Birth of a New Beginning-ORP

Moderator: Community Team

Bacchus

Birth of a New Beginning-ORP

Post by Bacchus »

As I step through the front door of Kitty's( no, now it is OUR home) I feel home different things are. Our family has expanded and in more ways than we might have guessed.
Kitiara

Re: Birth of a New Beginning-ORP

Post by Kitiara »

It was a beautiful setting. The fresh water lake, the pine and birch trees, the faeries and nymphs. It was Time. Her contractions had started a couple of hours ago and they had just arrived in this shady lake shore glen. They had been in the Happy Hunting Grounds just moments before, having stepped through a doorway Kiti had opened. She was still unsure of her own powers, but she was growing used to them through use and Bacchus's love and teaching. What had started as an innocent accident at home, had turned into a greater understanding of both her husband and baby.

This is perfect. They set themselves up at the lake shore. Kiti would give birth in the waters with Bacchus and the water nymphs helping. After walking to the shore, she sat down as another contraction took hold. It was simply beautiful. Kiti and Bacchus were in the water and the funniest thing, with every contraction, Kiti's stomach made waves in the water. The nymphs would giggle at the waves and that would make Kiti laugh. Kiti and Bacchus were using magic to dampen Kiti's pain, but not the feeling of the contraction. It would only be a few hours before the baby was born. With her final push the nymphs pulled the baby from Kiti and held it up out of the water for Bacchus to see.
Bacchus

Post by Bacchus »

I gaze in wonder upon the now waling infant. At first it took the form of a dragon and was quickly coughed a plume of smoke.

The child looked around at us all and with a puff of green and pink smoke it transformed into a humanoid child. In this form the child had kept it's mothers' clour for it's dainty wings and kept my human skin colour.

I reached down and, nestling the baby's head in the cradle of my arm held, her( yes it was a girl) up to her mother. I smiled and placed the baby upon Kitty's tummy. Looking around I saw the old grandmother of the trees standing like a sentinel. I kiss Kitty on the head, ' I think we call her Willow after her Entish Godmother.' A breeze blows gently through the long slender boughs of the ancient willow tree, I can almost her the willow sighing an 'Aw shucks!'
Kitiara

Post by Kitiara »

Kiti was sweating not from any pain, but from the exertion of the labor itself. When the nymph first held up a baby dragon, Kiti was surprised and wondered if there was a dragon egg below her. Then the baby puffed smoke and changed to what looked like a large faery baby, pale skin and green wings. If it wasn't for the magical training Bacchus had given her in the last few months, Kiti would have totally freaked at having a child that could fly, let alone change form.

Kiti took the baby from Bacchus, careful of her wings, and held her. Willow? Kiti looked up at the tree Bacchus indicated and smiled. Yes, Willow is perfect. The name and our child. Kiti couldn't help but stare at her little girl. She had had no idea whether the baby she carried was male or female, it didn't matter to her. It was their child, that was all that mattered. She has your nose, you know. Willow gave a sudden hiccup that created happy little soap like bubbles floating from her lips. Kiti giggled at the sight. Are you hungry, Little One? Kiti settled Willow in to nurse.

It was only then that she realized she was still in the water. Kiti laughed as she realized she was sitting nearly chest deep in the lake nursing her baby girl, with Bacchus hovering over her and the nymphs sorting everything at the 'other' end. Bacchus, My Love, do you think you could help me over to sit under Grandmother Willow? I think she would like to have a closer look at her name sake.
Bacchus

Post by Bacchus »

I am crying with happiness to see Kitty and Willow getting on. Before I have a chance to help the pair out of the water the sylphs that were tending to her gripped an arm or leg and gently flew her over to nestle beneath the willow tree. A nest of willow leaf mulch was already prepared, I hadn't noticed any of this going on but I am not completely surprised.

I offer Kitty a drink from a jug that had been left beside her by the water. The liquid isn't quite honey, isn't quite beer, isn't quite very fresh chilled water. Laughing at the bubbles I gently stroke Willow's head and tenderly, softly kiss Kitty on her beautiful full lips.
Kitiara

Post by Kitiara »

Don't cry, My Love, Kiti said, seeing Bacchus's tears. The sylphs were very gentle with Kiti and Willow, settling them down comfortably under the tree. Holding Willow in one arm, Kiti takes the jug from Bacchus. Taking a sip, she asks, Hun, is this ambrosia? Before she gets her answer, she gets a kiss from her Love.

We should send out birth announcements. I think Hod would like to help, don't you?
Bacchus

Post by Bacchus »

I smile because I was thinking the same thing, ' It would be great for Hod to get to enjoy seeing Willow grow up. How shall we invite Hod over to meet Willow? '
Kitiara

Post by Kitiara »

Kiti giggles. I think we need to get home first. Then just ask her over. She smiles at Willow who is now finished nursing. Putting Willow against Kiti's shoulder to burp her, Kiti says, Hod never needs a reason to come over you know. She loves us as her Favorite Aunt Kitty & Uncle Betty. Besides, she has probably missed us terribly since we have been gone. Willow let out a tiny little *bup* and laid her head on Kiti's shoulder. I think I need a nap and Willow is already sleeping. Give us a couple hours and then we can head home. Kiti pulled Willow from her shoulder into the crook of her arm, then scooted into a comfortable napping position and laid Willow next to her. With Bacchus around and Caleb patrolling nearby, Kiti knew nothing could happen to her or her baby and promptly fell asleep.
Bacchus

Post by Bacchus »

I see Kitty and Willow snuggle up together to sleep and quietly creep into the kitchen and set the kitchen-faeries to coking dinner, cleaning dishes, washing clothes, drying and ironing. I urge the tiny winged creatures to be maintain silence with a whisper, ' Kitty and Willow are asleep.'

Once the chores are being taken care of I return to Kitty and Willow, wrap them in my arms and sleep myself.
Kitiara

Post by Kitiara »

Kiti wakes to a lovely afternoon, her daughter in her arms and her husband's arms around her. Willow turns her head and looks at Kiti with eyes wide open, almost like she was never asleep. Her little precious mouth starts working, smacking her lips. Kiti pulls her around to nurse again. Once Willow is full, Kiti gets up carefully, not wanting to disturb Bacchus, and gathers things to change Willows soiled nappy. Caleb saunters in to the glade at that point and comes to Kiti, noticing the new person there.

Caleb, this is Willow, Kiti says quietly. She is our daughter, Kiti motions back to Bacchus. Caleb came from Sharra's wolf pack and was very intelligent. Caleb sniffs Willow all over, his whiskers tickling Willow making her laugh and Kiti smile. Caleb then licked her little face gently, saying hello. Willow grasped at Caleb, nearly grabbing his face-fur. With a hiccup, and more bubbles from Willow, the little girl was distracted from Caleb to grab at her own bubbles. Caleb watched the bubbles float for a moment, then walked around to lay near Bacchus. Kiti finished changing Willow, placing her on her tummy, then before she could decide what to do next, Willow started to float up, her little wings fluttering like a bumble bees.