[ORP] The Paz Docks

Moderator: Community Team

Gideon

[ORP] The Paz Docks

Post by Gideon »

Gideon strolled towards the docks, accompanied by two guards dressed in grey, with a spring in his step and a happy tune whistling from his lips. He had just received the word that Captain Keldrin and his Aquarian Silver was coming into port, knowing Keldrin would rather risk his own life than not complete his delivery he was certain that the majority of his things were aboard. Smiling at the bustle of the port, he found the dock that was assigned to Keldrin and awaited his arrival, his guard silent and grim beside him.
Venerio_Soranzo

Re: [ORP] The Paz Docks

Post by Venerio_Soranzo »

Venerio was in Paz to conduct some business with his new found collegue and friend, Gideon, he had after all been looking to expand his business into new and profitable locales, he still was not entirely convinced Paz was one of them, but it had a port, which was always a plus. Now Venerio, at much the same time as Gideon, was heading towards the docks as earlier this morning a small urchin had delivered him a letter, the little oik had even demanded 3 gold coins as a tip... bloody cheek of it really, Venerio of course simply gave the boy a clip around the head and sent him on his way.

But, the hows and whys did not matter really, the letter had invited Venerio to the docks, and to the docks Venerio went, hoping to see something cultured coming out of Gideons ship, rather than the barbaric items of this continent. After a few moments of dodging some slightly hungover looking dock workers, and one or two who were still drunk, Venerio found Gideon, pushing his way through the bustle, his huge feathered hat bobbing as he forced his way through, once he was in sight he grinned, one finger twiddling his perfectly waxed mousatche before speaking in a voice, heavy with the accent of the high families of Veneria "Gideon my friend" he said loudly over the din of the port, approaching the man.
Gideon

Post by Gideon »

Gideon smiled as he heard the voice
"Gideon my friend"
He waved to Venerio and one of his guard pushed into the crowd to forge a path for the man, calling to him he had to resist letting out a whoop as the vast ship, much larger and more colourfully painted than the other ships docked and known as the Aquarian Silver, glided into the harbour and headed for the dock
"Venerio! I see the invitation found you, and just in time as well, Keldrin and that monstrous ship of his are almost here" Gideon chuckled as he watched the ship
"I had begun to wonder if the boy had simply taken my three gold coins and not delivered the letter, I wasn't as worried as when I thought this ship was lost at sea, but there was still concern" Gideon grinned at Venerio and tipped his hat to the man
Venerio_Soranzo

Venerio joined Gideon, nodding at the guard in thanks as he made his way through the crowd, just in time to see a huge ship appear, Venerio whistled loudly and grinned, his gold tooth glinting, "Gods, she's beautiful...I've not seen a ship like her since I was at home...." he looked at Gideon his grin not fading "They can't make them like that on this backwater continent." he watched the ship enter port, overwhelmed with many emotions at the sight of her, and more than a little homesickness.

He sighed and looked away a second, at the dock filled with people, reminded why he loved his trade so, apart from just the fiscal gain of course. He turned back to Gideon after a few moments and smiled slightly "I do hope what you have on the ship warrants using such a beautiful vessal, she can't have come cheaply."
Gideon

Post by Gideon »

"They can't make them like that on this backwater continent."
Gideon nodded in agreement, his eyes searching the deck of the approaching ship
"They have little need for them at this moment, but it would be nice to see a few more like the Aquarian around"

"I do hope what you have on the ship warrants using such a beautiful vessal, she can't have come cheaply."
Gideon began to get impatient, wishing he could begin to unpack his things at that moment
"It is some of what remains from what I owned in my home land, gifts for the rulers of these lands, things to use for my new palace. Hardly a twentieth of my full collection, but I could not hide it all, couldn't get it all on one ship"
Gideon sighs and thinks mournfully of the things he left behind
Keldrin of the Mists

Post by Keldrin of the Mists »

Keldrin stood by the helm as they moved towards the docks, shouting orders to his practiced crew, trimming the sails to catch even subtle breezes as the crewmen guides the large ship into the biggest deep water dock they had. The Sails were trimmed to catch winds to drag and slow them, gently pulling in beside the dock as ropes are thrown across to dock hands who proceed to tug the ship to a full stop and then tie it off.

The large man grinned, his dark skin having a slight gleam in the bright sunlight as he bounded down to the main deck as the plank was lowered, the first mate taking over and making sure everything was finished for the docking. The trip had been a bit eventful, the waters they passed not always being calm or empty, but he still had a full crew and had kept all the goods he had planned to bring. He watched the hustle and bustle on the ship, so many potentials for men to lose limbs or die, as his crew worked as a well oiled machine to keep things running.

He had seen the clothing of Gideon on the dock, and a man dressed similarly apparent with him. He grinned as he walked up to the plank, a few of the deck hands already bustling up in hopes of coin to transport the goods off the ship for whatever purpose it was here for. His records keeper and quartermaster had already beaten him to the plank and was organizing them should the captain-or more likely the employer-deem the need to pay the young lads for such services.
Gideon

Post by Gideon »

Gideon sighed happily as the ship tied off, hurrying forwards as the plank was lowered, seeing a crowd of people on the deck he instantly recognised Keldrin and bounded up the plank and cried out
"Ho there Captain! What took you so long? I thought perhaps you had decided to explore the bottom of the ocean" Gideon laughed as he reached the top and held out his hand to the man, looking about at the crowed he smiled
"I probably wont have much need of you lads, most of my things will be lifted out the hold with the crane, unless you feel like trying to carry a 10 foot tall marble statue, or the table large enough to fit 20 trolls around?" Gideon grinned evilly and looked at the wooden contraption on the dock, glad that this continent had at least developed these things.

Gideon turn and waved to Venerio and his guards to come up
"Ah, this is my friend Venerio Soranzo, I thought I would bring him by and show him some of the collection, though he might be more interested in your ship here"
Venerio_Soranzo

Venerio stared at the ship, his mouth slightly agape, taking a few moments to take in the pure beauty of the thing, after all, when one was trapped in a continent as backwater as this one, you took beauty where you could find it...although some of the local maidens.... Venerio shook his head quickly to break the thought chain as the captain appeared. He took a step forward and held his hand out to the captain, smiling as the other quickly brushed against his perfectly waxed moustache "Venerio Soranzo, Merchant Prince extraordinaire, at your service." He motioned at the huge ship in front of him "As Gideon says, magnificent ship, I've not seen one like her since I erhm...left Veneria. Where was she built?"
Peronell

Post by Peronell »

thistletumbler wrote:thistle watches the saucy-sorceress do her magic on the poor ol turtle, and utterly fails to stop an involuntary laugh from exploding out of him when the lil kid runs crying home. thistle grinned '' dinner by the ocean? sounds lovely but... well im sorry...council doesnt look after itself, im a busy halfing...''thistle stopped, seeing the dissapointment in peronells eyes, he grinned cheekily, '' only joking! lets go, sounds like great fun!''
She nods and tucks the turtle under her arm.

Shall we?

The walk to the docks is short and she admires the ships docked and the beach where the smaller fishing boats are dragged onto shore in the evening. There is even a fire pit and rocks arranged around for seating. The perfect spot. She breaks open the turtle's shell and dresses it before putting all of the meat back in the shell and adding some herbs and seasonings from the bag that is always around her waist. That should do.

She conjures a fire in the pit and puts the shell to the side before rinsing her hands quickly in the ocean (you never know what is in there).

There! That shouldn't take too long.

Peronell sits on a rock where she can watch the turtle cook and turns to the Viceroy.

So, what brings you to Paz on this very lovely day?
thistletumbler

Post by thistletumbler »

thistle enjoyed the walk to the docks, the sun was shining, all was right with the world and whilst peronell was admiring the ships in the docks, thistle was admiring the lovely lady walking alongside him...

whilst peronell fussed around with cooking the poor turtle, thistle took his shirt off and laid back in the lovely sunshine, warming his small, but muscled halfling frame. he smiled when she asked what brought him to paz..
'' hmmmm.. '' thistle pondered his answer momentarily... '' i guess it was the sea air? or was it something altogether more different? '' he winked and looked at the turtle that was frying...