your responsibilities as General, you have taken over as Mayor of Paz.

Since my arrival in Widu I have been quite busy. I came here as Regent and given a seat in the Finance office. Now that the Rite is over, I am hailed as Queen. I have set up a lovely home in Widu, although I may be moving to the castle in Imperius soon. Fenia is a beautiful and bright place, dimmed only by the fact that you are not here with me.

I miss you, Datron. I don't know how long your commitments will keep you in Paz, but I do hope that someday soon when you are not tied to council or town, that you will come and join me here. Despite the distance that separates us, I remain...

Your loving wife,
Maria
Datron

Post by Datron »

Datron Sits at the table and writes a response to Maria's Letter
Dear Maria,

I have finished my commitment here in Bravia and will be at your side soon.
I miss you dearly and can not wait to be with you again.

Your Loving Husband,
Datron
He finds a page and sends the letter off to Maria. Then he goes about getting ready to leave. The first thing he does is go and loook for the family tome it had been in his family for generations.

Finding it he goes outside and opens the book to the back and pulls from its resting spot, the gem he would need to make the next step in his move possible.

He sets the book down holding the gem in his hands and starts to recite a incatation. As he does the ground starts to shake and the winds start to blow. The gem glows a brighter color. The ground below and around the house start to rise, one full acre of land rises into the air and then shrinks in size and settles inside the gem. Having secured the home he had built for Maria he tucks the gem in his pocket and heads off down the lane towards Widu.